[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Why Is The Entire Fitness Community Vegetarian Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 18

File: 1445146993957.jpg (87KB, 383x598px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445146993957.jpg
87KB, 383x598px
I stopped following fitness personalities and I recently come back to find EVERYONE is vegan now. Did V Gains brainwash everyone? Wtf is going on?
>>
BEEF
>>
>>35177982
Turn off the YouTube son
>>
>>35178002
WHAT A RELIEF
>>
>>35178019
WHEN WILL THIS POISONOUS
>>
>>35177982
BREHS
>>
>>35178060
PRODUCT
>>
>>35177982
It's better for you, and the environment. and people who actually care enough will research and come to that conclusion.

inb4 "hurr durrr im so manly im gonna eat 3 extra pounds of meat per day now"
>>
>>35177982
It's the current fad. There was gluten free, eating every 3 hours for "stoking the metabolic fires", potatoes are bad for you.

Literally any random fitness or nutrition fad you can think of. Going vegan or vegetarian is just the new gluten free/crossfit
>>
>>35178004
>Turn off the YouTube
and /fit/, apparently
>>
>>35177982
More meat for us then

Shame about the bacteria in it that couldn't be killed with heat.
>>
>>35177982
i agree it's fucking retarded
>>
>>35178109
CEASE
>>
>>35178144
How is it better for the environment?
>>
it makes the person look socially conscious as well as physically fit like it's another notch in the ego belt.
>>
>>35178369
It makes the person look liking a pretentious faggot who will ruining any social setting with his "dietary requirements"
>>
Vegetarian here.

I think you're wrong. The vegan trend is what's in, not vegetarian.
>>
>>35177982
we're all retards
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 480x633px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 480x633px
>>
>>35178497
That's what he said. He literally said that. Are you fucking stupid? Can you not read? Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>35177982
I would tear that Yoko Ono looking bitch's ass apart.
>>
>>35178603
kek
>>
>>35177982
le trendy flavor of the month.

like how a few years back everyone went on atkins diet for a few months until it wasnt trendy anymore and then they dropped it
>>
>>35177982
Monies. It's trendy right now.
>>
>>35178365
It isn't. Maybe it woudl be if most people were vegetarian. But then again we would have to increase farmland area to compensate, use more fertilizers and in the end the net gain of environmental friendliness could become even negative, lol (not to mention the costs of treating mental diseases of all those wannabe vegans that won't supplement certain things that they;'re supposed to)
>>
File: 1435641326433.jpg (116KB, 530x742px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435641326433.jpg
116KB, 530x742px
>>35177982
I'm not sure, I follow a pescetarian diet for health reasons, and because I fucking love seafood. The health benefits are immense.

>inb4 MUH MERCURY

Eat apex predators sparingly. It's that easy. I eat a fuckton of sardines, shrimp, tilapia, light tuna, and salmon. I eat a nice ahi tuna or swordfish steak once or twice a month.

Seafood, legumes, vegetables, fruit, OATZ, and dairy = god tier diet.

Veganism is for fags, it's just the most recent trend for self-obsessed college kids.

Pescetarianism is objectively the healthiest diet on the planet. So much lean protein and omega-3s.
>>
>>35178365
Only 10% of the energy is transferred from one trophic level to the other. So to eat 100 cal of chicken it has to eat 1000 cal of grain. That said I love meat and can't go completely vegan but try to limit myself to vegetarian with maybe one meal with meat.
>>
>>35177982
I assume they're bandwagoning, but lying. Like how they say they"re natty, but have huge delts and have been training 12 months or whatever.

