[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the /fit/izens dance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: jackson_toes.jpg (13KB, 252x370px) Image search: [Google]
jackson_toes.jpg
13KB, 252x370px
Can the /fit/izens dance?
>>
>>35189537
no, but I'd like to learn to.

maybe salsa or swing. I'd rather not pay for classes, but going to a meetup group for skilled dancers is pretty intimidating.
>>
>>35189811
Are there any beginner classes in your area?

Sucks that you'd like to learn partner oriented dances, since you can't really practice on your own.
>>
properly? no but i go to disco/house/techno clubs so i do dance of course.
>>
>>35189537

I just mostly bob my knees, and go through various reload animations I remember from old video games.
>>
>>35189882
That's actually hilarious and slightly effective at the same time.
>>
File: CoverMeImReloading.png (160KB, 680x251px) Image search: [Google]
CoverMeImReloading.png
160KB, 680x251px
>>35189882
ME ME ' D
>>
>tfw I will never be part of a hiphop dance crew because I'm 33 y-o :(
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R-awYNRGSM

that's too late... right ?
>>
>>35189537
Grills tell me I'm a good dancer but I think it's because I have good face and hair genetics and can move to the rhythm without embarrassing myself. But not "good" by any means.
>>
>>35189930
It's a little late to be part of the URBAN YOUTH MOVEMENT, but you might be able to organize a group of other 30-somethings to have a good time.

I think it that kind of culture, skill is everything. So if you're really good, your age shouldn't matter as much as it you'd think.
>>
>>35189537

>salsa
>bachata
>kizomba
>argentine tango

Im not the only /fit/izen who dances. There are plenty more. Its a great non-autistic hobby.
>>
I can dance the fuck out of any damn party
>>
>>35189537
>15 y/o mexicant
> all this quinceaƱeras party's comes up
> can't dance for shit so ask a cousin with smooth moves to teach me
>says I'm too stiff
>I try for consecutive weekends
>finally lost interest
FF 9 years
>at a wedding with a grill
> she wants to dance
>Im aware of my autism but I told myself is all about confidence so try anyway
>seems like I'm doing pretty well, girl sticks with me and we dance a couple of songs
>a friend is recording me with his phone
> uploads the video to Facebook
>look it up
> I look like a Nintendo 64 polygonal character having an aneurysm in slow motion

I really want to learn but is just something that seems ill never achieve, curious thing I'm moderately good at boxing
>>
File: 1449029957233.jpg (78KB, 553x674px) Image search: [Google]
1449029957233.jpg
78KB, 553x674px
>>35190140
Fucking nailed it mate
>>
One of my most memorable moments was the day i pulled 5plate DL. No one even cared when the next best pull is close to 3pl8 at that gym.

I ignored it and continued my workout and moments later i glide around a bit and moonwalk to the song playing on the radio. Like 3 people surrounded me and kept complimenting me.
>>
File: 1447508845802.jpg (121KB, 809x670px) Image search: [Google]
1447508845802.jpg
121KB, 809x670px
>>35190140
What a nice friend

I'm impressed that you're still functioning emotionally desu. I'd crumble if a friend put something like that on fb. My fragile sense of reality would shatter and i'd become a paranoid mess, which has happened before senpai
>>
>>35190075
>kizomba
My nigga
This righ here, coming from portugal, its the sexiest dance i can recommend if you want to dance with grills
>>
>>35189537

Not properly. I had a friend long ago who wanted me to come to dance classes with him because he thought it'd get him girls. It didn't.
I went out clubbing with friends like a normal person instead and just picked up shit from that like vid related. As long as you're not a completely arhythmic gimp and can follow the beat you can blend in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0A1pQ8FiqU
>>
I just hold my drink and slightly tap one leg in the rhythm of the music.
Bitches can't resist
>>
>>35189537
>Can the /fit/izens dance?

Nope. Never understood the appeal. Many years ago, I had a couple of drinks and danced with a girl. After about fifteen seconds I completely lost interest and it just seemed like dull and repetitive.

I don't get what the deal is with American women nagging men about dancing. Last GF was Japanese and she had zero interest in dancing. Come to think of it, the Japanese GF before that showed no interest in it either. It's just a weird American obsession that every dude is supposed to be gregarious, extraverted, like sports, and into dancing. *shrug* Don't care.
>>
what's the secret to not dancing so blocky and stiff?

pls dont say "just be loose and do w/e let it go"

is there a certain way to practice that helps? or a certain dance type that makes it easier to get loose?
>>
>>35189537
niggas call me drake and I'm white btw
>>
>>35190330
Drop mdma or acid. Then just do whatever your body feels like, just let it be free
>>
>>35190366
i dont wanna drop acid every time I wanna dance.
>>
>>35190075
>>35190264
Actual portufag here, most cancerous dance you can learn
Cumps.
>>
>>35190264
I just looked up Kizomba... wtf? so you grab your partner, hug each other, and just walk around?
>>
>>35190366
you're going to get addicted if you keep using illegal drugs as a crutch :P
>>
>>35190377
>>35190403
Well enjoy your tistic dancing fags. This a proven method for dancing out in desert parties, hippies think I'm legit.
>>
>>35190492
enjoy your crippling drug addiction degenerate.
>>
>>35190492
ok that's cool, im looking for other methods though
>>
>>35189537

http://tinypic.com/r/65mj5w/9
>>
>>35190569
thats actually pretty good dancing desu. very loose not stiff good feetwork
>>
>>35190335
Drake's dance at the end of hotline bling was actually outrageously refreshing. I liked it a lot.
>>
>>35190582
T-thanks anon
>>
>>35190610
that's you? got any tips or something to get better at dancing? iunno i just suck and dance too stiff
>>
>>35189537
Perfect thing to do with a girl is dancing lessons

