[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/'s Least Favorite Workouts for me Bicep curls. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: gill23142354.png (446KB, 780x469px) Image search: [Google]
gill23142354.png
446KB, 780x469px
/fit/'s Least Favorite Workouts

for me Bicep curls.

I feel like i can't stimulate my biceps and rarely get a pump in them. I've tried heavy and light but I never get a good bicep workout.

Tri's on the other hand i get great pumps on.
>>
File: 6476476.jpg (32KB, 167x210px) Image search: [Google]
6476476.jpg
32KB, 167x210px
>>35199010
>can't get a pump in biceps
>>
>>35199010
What do you do for biceps?
>>
>>35199495
usually do hammercurls, dumbbell curls, cable curls, or a curl machine.
>>
I hate doing bicep curls because i feel like such a fucking meme
>>
>>35199528
>I hate doing bicep curls because i feel like such a fucking meme

I am autismo
>>
>>35199517
are you lifting bitch weight son? Because if not it is really easy to get a pump with curls.
>>
>>35199010
Squat, I make a pained face every. Single. Time. And I don't feel like I'm doing anything important.

And I can't do 225x5 yet
>>
File: 1447010100735.png (431KB, 596x617px) Image search: [Google]
1447010100735.png
431KB, 596x617px
>>35199010
>can't get a bicep pump
>>
>>35199517
I'm not sure what you are doing wrong anon. Are you swinging the weights around instead of doing them properly?
>>
>>35199010
Don't curl your wrist in
Don't move at shoulders
Don't move entire arm up in a block, only from below elbow
Keep wrist straight with forearm
Focus on only using the bicep like you're about to flex it

Then do 21s or to failure, or supersets of regular curls then hammers one after the other. Once you fail use the free hand to assist it up and do forced negatives.

Yes you will feel it. I also struggle to get pump in the biceps but if you do that you will feel intense burning there.

Oh and try holding the weight nearer to the plate furthest from your body then when u get to the top of the movement begin turning your wrist towards the outside, turning the dumbbell to the outside of your body.

You can also try holding it halfway up static for as long as possible.

If you can't do a rep without assisting with any other muscle then u gotta drop. IMO. Most guys cheat though and seem to get great results so who really knows?
>>
bench

the shit is whack.
>>
squat

blew the fuck out of my knee during middle school football (tore tendons, broke kneecap, etc.) and now every time i squat i get a dull pain that lasts about 24 hours
>>
favorite: shrugs
least favorite: shrugs
>>
>>35199589
proper advice on /fit/
>>
Squats

>Weak legs
>Long-ass femurs so my stats are shit
>It's easy to overexert and I end up feeling sick after a few sets
>Never feel like I'm getting much work done compared to what I could be doing with leg press plus some weighted lunges
>>
>>35199622
This

>Do some shrugs
>Nearly black out and have to sit hunched over on a bench like a retard
>>
Pullups because I am 105 kilos
>>
>>35199589
I'll try these tips out.
>>
>>35199528
Yeah i know what you mean. You don't want people to think that your a curlbro
>>
>>35199642
they're a lot of fun though. face looks retarded when i do them, and then i look retarded when resting between sets. but so much fucking fun.
>>
Favorite: Probably farmer walks pull ups. Love working my back and shoulders

Least favorite: Bench
>>
>>35199722

Let me rephrase that. Farmer walks and pullups, not a "farmer walk pull up"
>>
>>35199679
This. I always hit biceps last and this one guy comes in twice a week while I'm there. He always shows up when I'm about done so to him it probably looks like curls are all I do.
>>
>>35199631

Fuck, I know that feel. I'm thinking about adding leg extension on my leg day since squats make me feel super unproductive
>>
>>35199010
agree on the curls, i have to do drop sets to get anything in there.
>>
>>35199679
>>35199528
>>35199856
Why do you care about what people think about you?
>>
>>35199589
this
elbows to your side and make sure you tighten your bicep as much as possible at the very top of your curl. slow down and focus on the negative. get some pull-ups in your life as well. shits good for you
>>
>>35199607
Same man. Blew mine out in soccer. Squats suck now but if I stop doing squats why bother at all?
>>
>>35199495

I don't know the technical term for it but what I like to do is, finish/fail my last set, immediately rack it and pick up the next lightest bar, go to failure, immediately rack it and pick up the next lightest bar, and so on.

By the end I probably look like a total tard, failing on the 20lb curl bar, but fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
>>
File: 1404414727401.jpg (83KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1404414727401.jpg
83KB, 1600x900px
I don't like squats. At all. And you know what else, the ohp isn't my favorite either.
>>
>>35200074
yeah i read you. i still do them even if they suck and they're comparatively weak to my other main compounds
>>
>>35199010
>can't get a pump
is it 1990 already?
>>
I fucking hate lunges and every variation of a lunge, and I hate clean and press. Clean and press is probably my least favorite lift overall. Thankfully, they're not staples of most routines so it's easy to just not do them.
>>
For me, my worst is leg extensions. I don't know why, literally one set, doesn't even really matter what weight I use, and my... fuck, I don't even know what they are called, right above the knee, burns like hell.
>>
>>35200122
This. I hate ohp
>>
killeveryoneinthisthread.jpg
>>
>>35200144
What are fast twitch muscle fibers and slow twitch muscle fibers?
>>
>>35199590
It's you and me against the world, friend.

