[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheat meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 2015-12-09-07-52-41.png (201KB, 715x745px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09-07-52-41.png
201KB, 715x745px
Friends and family keep telling me iit's okay to have a cheat meal every once in a while. Is that true?

I'm currently cutting, and I'm pretty sure they're all full of shit. They're all also hungry skellies if that makes a difference.
>>
>>35192293
yeah once every 5 months for me. But i eat like a sjw bbw during
>>
it's fine just don't do it too often. Know a dude who had cheat meals every 2 day or so, he never stopped being fat.
>>
>>35192293
>Cheat meals are actually good for your metabolism.
Your mother in law is a retarded individual. Avoid her if possible.
>>
>>35192293

>using the therm "cheatmeal" as a non professionell athlete

toplel at your life wanna be.
>>
If your are clean cutting probably
I personally don't care what i eat, as long as i get my protein and calories i eat whatever i want, already lost over 16kg at 0.5-1 kg a week, family made some brownies and cupcakes today, i had 2 of each as well as a small bit of ice cream in my whey, that is pretty much all i ate other than some veggies and sausages for my din dins
>>
>>35192293
The idea of cheat meals gives artificial value to crap foods created by corporations to make money. If you want to reward yourself then choose a clean food which is a bit luxurious. It'll feel good when you eat it, feel like a treat, and you will still feel good after you finish.
>>
It's like a mini bulk, giving your body more than it needs so it can comfortably repair and shit. Depends if your cutting and what you cheat with. Its never good for you but if you're terrible with macro s and are under cutting maybe. Not like a cheat meal solves that problem though
>>
>>35192293
i eat a dozen doughnuts every 5 pounds i lose. all in one sitting, with a half gallon of milk. it satisfies my cravings, makes me sick of junk food for another good while, and the next day i'm all carbed up and dehydrated which makes me stay motivated to keep cutting
>>
>>35192293
Sandra Prikker said that cheat meals actually help while cutting because if you are taking in low calories week after week your metabolism slows down to adjust.
Having 1 cheat day a week fixes that and is also quiet enjoyable.
>>
>i have such a warped and fucked view of food and family that I call normal eating patterns "cutting" and "bulking" or refer to things like "cheat meals" or "refeeds"

let me guess, american?
>>
>>35192293

Cheat meals restore glycogen reserves; they tend to be burnt off first when exercising. Not restoring them may lead to muscle loss considering no other energy source is available
to pool from once fat burn has reached a maximum output. In other words, you can only burn so much fat per day; there is a maximum rate hence why DNP is so effective - it allows
more to be burned and at a faster rate. This also explains why your lifts take a while to drop on a cut; it's not until your glycogen reserves are depleted and your deficit goes over your
fat that your body burns muscle mass. This is also why you look flat on a cut; glycogen is stored in the muscles and liver and holds roughly 3 grams of water per gram of glycogen.
Per gram of glycogen lost, you lose 3 grams of water; the average person holds 2-3 pounds of glycogen.

When you have a cheat meal, keep in mind that your body likely holds 12-1400 grams of glycogen which is converted from carbohydrates, so the obvious assumption is to consume
a metric fuck-ton of carbs. If you've been on a cut for a long time, you may want to do a week of 300 kcal surplus. Considering the surplus is fairly low, most of the weight gained will
be from either water weight retention, glycogen refilling, and muscle growth with very little change in body fat. If you've been going for multiple months straight with no cheat days,
consider two weeks of lean bulking before going back to cutting.

Generally, a cheat day every other week of hitting +300 and high carbs will be useful in maintaining muscle mass.
>>
I'm not a dog, so I don't reward myself with food.
>>
>>35192359

> thinking its healthy for your body to be in a caloric deficit for extended periods of time

I can tell you dont know much about the human body
>>
Cheat meal, yes.
Cheat day, no.
>>
>calling your mother in law "mother in law"

Holy shit
>>
>>35196406
Cheat meal doesn't mean a meal that completes maintenance goals. It is food outside your current planned diet which is structured and has a goal. If you need calorie surplus you should calculate that into your diet to maximise your performance or gains.

Eating junk food won't help anything. It just gived uncalculated fats, carbs and calories which will mess up your goal.
>>
>>35194011

Jesus, how do you get all that down without puking?
>>
>>35192359
>what is refeeding
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 650x870px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 650x870px
>>35192344
>mfw cheat days become cheat life
>>
>>35196457
What's even weirder is that he was talking to his father in law
>>
>>35196566
Hello read >>35196531
>>
>>35192293
are you a professional athlete ?
are you a body builder going on stage in 3 months ?

oh what's that? you are none of those?
Then yes its fucking perfectly reasonable to have a fucking cheat meal .

