[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CrossFit Pros/Cons thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Stupid.jpg (64KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid.jpg
64KB, 650x430px
/fit/, lifting/cardio isn't doing it for me. I don't feel satisfied after working out (gains are coming slowly and I'm tired af the day after a workout, it's just getting kinda boring). I mainly care about strength/conditioning over mass. Only things that have stopped me from signing up already are the price and the culty vibe, shit's weird. I like the push a group workout can give you but I don't want to become that guy who talks about crossfit all the fucking time

Convince me why I SHOULDN'T or SHOULD do crossfit.

It gets a lot of shit in this Homoeroticism Self-Hate Forum, if there are any crossfitters here tell me why I should join or if anyone was in a similar situation feel free to share.

>inb4 "you'll get hurt b/c the coaches suck/getting injured is advocated "
I know the oly lifts and I'm not a dumbass who works through pain that's not injury related, I know my limits. Cons of crossfit for non-autists only please
>>
If you want to do crossfit, you should.

If you don't want to lift and you just want to ski, you should.

If you want to look like zyzz, crossfit isn't going to do it, but that's for YOU to decide if you even want that in the first place.

Do crossfit. No one cares.
>>
>>35183272
I'm not saying you have to care about me, just wanted some semi-serious discussion about crossfit, I didn't see another thread about it
>>
If you want to brag about crossfit then do crossfit. But beware this may have complications if your a vegan, liberal or feminist because you will not know what to brag about.
>>
>>35183220
Just do real wl. It's respectable, demands more work, and you'll see much better strength results.

CF is for ADD wannabe show offs who can't do anything without having 30 people jerking them off and telling them how good they are.
>>
Risk reward ratio for cross fit is way too high since they over look proper form for higher intensity.
>>
>>35183924
But why should I, also there's no conditioning/cardio aspect of it. I also don't have a wl coach so I don't really have a way of making sure I'm fucking something up. I'd definitely keep weightlifting on the side even if I started crossfit
>>
>>35184006
>but why should i

I take it back I don't want your type cluttering up my sport. Go do crossfit and paralyse yourself.
>>
>>35183220
I’m all for it! Been doing it for almost a year, and I’m happy with my progress so far!

>I mainly care about strength/conditioning over mass.

The strength will come slower than if you were on pure strength training (obviously), but the conditioning and endurance gains are definitely there. The HIIT-nature of Crossfit tends to keep BF down too, so

>Only things that have stopped me from signing up already are the price and the culty vibe

Depends on the gym for both factors. I signed up for the classes/coaching/form training for a couple months ($150/month) until I got the basics down, then dropped to a $50/month plan without the coach.
They’ve never pushed paleo or weird supplements, they call it a “gym”, they don’t enforce strict adherence to whatever is on the website. We also do strength workouts which are indistinguishable from the stuff you see advocated here on /fit/.

I guess just try to find a good gym? They’re common enough that you might be able to have a choice in the matter, depending where you live.

>Like the push a group workout can give you

This. This is one of the best benefits, is the positive peer pressure that comes from doing it with others.

>but I don't want to become that guy who talks about Crossfit all the time

Well, then, don’t talk about Crossfit all the time.
Part of the reason for all the talk is the sense of achievement you get after a really hard workout.
If you have a sense of what really hard work is already, you won’t be tempted to become insufferable.

>I know the oly lifts and I'm not a dumbass who works through pain that's not injury related, I know my limits.

If you keep good form, you’re golden.

Go for it! If it goes wrong, you'll actually be better educated to criticize Crossfit, instead of the guys that think its all kipping pull ups and hammering tires.
>>
>>35183220
How can such an embarrassment of a "man" exist?
>>
>>35184198
Thank you for your helpful insightful answer. Never thought I'd say that here
>>
>crossfit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYj0XICHvQ
>>
File: you_seem__a_tad_peeved.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you_seem__a_tad_peeved.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>35184185
Sorry I tainted "your" precious sport by participating and enjoying it. You'll be happy to know I plan on continuing wl regardless of whether or not I do crossfit
>>
>>35184480
your valuable opinion has been noted, valued contributor
>>
Mark Rippetoe wrote an article about crossfit on T-nation a few weeks ago. I recommend you read it.

Cons of crossfit:
>Expensive
>High risk
>coaches have little training (usually)
>The programming lacks the capacity for most people to go beyond an intermediate lifters stats.
>People judge you for doing crossfit

Pros of Crossfit:
>It is still good exercise
>very group oriented
>qt crossfit girls

I dont do crossfit and I never will. It looks goofy to me and I would rather deadlift 405 lbs 5 times than do 25 95 lb snatches
>>
>>35185211
This guy.
Here you go OP
https://www.t-nation.com/training/crossfit-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly
>>
Crossfit pros: bitches

Crossfit cons: Crossfit
>>
I've been doing CF on and off for about 6 years, OP.

I'm not master by any means but I keep going between it for long periods of time and traditional strength training.

The reason I keep going back is because I find it's effective for me to incorporate strength training and metabolic conditioning in a single workout.

I highly suggest looking into Crossfit Football.

It might meet your needs better than you think it might. All of these "where's the programming, derrr", CFF is a programmable, easy to follow, linear progression lifting routine with good resources and practical application.
>>
Crossfit is utter garbage, do you know how this is an objective fact? Women do it, women don't lift weights but they do crossfit, no woman has ever been able to compete with me or will ever go as hard as I do in the gym, but cross fit is a level playing field for weak faggots and women alike.
Go ahead and do crossfit just don't do it in my gym and don't get in my fucking way you stupid cunt.
>>
Pros:
the girls

literally that's it.
>>
>>35184558
Ok enjoy no gainz
>>
People who do crossfit fall into two groups:

Group A) average person, no defined form, does crossfit on a regular schedule, not a great body, weak

Group B) ripped, strong, athletic, competes/wins in Crossfit events, only does Crossfit events, does non-crossfit routine regularly.

The crossfit poster boys only do crossfit events for $$$ & medals. They do non-crossfit workouts 99% of the time.
>>
>>35185309
Alpha dog
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.