[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question. Can't find a straight answer anywhere else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1449672817619.png (132KB, 577x758px) Image search: [Google]
1449672817619.png
132KB, 577x758px
Quick question. Can't find a straight answer anywhere else on the net. Figured I'd come to you guys.

Is dieting to lose weight more about what you eat, what you don't eat, portion control, or all three equally?
>>
Bump plz it's late as fuck and I need to go to bed, but I gotta grocery shop in the morning.
>>
well to be honest dieting isnt enough to lose significant weight if you are being proper about it. The truth is that the only thing that will cause people to lose weight is to be more active. Standing up for 2 hours more a day on average can keep 10lbs off of you over the course of a year. Small changes are whats key.

When it comes to dieting you just need to be sure you are fitting all your needs and youre not over eating.
>>
>>35193514
All three equally also this
>>
>>35193514

Well i have a workout routine I do anywhere from 3-4 times a week (roughly 60 minutes medium level cardio and 45 minutes various free weights) that I started about a month ago, so activity is covered. I just wanted to know more about the diet perspective. I've cut the portions of what I eat, and I'm trying to eat more nutritious things and less crap, I'm just not seeing a whole lot of weight loss.
>>
>>35193524
>>35193514

Also, just as a point of curiosity, what are any foods (besides obvious ones I.E. Fast food, very salty or very sugary foods) that you reccomend avoiding to improve weight loss?
>>
Bump for interset.
>>
Anyone else opinions?
>>
>>35193547

Bread, rice, pasta etc

Replace that shit with veggies like broccoli, spinach, cauliflower and zucchini

You can quite simply turn zucchini into pasta and cauliflower into rice with a vegetable peeler and grater respectively

You can eat as much of these veggies as you like without gaining weight and you won't be stuck in a cycle of insulin spiking and crashing leaving you tired and hungry all the time
>>
it is much more about what you eat. Your body isn't dumb. If you only eat small portions and starve yourself, it will slow your metabolism, thinking that food has become scarse. Also, you will be more likely to store fat as your body will think "Oh sweet 600kcal! I'm gonna store that shit as fat in case we can't find much food tomorrow"

If you want to lose weight, your diet should feature:
> as much vegetables as possible. Eat them at will
>GOWAD (gallon of water a day). Only drink water.
>lean protein sources (egg whites, chicken breasts, fish)
>fruits. when your energy level is low, eat a fruit

also:
>go to bed on an empty stomach
>sleep for as long as possible
>>
It's entirely due to the energy content of your food versus the energy expenditure of your body. Mass and energy have been known to have equivalence since the early 20th century.

Eating low energy density foods with high satiety makes it easier to avoid high density foods because your appetite will be lower.
>>
>>35193537
Get a calorie counting app and weigh and input everything you eat and drink.
>>
All 3 matter. If I had to choose one to pay attention to the most, it is "portion size" (calories) because for most (especially if you are american) this is the one that more people get wrong.

If you burn more calories in a day than you put in, you lose weight - simple as that. Exercise + knowing the calories you are putting in will win.

Obviously what you eat is important too for the functions of your body. If you eat 10 pounds of fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats, etc. a day you will still gain weight, though. It's not magic food.

"Cutting out" cheesecake and other things won't help you (weight-wise) if you are just replacing the calories with other things.
>>
>>35194153

10 pounds of brocoli has 1500kcals.
Do you even /vegetable/ ?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.