Besides, if they actually fool anybody, who cares? You keep eating meat, and reap the mad gains.
>>
>>35178711
What about animal products we use right now? Replacing them would cost a lot of energy too. It's not only leather and fur, but various substances.
>>
>>35178369
>physically fit
Unless you're on steroids or fat, veganism will make you into a skeleton.
>>
>>35178770

Tell us what we use cattle and chicken for that could rival their actual consumption (eggs and milk included).
>>
>>35178777

Alex Honnold and Scott Jurek are some of the fittest humans in the world. Guess their diet.
>>
>>35178780
stuff
u have google, use it "animal products used in chemistry, industry and shit". I did half of the work for you now. Do the other half. Fucking hippie, lazy vegan motherfucker.
>>
>>35178788
trenbolone, dianabol, testosterone and some bananas? What do I win?
>>
>>35178789

What a silly troll.
>>
>>35178793
>I was btfo so I'll call him troll
vegan logic right there
>>
>>35178791

These chemicals can't rival the meat market, friend.
>>
>>35177982
This is natural and good. As we learn more it is only natural that health conscious people embrace a vegan lifestyle. All gains are perfectly achievable through a plant based diet.

Vegan for over 5 years. Never felt better or was stronger.
>>
>>35178838
Post photos or gtfo
>>
It's just low fat dieting coming back in another package. Well, at least it's healthier than keto. Probably.
>>
Why do you guys get so butthurt over other people's personal lifestyle choices? People who eat meat take it so personally when someone announces they're vegetarian or vegan, like it's a direct attack on you that needs to be defended right now. There are so many militant fucktarded dieters out there with diets even worse than veganism, why get so universally buttupset about this one?
>>
>1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. (KJV)

I wish we lived back in the Middle Ages where vegetarians and vegans got beat up - officially because they were blasphemers, but we all know the endless chattering about their "new, hip diet, like, omg" was the reason.
>>
>>35178931
I checked out of curiosity. Your citation is from the old version, but the new one has the same message and it's amazing how well it describes what's happening now in the world.
Mention marriage on /fit/ and you'll be treated like a naive idiot. But this is result of all the laws that benefit women who decide to divorce.
Also vegans and muslims influence and lobbying prohibition of eating certain products is growing in strength.
>>
>>35179048
I mean the new version doesn't mention meat per se. I don't know the original text and how to translate it of course.
>>
>>35178685
Awarded for most stupid comment on /fit/ 2015
>>
>>35178353
Ebin
>>
People's reasons vary.
The ethical;
>Why do animals have to suffer so I can eat
The health
>Meat isn't actually all that healthy for you
The environmental
>Animal production takes up way more energy than producing the same amount of nutrition in plants
Personally I'm mostly in it for the environment.
You can Google it if you're too stupid to believe the environmental benefits of cutting down on meat. I started out with still eating meat for dinner three times a week, which I also think is totally allright
>>
>>35178909
Basically this, any time people find out you're a vegetarian they'll start this fucking argument, then later they will say you never shut up about being a vegetarian. They only find out when you go out to eat or something, but they never let it go from their when they see you eating.
>>
>>35178875
>le keto is bad maymay XDDDD
Please, kind sir, accept this gold for your efforts
>>
>>35178365
Animal Agriculture is the lead course for environmental damage.

Also the feed used to support the livestock could end world hunger if it was spread out to the people.

http://www.worldwatch.org/files/pdf/Livestock%20and%20Climate%20Change.pdf
>>
>>35179324
Nice argument, jackass.
>>
>>35179359

> The reality

vast majority of the world continues to eat meat, people are literally bandwagoning for views and attention on youtube, nothing has changed.

Carry on peasants.
>>
>>35178909
>>35179362
It would be cool if they didn't condemn meat eating at the same time. Which they do. Constantly. To the point of making meat eaters thinking you're nuts.
>>
Because there's money to be made shilling vegan fitness stuff
>>
>>35179405
>the x could end world hunger

I stop listening to anyone's arguments when they spout shit like this. If you give all the starving niggers in Africa cow feed they would proceed to shit out more children who would shit out even more children until all the cow feed was gone and we'd be back to square one but with an even larger population to look after.
>>
>>35179439
However in most cases where they condemn it, the meat eaters are the ones to bring it up, I've seen this happen repeatedly, any time people find out somebody is a vegetarian they start harassing them about it.
>>
>>35177982
>EVERYONE is vegan now.
>EVERYONE is very wealthy now and can choose where their protein comes from

One of the above is true.
>>
>>35177982
For the same reason it was all about IF for the last 5 years, then 6 meals a day 5 years before that. Same reason cars change models and clothes change evey season.