I've been eating so much junk food for the past 3 weeks, I'm still loosing weight , I'm still beating my PRs and I look better than I did 3 weeks ago.
>to be fair I do exercise alot but then again so should you if you want results .
>>
>>35192293
Who are you cheating? yourself? i never understand the concept of cheating meal, why would you program a day for it? you just need to know what you are eating, if is bad for you dont eat it for godsake.
>>
Everything in moderation, brah.
Did someone make food swimming in gravy with all manner of not so healthy side dishes and have deep-fried bacon wrapped Snickers for dessert? That's cool, you can eat it if you want, but you really don't need to clean the plate. There's a difference between being 500 and 1500 kcal over your daily intake.
>>
>>35192293
I tend to use cheatmeals if I'm feeling tired, can't recover and I'm stalling. Sometimes blasting my body with some extra cals for a day helps, and doesn't effect the cut too much.
>>
Do whatever works for you. If staying strict make everything fall into place perfect, stay strict.
>>
File: 1447624296544.png (122KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
1447624296544.png
122KB, 349x320px
>>35192293
what in the everliving fuck is a cheat meal? you either have goals and a set diet or you don't, if you 'cheat' you have to literally incorporate that 'cheat' meal's macros and caloric intake into your daily totals, is a cheat meal some kind of magic word that makes what you put in your body disappear or some shit? I don't get this generation, senpai
>>
>>35199251
This
>>
The whole cheatmeal is broscience.

/thread
>>
Dropped 50kg, abs are coming in so i'd say i went from 30% bf to around 15

never had a single cheatmeal. instead i have quest bars, they're not amazing and the protein content is more of a gimmick for the goyim who buy them, but I recieved 5 boxes for free from a random contest at a local supp store.

So every time i feel i need a cheat meal i heat up a quest bar in the microwave and go to town on that, sometimes i even spread peanut butter on the top. Always fits into my macros considering its basically a protein shake in bar form.

Best flavours are Cookie Dough, Double Choc Chunk and Cinammon Roll.

Worst flavours: Peanut butter, Lemon Pie, Rasberry and Chocolate, Banana Nut, Coconut
Mint Choc Chip.

Also I got some Combat Crunch bars from MusclePharm, they're fucking amazing.

don't really care if i sound like a shill, try one some time anons
>>
>>35199251
>I'm too autistic to understand the concept of eating whatever for one or two meals a month to maintain my sanity
>I take myself too seriously
>>
I've been doing keto for two months.

During that time I've had exactly two cheat meals. In both cases, I literally gained like 3-4 pounds the following day, which then took a few days to lose again.
>>
i have "cheat days" in the sense that i eat without caring for macros, but i still eat at or slightly under my calorie goal. i just don't have the appetite to gorge like i did in the past. like for thanksgiving i had decided to say "fuck it" and just eat until i couldn't eat anymore, and after a single plate of turkey, ham, and green bean casserole i could barely find room for a slice of pie. back in the day i'd eat double or triple that
>>
>>35200324

Combat Crunch is pretty alright

I was eating the mint chocolate Clif Builder Bars for a while, really enjoyed those
>>
Cheat meals can help to restore your glycogen stores allowing you to continue to push your workouts while you cut. Super fatties don't need cheat meals. They become more important the leaner you get. So if you're trying to go from 20% to 12% bodyfat you dont need cheat meals. They might help from 12% to 10%. Getting from 10% to say 7-8% is tricky, and cheat meals are very helpful here. Also if you're doing low carb or keto, they are important every 2 weeks or so.
>>
Guys I've been lifting for years and read a lot of scientific studies about this, without writing a novel it's basically like this:

You should have ZERO "cheat" meals until you are at 12% bf

Below that ~once a week if you are cutting at 500 kcal below maintenance.

/thread
>>
>>35192293
Cheat meals can reset your metabolism and keep your body burning calories. A lot of diet plans use them, they're fine. Just use common sense. Once a week at most and keep it close to your TDEE. Don't go over by like 2k and ruin all your work.
>>
>>35200364
That's water weight and glycogen mayne.
>>
>>35200427
>>35200425
This
>>
>>35192293
i usually just listen to my body. Some weeks I don't have a cheat meal, some weeks I might have 2 or 3. No, I am not fat.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.