[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday was my first day at the gym. It hurts when I raise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Yesterday was my first day at the gym. It hurts when I raise my arms. It's awesome. After a long time barely dealing with depression I need this, /fit/. I have to make it.

Also, do you have any advice/things you wish you knew when you started?
>>
You are experiencing doms. Get plenty of rest, stretch, light cardio and drink plenty of water. Be sure to have enough protein. Your protein repairs muscles during sleep.
>>
File: 1449526818060.jpg (51KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
1449526818060.jpg
51KB, 600x586px
Warm up before lifting and stretch afterwards.

You made the best choice you could ever do.
>>
Your routines must go farther than just when in the gym to make it. Any deviations to the routine will result in failure.
>>
Hey bro, fellow depressed fuck here.

The best thing I can say to you is to be disciplined. Motivation's good, but it'll fade pretty quickly, and when that's gone and you're feeling down, you're not going to want to hit the gym. Just fucking go anyway. Consistency makes gains.

There are going to be ups and downs. Just be consistent and you'll be happy in the long run.

Good luck bro. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35183760
Enjoy that sweet burn anon, its fleeting, but let your body recover before you go back to that muscle group. Progressive overload is the key, log your lifts, and try to improve them every couple of weeks (or at whatever pace suits you). Good luck
>>
>>35183760
Same brah, make sure you go back tomorrow though.
We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35183760

I wish I would have read the sticky when I first started
>>
Don't do the same routine the entire time. Research and look into new ways to keep your body guessing. Maybe every 2 months switch your workout routine. Always incorporate at least 30 mins of cardio.
>>
If you're a skelly you need to eat more, wish I woulda known that right off the bat. Always be checking your form and watch YouTube videos to make sure your form on all your exercises is good. You will have bad days, don't get discouraged. Don't be afraid to deload 10-20 lbs if you stall.
>>
>>35183958
>muscle confusion meme
pls
>>
>>35183760
assuming you're doing a legit program and not just fucking around doing whatever at the gym, you'll stop getting doms in a week or two.
>>
>>35183958
>at least 30 mins of cardio

Easy now. You can do 5-10 min light cardio and that should do the trick. It's just a warm up, keep focus on cardio on rest days.
>>
>>35184306
>help me cute my plateu meme
>>
>>35184748
Different anon, he's right. How the fuck do you measure progress when you switch up a routine that quickly? I started a new routine several months back. I know for a fact that only a month ago I had only just started pushing my body to its limits and giving it 100% in my workouts. I'm not just mindlessly progressing week on week.

Changing your rep/set range, or frequency, of deadlifts is going to drastically affect how much weight you can throw about. You're not going to be able to convert this accurately every time you change it for every lift to know if you made strength gains or not. Stay the course with any routine and keep going until you know you've plateaued (and have deloaded once or twice for good measure).

This allows you to gain strength in the areas you train. If switching your routine that often is necessary for progression for you, then your routine isn't targetting everywhere it should be for your desired result. "Confusing the muscle" is, in 99% of cases, just "I wasn't recruiting the right muscles in my workouts, so my lifts stalled".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.