Keep changing the game so people will pay to update.
>>
>>35179471
Broccoli, beans and spinach are all a fuckton cheaper than meat.
>>
>>35179477
Yes and they also contain less protein and B12. Rich fucks buy supplements.
>>
>>35179511
I buy a bottle of B vitamins for €1, that contains 20 tablets, you're just one of those "only buy brand name" morons.
>>
>>35179462
Yes but if animal agriculture was gone, we would have so much more room to put people... would also have more room for vegetable farms... so we would be increasing the food out put.. are you doing any research here?
>>
Is there a genuine alternative for protein gains for this meal:

400g chicken
300g white fish

Is there a veg option which gives me the same macros as above, or will it be just filled with unecessary carbs?
>>
>>35177982
They may be claiming vegan for bandwagon wallet gains
>>
It's the latest /fit/ troll.

Vegan threads get spammed and replied to (by idiots) daily, so it gives the illusion of there being some massive movement towards veganism.
>>
>>35179470
Nah, not really. Most of the times there's some content about meat eating, then of course in the comments someone says that he's vegan and how it's cruel and unethical to kill animals.
>>
>>35179462
Two words

>Soylent Green

All problems solved
>>
>>35178004
>>35178210
only good advice itt
>>
>>35177982

I had a juicy steak, AND chicken breast yesterday, with a nice glass of red wine.

vegans can suck my dick. our teeth are like this for a reason, it's evolution. we arent meant to be faggot vegans.
>>
I know so many vegetarian women, if a dude says he's vegetarian I immediately see him as less masculine.

I don't even like that I do that, vegetarianism can do a lot to save our planet, reducing the bioindustry and all. I'm eating less and less meat as it is.
>>
I think veganism is retarded, but I have cut out red meats mostly. I only eat chicken, turkey and seafood, and even then my diet is mostly fruits and vegetables.
>>
>>35179811

I could never date a girl that doesnt like meat in her mouth.
>>
>>35179811

I tend to avoid beef because of how much water it uses.

However, I can't find a reliable source for water usage of different foods, since nearly every site is advocating veganism, yet I've also seen another source saying that it take 5x as much water to make 1lb of almonds as it does to make 1lb of eggs (chicken and almonds are about equal...allegedly).
>>
>>35179048
>>35179053
Yeah, you know, that's because the Bible is actually true, as boring as that sounds. Not even sarcastic.
>>
>>35179847
why would you cut out red meat?
>>
>>35179935

go kill yourself fagget, you'll be in a better place
>>
red meat is filled with protein, essential vitamins, and has no carbs and good fats

how could you not like meat?
>>
>>35179946
Saturated fat plus too much fat in general. If I need fat I'd rather get it from fish than beef. Plus I think salmon just tastes better than steak or pork.
>>
>>35179562
B-12 is very, very poorly absorbed in the stomach. It takes a perfect gut to even absorb 5%. You need shots if you are going vegetarian
>>
>>35178144

Die.

> If humans were not meant to eat meat, why do we produce elastase and collagenase, enzymes whose SOLE use is to digest animal connective tissues, both in our saliva and in our pancreas?

> If humans were not meant to eat meat, why does literally every (100%) society on earth do it? If veganism is the natural default, why are there no vegan societies?

> If veganism is so great and allows you to feed more people with less land with zero downsides, why hasn't a vegan country completely dominated the world via population growth? They should be able to breed us out just by being able to produce more healthy people per acre.