I wish there were non-bench things that did what bench did.
>>
>>35199589
The bicep is a pretty small muscle on the arm, triceps are much stronger and bigger with more purpose.
>>
SQUATS

FUCK SQUATS

>>improve form
>>improve form again
>>improve form again again
>>always dropping weight
>>always finding new things to fix

HOLY FUCK WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BODY WHY CAN'T I JUST SIT DOWN AND STAND UP WITH WEIGHT ON MY BACK

also my legs are long af and these mile long hamstrings are a huge pain in the ass to lift with. The only reason I keep squatting is because I know if I stop it'll kill my DL progression and DL is the only thing I live for.
>>
>>35200258

You don't need squats to improve your DL. It helps, but not as much as doing more deadlift assistance work.
>>
>>35200258
Holy shit this is exactly the position I'm in. Everyone says squats are so important but I hate doing them and I'm not really progressing in weight since my form feels weird 90% of the time.
>>
I don't curl either because they really only work my forearms
>>
>>35200502
Finger curls for forearms
>>
>>35199589
Fuck it's hard to keep ego away of it all. Thanks for those reminders lad
>>
>>35200258
Literally deadlifting will improve your deadlifting more than squatting ever fucking will.

I'd say deadlifting and some variation/assistance for that lift is enough in terms of legs and general lower body but I'm sure someone will call me a total retard.
>>
crunches cause hate being on ground and no heavy weight or pump feeling involved. also do the area in my gym is extremely visible to anyone walking anywhere not in the weights area
>>
>>35199010
Cable curls are the GOAT for biceps. I never really felt right doing dumbbell curls.
>>
>>35199631
>long femurs
Nice excuse. You're just a pussy that refuses to do anything legitimately challenging in the gym. You're literally that fucking lanklet curling 25s with shit form once a week.
>>
Curls are probably my most hated exercise purely from boredom

I'd say Deadlift is the most depressing to fail a rep on

and Squat is the most nerve racking to attempt max on.

Bench is probably my favorite but i've always had a way over developed chest compared to my DYEL fucking body
>>
>>35199010
barbell rows. I can't fucking keep proper form when I'm trying to break PR
>>
File: 5414512314.png (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5414512314.png
51KB, 600x600px
>>35200576
why do you do them on the ground? You could try the one in the pic or do cable crunches.
>>
If you dont like squartting then youre doing it wrong. I used to hate squats vut now i love them, the test boost and the face normies make when you squat 200kg are priceless. Also you get to scream as loud as you can without looking like a douche
>>
>>35200258
Try olympic style squatting with more forward knee travel. Practice it with lightweight until you've got a technique down that doesn't look fucking retarded or make your knees explode.
>>
>>35200103
I do this too. What's it called pls?
>>
>>35200213
It's called a "dip", you dip.
>>
>>35199010
>/fit/'s Least Favorite Workouts
anything to do with chest.
bench, cable crossovers, flyes, all of that shit sucks...
people act like its the most fun muscle to train but i don't get it.

i love OHP and arnold press, though.. funnily enough.
>>
>>35199722
holy shit are you me?
>>
File: natty king.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
natty king.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>35200652
dips give you man-titties, and my clavicular head is already under-developed in relation to my sternal head.

the one and only TRUE natty king says you need to hit the clavicular head for an aesthetic chest, and to really get that line in between your pecs when you are wearing shirts and such (low-cut v-necks, obvi)
>>
>>35200649
>>35200103
Drop setting. Don't do this. It's a waste of time and energy.
>>
>can't get a bicep pump from curls

HUH?
>>
>>35200723
if it is at the end of your last set, no reason not too, desu.

you get more volume in, and thus more hypertrophy.

and its not like it is going to affect recuperation anything more than negligibly, unless you avoid training to failure to begin with.
>>
>>35199495
squats, deadlifts
>>
>>35200736
Pretty sure there's research showing training till failure not providing any additional gain compared to training close to failure. The added volume also loses intensity and there's a hard limit in terms of potential gain from excessive volume as well.

You're just making yourself more sore for no added benefit.
>>
>>35200778
>The added volume also loses intensity
so?
> and there's a hard limit in terms of potential gain from excessive volume as well.
nope.
more work = more results.
the only problem is (if you are natty) recuperation.
http://www.strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/

also, you can dropset and still stop a rep or two before failure.

still no real reason not to do it, imo.

i mean its not like the tiny amount of volume at the end will make or break you,, but i see nothing but benefit, despite your claim to detriment
>>
>>35200804
There's no reason to do it over just maintaining intensity and doing added volume. The point of a drop set is literally to go till failure. It's just some broscience curl kiddies think is some magic formula to getting tanked. The only purpose of a drop set is to cure gym monotony.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.