[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protein diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: spongebob_squarepants20Panic.jpg (24KB, 440x338px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_squarepants20Panic.jpg
24KB, 440x338px
Hey /fit/, I need your help.

I started a protein diet two days ago, and what I read was for every 20 kilos of bodyweight you need to have 1 protein shake. My fat ass is around 100kg so I need 5. However, For the last two days, I've only eaten two, and haven't felt hungry or even slightly wanting to eat more.

Is this bad? Do I need to have at least 5 or is it the maximum allowed amount?

I asked other people I know that did the same diet but they didn't have the problem, and Google doesn't give me anything either.
>>
Have more protein.

More protein = less muscle loss and will help you stick to your diet long term.
>>
Just be yourself, your gains will respect you more.
>>
>>35181254
you realize there is a stickied thread at the top of this board that answers silly questions like this? Also, did you get that bit of info off of an ad or some shit? I have never heard of something like that and it is absolutely useless.
>>
>>35181276
Alright, thanks

>>35181288
I read the link in the sticky, it talks about protein diets, but not about needing a certain amount or anything like that.

The "1 shake per 20kg" I got from a friend and three different websites about protein diets, that all said the same. I'd link them, but they're all in Dutch.
>>
>>35181254
It depends how much protein is in the shake. Instead of using shakes as a measurement you should know you'll need about 1g of protein per kg you weigh. If you're 100kg eat 100g of protein.
>>
>>35181808
Every shake has 22.8 grams of protein in it, which would also mean 4-5 shakes.

My question is though, do I NEED to eat that much, is it bad for me to only have 1-2 shakes a day, or is it a "maximum" of 100g.
>>
>>35182021
Also just in case it's relevant, all I eat are those shakes and about 200g of cucumber a day.
>>
>>35182021
Well most people spout 1g per lb so you should be lucky you're not trying to wolf down twice that. However the recommended daily protein for the 'Average Male Who Does Nothing' is .8g per kg
>>
>>35182037
It sounds like you're trying to lose weight and not just build muscle, how many calories are in each shake? I got google translate you can link the site.
>>
>>35182072
Wow 200g of cucumber is only 32 calories. Okay so I'm going to assume that each shake is somewhere in the 500 calorie range since it's not as effect at the personal level to go too far below your TDEE
>>
>>35182053
Ah, in that case it'd be 4 shakes a day, which might be doable.

>>35182072
Yeah, feel pretty dumb that I didn't include that, I'm just trying to lose weight, and from what I heard a protein diet makes it so that you don't burn muscle that fast but more fat instead.

There's 117 kcal in each shake. Here's one of the websites, but it basically just says what I said:

proteine-dieet()nl/praktijk()html

>>35182122
No, there's about 117 in each shake. I don't feel hungry or tired at all, but that might be because I don't do jack shit all day and just sit behind my computer.
>>
>>35182168
It's pretty surprising that you don't feel tired as I calculated your BMR at 2,000. Protein is required for muscle growth as well as helping with retention but I don't know of protein being magic an making your body burn fat as opposed to muscle. Muscle loss is always expected when you're losing weight unless you do it very slowly.
Are you following the rest of the diet plan because in a few places where you can swap the shake they choose foods that are higher than your 117 kcal
>>
>>35182322
Yeah, I'm expecting to lose some muscle, but from what I heard this diet makes you lose less muscle than other diets.

And the things they suggest instead of shakes are things like omelets, pancakes, or bars, but those are al proteine-based too. The only one of those I have right now (but haven't tried yet) are pancakes, and those are 185 kcal per portion.

I'm going to buy some bars tomorrow, but those are probably in the same range.
>>
>>35182168
>>35182322
Only using their omelets and CiaoCarb Biscotti(diet includes snack) their strict diet works up to ~900 kcals, that's about a thousand below BRM. Good news for you though, if you're not working out, like you said you're not, then you don't have any muscle to lose anyhow.
>>
>>35181346
>I read the link in the sticky, it talks about protein diets, but not about needing a certain amount or anything like that.
Why you lyin?
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
First link from the sticky. You dont need a special super high protein diet if you dont have muscle are arent building any. lose weight then build muscle
>>
>>35181254
>for every 20 kilos of bodyweight you need to have 1 protein shake
that's very vague
how much protein is in a shake?
>>
>>35182422
Not sure what exactly is in a CiaoCarb Biscotti since they don't really mention it on the page, just the kinds of products you're allowed, which are all just protein stuff.

I don't necessarily work out, but I do bike about 30 minutes a day to and from work.

>>35182440
Yeah, I read that, but what I'm wondering about isn't in there. I specifically want to know if it's bad if I'm not getting all the protein they recommend.

>>35182459
Every shake has 22.8g protein, and is 117 kcal.
>>
>>35182522
>they
I have yet to find a scholarly article on their site about their diets or why they recommend their diets.
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/protein
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18577776
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/protein/
I don't care what they have to say about protein when I can't even find what they recommend but a decent few can agree that an average male needs .8-.9g of protein per kg as a base.
There's a TDEE calculator in the sticky, use that and the knowledge of a minimum .8-.9g no matter your weight and you can worry about your muscle after you drop some weight.
>>
5 SCOOPS 6 TIMES A DAY

DOWN IT SON

TIME TO LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.