[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the general advice for 6.1 male who weighs in at 190?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: qtddtot.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
qtddtot.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
Whats the general advice for 6.1 male who weighs in at 190?

Do I lose all fat then start lifting or lift and eat at a deficit right from the get go?
>>
Can you guys think of any more lifts to add to these core lifts that im going to base a work out around?

Squat, DL, Pull Up, Row, Bench, Ohp

I have been doing xAxBxAx - xBxAxBx

A - Squat, Ohp, Pull Up

B - Squat, Bench, Row

I think i have the basic movements down but i want to add a little more in there. Please help /fit/
>>
If I'm trying to bulk but also hitting my protein mark everyday, is there any reason to add creatine or some other protein powder to my diet?

Most people praise it like it's transcended memehood, but I don't want to be getting too much protein.
>>
is true nutriton really best bang for your buck protein powder, or will pretty much anything get the job done?
>>
>>35499277
Creatine is not a protein powder nor is it relevant to your protein mark. It helps the muscles to recover quicker and to gain size faster.
>>
File: 1450215752155.jpg (2MB, 2545x1633px) Image search: [Google]
1450215752155.jpg
2MB, 2545x1633px
How often should I mix up my routines? Been going steady now with a certain routine for prolly 3 months now. Still gaining gains so..
>>
File: 1431304309701.jpg (77KB, 1124x717px) Image search: [Google]
1431304309701.jpg
77KB, 1124x717px
>>35499354
Had the same question right before the last thread was archived.
How exactly I suppose to change my routine? Can I just mix my exercises? Can I just switch days? Should I replace exercises I used to do for months with completely new ones?
Do I even need to fuck with my routine or I can just do the same shit for a year?
>>
>>35499354

Depends on what sort of routine you're doing right now. Generally you can stick with a (good) routine for a long time before substantial changes have to be made.
>>
>>35499448
I'm currently doing a split (AxBxCxx)

>A: Chest & Biceps
>B: Shoulders & Triceps
>C: Back & Legs

I do abs whenever I feel like (usually on mondays and fridays)
>>
Looking to improve my form on a lot of my lifts, going to deload.

Who are the best YouTubers to watch for videos teaching proper form on lifts?
>>
Mike Boyle says don't do conventional squats.

/fit/ do i put all of his opinions in to the trash?

https://youtu.be/jYuQOijliac
>>
>>35498916
Lift and eat on a small deficit, when your lifts stall, eat more.

>Select all images with steak
>>
AxBxAxC
BxAxBxC

>A: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
>B: Biceps/Back
>C: Legs/Abs

What do you guys think? Does it look like a solid routine?
>>
>>35499525
That's a terrible routine. If you want to do a bro split like that, you'll need to do it ABCABCX or ABCxABCx. You need to be hitting each muscle group twice a week
>>
File: 1444718967730.jpg (36KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1444718967730.jpg
36KB, 607x608px
>>35499882
Thanks bro
I'll be doing ABCxABCx from now on then
>>
>>35498980
Best to go for an already proven novice routine. Like Greyskull LP, SS, or reg parks.

If you want to be a hipster, turn it into AxBxAxx, so that there are two rest days in a row for recovery purposes, like most fullbody programs.

As for the fat, just drop down 10lbs with a 500 cal deficit, ECA and a bit of cardio. It will come off fast like that, and you now have 10lbs more to bulk with.
>>
So I've been doing SS for like 3 months and have had decent progress. However, I would like to spend more time in the gym and also focus slightly more on aesthetics so i was thinking of adding some accessories. Should I pick up the accessories from ICF or just choose some compound accessories like the ones Rippetoe suggests in the SS book? Also, I'm aware that accessories won't necessarily lead to faster progress but I want to do them anyway.
>>
>>35500918
I'm already doing dips and chinups of course.
>>
>>35499721
Mr green :^)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.