[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I'll hit 5 pl8 deadlfit before 2 pl8 bench >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 144842508938.jpg (80KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
144842508938.jpg
80KB, 600x901px
>tfw I'll hit 5 pl8 deadlfit before 2 pl8 bench
>tfw I always stall on bench so it can't progress

Just kill me /fit
>>
>>35347404
Lol you're my exact opposite. I can rep 3pl8 bench but I can't even deadlift 3pl8 but for one rep. It just refuses to increase no matter how hard I train but all my other lifts continue to progress. Feelsbadman
>>
>>35347404
90% of bench stalling that early is due to lacking technique

for benching you need a lot of smaller muscle groups to work together
for deads there
>>
>>35347561

It's probably this or/and you're not eating enough. Or you may need to increase volume.
>>
same here op, but also
>tfw will hit 1.5pl8 ohp before 2pl8 bench
>>
>>35347581
I'm gaining weight so surely it wouldn't be the calories, and how much volume would be good? Atm I'm hitting everything 2x a week
>>
>>35347615

By how much are you trying to jump in weight each time? If you're still a novice and doing linear progression, the bench and press will stall first and you'll need to decrease your loading and start using microplates.
>>
>>35347636
Increased it by 2.5kg, which is the smallest increment I can do at this gym
>>
>>35347648

That's why you're stalling. You need to start going up by 1kg until those gains run out and then switch to 0.5kg per session.
>>
>>35347611
How's that shit possible? I've hit 2pl8 bench 3pl8 squat and 3.5pl8 diddy. But still hit a plateau at 50kgs in 3x5 OHP
>>
>>35347695

You're probably jumping by too much weight. I stalled at 65 3x5 because I kept jumping by 1kg, switch to 0.5kg and currently at 70kg 3x5 and still going up.
>>
>>35347685
I'll start looking at getting my own microplates, cheers anon :)
>>
>>35347695
it's weird. I probably over exaggerated, but right now I do 6 x 1.5pl8 bench and 5 x 1pl8 ohp, without legdrive

I'm short (5'10'), but that'd help both lifts somewhat equally
>>
>>35347717
>tfw smallest plates at the gym is 1.25kgs
>>
Stupid question, but must you butt be strictly on the bench?

If I hover my butt I can do so more weight.
>>
>>35347723
I'm 6'3" so I don't think height matters too much.
I probably just got weak shoulders :(
>>
>>35347734

Because you want a strong base to support the weight. You don't want to be hovering and not staying 100% tight with heavy weights, like a 1.5x bodyweight bench.
>>
>>35347404
Contrary to what /fit/ says, flat BB bench is not really a great chest exercise. Work your anterior delts and triceps, bring your grip in a bit close, just outside shoulder width, tuck your elbows as you go down and have a slight arch in your back, traps glued to the bench.
>>
>>35347741
By work your anterior delts and tris I mean accessory exercises.
>>
>>35347736

You're stalling because you're jumping by 2.5kg every time lad. The linear progression on the press runs out pretty quickly. It's a 5% jump, that's a lot for the press. Do able at the beginning, but it runs out quick.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.