As for me, I'm still saving that date idea for the right qt

Can shuffle bretty gud already tho
>>
I took ballroom dancing lessons for years. Currently I mostly do Swing/Lindyhop. The only really annoying thing about this hobby is the need for a partner. I had to take breaks several times because of that. The good thing is that you need to get to know people, so it helped against my autism.
>>
>>35190620
In all honesty I never really tried dancing regularly as its pretty evident in the video but I do try to pull some moves when working out to music on the down low.
>>
I would enjoy learning hiphop dancing. I had a few lessons with latin, classical, and swing but they werent my thing.
>>
I took dance lessons, can't dance worth shit. I know a fast runner (100yd-to-mile) who can dance like The Jackson, never took a lesson in his life.
>>
File: received_1072754086098173.jpg (14KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
received_1072754086098173.jpg
14KB, 380x400px
>>35189537
Weapon reload moves all day
>>
>>35189537
No but I would love to learn. Is it possible to do so online, I'm too poor and too autistic for real life classes.
>>
>>35190851
I learnt to dance watching YouTube videos and practising in front of a mirror
>>
>>35190859
Cheers I'll look some vids up. I was also wondering if dancers do any sort of physical training, calisthenics or even strength, in between practicing their dance moves/routines? I guess having strong and mobile legs cant hurt.
>>
>>35189537
Of course.
Salsa, cha cha and swing to have fun
Hip hop, bachata and kizomba to get pussy
Tango is good too
So far I know salsa, cha cha, bachata, a tiny bit of swing, kizomba and tango and no hip hop
Great way to show off your gains while fully clothed, meet people (grills included), break the "ice" of physical contact, have fun, do your cardio without being bored as in running etc

Literally zero downsides

>>35189811
Whenever you "don't want to pay" for something, compare it to the amount of money you spend per month on take away food or whey. Don't be stingy, it's a worthwhile investment.

>>35190330
>what's the secret to not dancing so blocky and stiff?
Just be loose and let it go
>pls dont say "just be loose and do w/e let it go"
Don't dance at all. You're asking how to deadlift 6 plate without getting calluses. Dancing IS about letting go of your insecurities. If you don't want to do that you might as well not dance
>>
Busting out the Hopak is a winner at clubs.

Not great for chicks though
>>
>>35189537
You bet your ass I can. I went to a swing/salsa mixed event last Friday and I'm still recovering. For this that remember I made the thread last Saturday about dancing is the key to making it if you have any kind of social impairment.
I fell in love three times that night and had my heart broken twice. (Latinas man, gorgeous!)

I'll check this thread throughout the day for some basic tips if anyone needs some.

God speed brothers.
>>
File: zyzz-o.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz-o.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>
>>35190335
But Drake can't dance
>>
I can skank.
>>
How do I into this mode of dancing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45M0cz-9Nvs
>>
>>35189537
Dancing is for betas.
>>
File: 1443894742558.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443894742558.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>35189882
>>35189909
>>35190828
Delivering for you fags, a fitizen delivered this in another thread.
>>
No, but I can drink like a motherfucker. Even if I could dance I probably wouldn't because it just looks goofy and I'm one of those awful people who takes himself too seriously
>>
File: the boss.gif (903KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
the boss.gif
903KB, 300x229px
>>35189537
Yes, and this is my inspiration
>>
I played a shit fucking load of DDR and PIU back in the day, but I guess it really doesn't count.
>>
I can only dance provocatively which is my closer for getting the bitches wet. Works 100% for making out and 30% for fucking.
>>
>>35190569
Nice moves breh
>>
I just want into techno viking mode brehs
>>
>>35190140
I expected a happy ending. Wasn't disappointed, tho.
>>
Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOdmELly0AU
>>
>>35190075
there's no other type of tango tho, tango is tango
>>
>>35192325
i love you, thanks
>>
I like to dance at clubs but I have a feeling I look like a retard doing it. Both the bodily dancing but facially as well. I've got on a tight-lipped serious face, all dark and sweaty. It's hard to dance and keep a smile on.
>>
Every man who considers themself a man should know how to country two-step. Women cream themselves with a dude who can spin them around and dip them.
>>
>>35194137
>country
even worse than rap family
>>
>>35194194
Someone has no rhythm.
>>
>>35190895
Yeah, if you want to get into genres like modern, ballet, break, lock (aka disco), or Chinese ethnic, you'll need to practice flexibility and jumps. Stuff like windmills, knee drops, butterfly kicks, macacaos, etc look easy, but they're not.
>>
>>35194137
>amerishit dancing
LoL
>>
File: 0cxVFJL.png (534KB, 568x699px) Image search: [Google]
0cxVFJL.png
534KB, 568x699px
>>35189537
I'm pretty good dancer yes, after awhile dancing imo gets boring, so I'll go over the top and start doing everything stupid what comes to mind.

I watched some documentary many years ago, and it mentioned that being a good dancer makes you much more attractive to women, because it showcases that you're good at controlling your body. There probably is some truth to that, and to women it's a lot easier approach you at dance floor. Many times for me, they'll come up to grind their ass on me, which can be nice
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.