[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I did an experiment, I wanted to prove vegans wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: holesterol.jpg (638KB, 2592x1112px) Image search: [Google]
holesterol.jpg
638KB, 2592x1112px
Hey /fit/,
I did an experiment, I wanted to prove vegans wrong about fat-meat-highcholesterol link, so I ate like this for 1 month straight:

Breakfast: Margarine (artificial/shitty version of butter), shitty paté/pasty (made from pig liver) and/or shitty salami (cheapest processed meat i found)
Lunch: 3-4 eggs, lots bacon, brocolli or cabbage salad
Snack: vitamin pill or chocolate or honey
Dinner: чвapци (Serbian "specialty", snack made of 100% pig fat), lots of milk/cheese, and пpшyтa (quality meat), everything really spiced up

Also, stood up late most of the nights and drank lots of energy drinks (exam month), drank lots of alcohol (celebrating successful exams), but most importantly, exercised for half an hour every day and had regular sex.

Overall: shitty life, shitty food, almost no fruits and vegetables, but added exercise and sex

>Pic related: Cholesterol levels

I wanted to prove vegans wrong, and prove right following theory
>Fat is not bad if you use it as energy, and not store it

So, did I succeed? Also, discuss.
>>
anyone?
>>
God, shitposting stays at page 1, but this relevant topic doesn't get any reply. You betrayed me /fit/
>>
>>35187093
Why the fuck do all of these plebcock low-carbers/ anti-vegan shitcunts have this pretentious idea that they can conduct scientific research on their own?

Do you really think that scientists, with decades of experience in the field, have missed something when they conduct their peer-reviewed clinical trials? Guess you showed them, right? Those incompetent doctors and medical researchers don't know anything about the effects of lipid ingestion and dietary cholesterol on serum cholesterol levels.

Fucking idiot
>>
>>35187423
chill bro, it's just a little experiment. I have nothing against vegetables, i eat lots of them, I just wanted to check if that one instance (link between food and blood lipids) exists with regular sex and exercise.
Sorry if I made your Vegan god mad
>>
>>35187093
Not trying to be a douche here, but you just proved what we already know.

Also, multivitamins are bullshit, you're getting ripped off.
>>
>>35187093
>So, did I succeed? Also, discuss.
Nice job so far. You should try vegan for a month and see what your results are.

I'm not sure but perhaps a month is too short.
>>
>>35187465
Well, I think it's a common sense too, but wanted to sacrifice a month of my life to prove it experimentally. And still, some people seem butthurt about it
And I know they're bullshit, but I feared for vitamin deficiency because of the shittiest diet imaginable.
>>
>>35187492
Maybe it is too short, but considering i have, on a regular basis, pretty much the same amount of meat in diet (just better quality) + steamed vegetables once a day, i think the result is relevant enough
Maybe I'll try vegan diet (but for 2,3 months) and test to compare, thanks for the idea
>>
>>35187451
What does veganism have to do with this? Vegans merely echo the positions of the medical establishment when they say there is a link between saturated fat, dietary cholesterol, serum cholesterol, and heart disease.

About dietary cholesterol:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989358/

A rebuttal of the recently published studies that attempt to fudge the data in order to "debunk" the link between SFA consumption and heart disease:
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/91/3/497.full

Literally the only people who try to deny the lipid hypothesis are fucktard shills for the low carb and paleo movements. Don't care about your health? That's fine, but don't try to deny the incredibly conclusive evidence that opposes your lifestyle.
>>
>>35187573
Vegan tend to spread those (mis?)informations, that's why i mentioned them.
Also, am I missing something, or those papers you provided took the cases of:
1. people with the risk of heard diseases,
2. people with non-refferent lipid values ?
It referes to the lipids in blood having extreme values. In that case, I also agree there are higher chances of many health complications, but in my case I used it as energy and I'm not fat. I don't think there is a peer reviewed research for the group of people like myself. If there is, i'd be happy to see it
>>
>>35187093

For one, it's not vegans you're trying to prove wrong, but the science of cardiology as a whole. If you're looking to prove cardiologists wrong, it'll take more than one data point from a self-experiment on one person with no controls.
>>
>>35187680
I study medical biochemistry, and I'm fully aware of the risks from high lipid index. I'm not trying to prove cardiologists wrong, I'm just trying to prove that, if you respect the Thermodynamics law of E(in)=E(out) by eating lots of meat/fat but instead of storing it or letting it circulating through your blood, and use all the energy it provides, you'll have absolutely no consequences on health (i did it more extreme, without taking RDA of other nutrients, just to prove my point about lipids)
>>
>>35187719

>use all the energy it provides

Were you losing weight during this experiment?
>>
>>35187755
A bit.
Haven't measured it, but noticed the belt/waist circumference lowered (my genetics make 90% of my fat go to the ass, so that's the first sign)
Also looked a bit fitter in the end.
I feared i somehow triggered type 1 diabetes because of the weight loss and increased water intake/peeing, but it was temporary due to shitty diet.
>>
>>35187799

That's what I meant by no controls. Keeping your weight the same during the experiment would have been important. Weight loss itself lowers cholesterol, and that's not a new finding that cardiologists aren't aware of. This is why when they do controlled feeding experiments to see how saturated fats affect lipids, they make sure the diets they use are isocaloric.
>>
>>35187854
i get it, and even if i do this experiment in controlled environment, there's no way i'll find enough people for it to be referent enough.

I just didn't give a shit about what i ate, regulated thermodynamics with exercise+sex and regulated hormones with sex, and turned out healthy as fuck, despite eating "enormously dangerous killing meals containing fat and meat"
And in this case, did higher cholesterol intake made me lose weight? Or is it just pure energy regulation? I'd say latter
>>
>>35187093
OK so now only eat nuts seeds fruits vegetables tofu and low fat fo-meats, olive oil, grains etc and compare.

BTW just so you know...
1. You can't prove anything in science, you can only provide evidence for inference.
2. You can't even provide evidence with what you have, because there is no before or after, no control. I would suggest you continue another month on your shitty high fat diet, then take a second test, a third month and a third test, then switch to a low saturated fat vegan diet for 3 months, and take another three tests (one at the end of each month), then do 3 months of a balanced diet and another 3 tests, and see what the difference is between the 9 data points
>>
>>35187936
I agree with 1.
>2. You can't even provide evidence with what you have, because there is no before or after, no control. I would suggest you continue another month on your shitty high fat diet, then take a second test, a third month and a third test, then switch to a low saturated fat vegan diet for 3 months, and take another three tests (one at the end of each month), then do 3 months of a balanced diet and another 3 tests, and see what the difference is between the 9 data points
I planned to do something similar, as >>35187492 mentioned, but your plan seems even better.
I don't know if i'll make it, because i really missed veggies and i felt that my body did not get needed micronutrients. Don't know if it's worth risking, i'd rather turn back to healthier life
>>
>2015
>almost 2016
>Caring what faggot hipster Vegans think
>kek
>>
File: 1424398851206.gif (833KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1424398851206.gif
833KB, 200x150px
>>35187451
>Sorry if I made your Vegan god mad
>>
>>35187093
> so I ate like this for 1 month straight:

you dipshit.

keto diet (lots of fat) take SEVERAL months to damage your body. The only thing you proved with this experience is your great talent at homosexuality. fuck off
>>
>>35188002
If the vegans are right then you can reverse any damage you did from the high sat fat intake by following a fruit and vegetable diet afterwards.

If the paleo/keto fags are right then you aren't doing any damage to yourself by following this kind of diet. Maybe follow the keto recommendations, eating organ meats and stuff like that? Wait you're already doing that by eating pate... Eat more pate? I guess just try to make the high fat stuff as 'good quality' as possible?

Also, broccoli and saurkraut are vegetables, no need to panick, you're eating vegetables!
>>
>>35187933

>I just didn't give a shit about what i ate, regulated thermodynamics with exercise+sex and regulated hormones with sex, and turned out healthy as fuck

Are you inferring that from the rest of your blood test or are you thinking that low cholesterol means you're in great general health?

Something to consider is that cholesterol may be used as a biomarker to get an estimate of your disease risk in the long term, but it's not a direct indication of the actual health of your arteries. Here's Dr. Vegan to explain your experiment

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/
>>
>>35188002
control for protein across your different diets. protein is important to control for. So, like, whether you're doing keto or vegan, make sure you're eating around 150g protein per day or something like that (whatever is appropriate)
>>
>>35188048
>>35188046
it would be interesting to try "damaging" and "reversing damage" by these diets, to prove who's right
In this case i just looked at the lipid status, and ate as bad as possible, nothing more. When i have more money and time in my life, i will experiment with hq meat period followed by hq vegan period and compare it.

>>35188077
i tested like 60 parameters and everything came out perfect, pic covers lipids and some minerals

>>35188094
i think i had them enough, considering amount of meat/eggs i ate
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.