> Veganism is fucking stupid and I hope each and every single vegan shill on this board dies in a car accident.
>>
Just pretend to be vegan and get easy money

I've gotten 5k followers on my ig page alone just by adding vegan too my about me and tagging it in my food pics
>>
>>35179993
D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H
>>
>>35179963
>Saturated fat is bad
>2015
top kek
>>
>>35179951
Why so mad, pagan scum?
>>
>>35179869
>I tend to avoid beef because of how much water it uses
Jesus Christ. How pathetic can you be
>>
>>35179869
>I tend to avoid beef because of how much water it uses.
I bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>35177982
My english teacher(inb4 underage im 19) is vegan and talks how good it is

how cows gas is bad for the planet(what?) and how mnany studies prove its healthier


jesus christ I hate vegans so much
>>
>>35179656
>spouts a flawed heuristic argument
>thinks he did research

Also,
>le stop world hunger meme
That's only true if you start eating the shit-tier food we feed to animals. If you want to "stop world hunger" (kek at your symplectic view of the world), start by eating grains we feed to cow and tell me if you would ship this to africa/asia
Senpai X----DDD
>>
>>35178711
>>35179405
>grain has the same nutritional value as meat

THIS FUCKING COMPARISON EVERY TIME
>>
>>35180128
>Cows can turn carbs in proteins
>We can't
I'll let you figure out where you went retarded.
>>
>>35179988
I'm anti vegan, but your arguments are fallacious.
For your 1st argument, if everyone on earth starts eating 0.5lb of coal everyday, in 500 years we will have developed biological ways to process coal faster and maybe even to use it in our organism. Doesn't mean we were meant to eat it.

You can argue over "meaning" only if you believe in some god who made us for a purpose. And if you do, you should read your holy book for answers.

Basically your argument is backward darwinism.
A darwinist argument would be "it makes sense that guys are attracted to big hips, because it's a sign of high estrogen which leads to fertility which leads to evolutionary success"
But your argument is (in this example) "girls were meant to have big hips, because men qre attracted to them".
You mix cause and consequence, I believe.

2nd argument : it's because it's a directly accessible source of nutrients. And we all come from a few common ancesters, so all societies have the ability to digest meat (look it up, humanity fell to a population of 500ish, once), they didn't have to develop this ability each in their corner of the globe.

3rd argument
>if lifting is so great, why hasn't a lifting country dominated the world?

>Veganism is fucking stupid and I hope each and every single vegan shill on this board dies in a car accident.
yes.
>>
File: m8.png (81KB, 624x628px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
m8.png
81KB, 624x628px
>>35178603
>>
>>35180152
>implying I give a fuck what actual food each species of animal feed on
>implying I didn't use the first cattle I thought of
>implying my argument doesn't still stand
>implying you didn't answer to the small detail in my post instead of the general argument

Anen blease
>>
>>35180209
>Implying I'm even the anon you're replying to
>What is original poster count
You're an idiot.
>>
>>35180190
I think he meant that since we got those adaptations for meat eating we should eat meat. Since we have opposing thumbs we shouldn't use them, do you get it?
>>
>>35180225
But my answer in >>35180209 didn't have anything to do with the the first post I responded to, everything I said still stands and is correct even though I replied to 2 different people.
So what's your point? Can't think of any substantial come back so you jump on the first thing you think of?

Well I'm out, gf is calling me, It's steak&bj tuesday
>implying
>>
>>35179993
And that's probably what most fitness personas do. There's no way to prove them they're serious about vegetarianism.
>>
>>35180287
I get what you say, but this kind of reasoning means that we can't change the path we (humanity as a whole) are on. That's a fatalistic view I think.
>>
>>35177982
I've been doing a more vegetarian thing. Limiting my meat intake a lot more. Health and cost reasons mostly. That being said I just ate a can of tuna and had lasagna for dinner last night so I'm still trying to implement this better
>>
>>35180190
>explain how he doesn't understand Darwin process
>Literally males the sense mistake in the above paragraph
Kek
>>
>>35180190

>if lifting is so great, why hasn't a lifting country dominated the world?

Words strongest countries have major training programs for their warriors to make them stronger... Dumb fucking vegans.
>>
>>35180336
>doesn't understand Darwin process
mate, the majority on here are Ameritards
Most Ameritards don't believe in Darwins theory. That goes for senior surgeons, lawyers etc. It's quite scary really
>>
>>35178144
Kill yourself
>>
Because you'll be healthier, avoid that cancer risk and also, you know, the suffering of animals is shitty

It's also pretty cheap now, go for being a lacto-ovo pescetarian lifestyle.
>>
let faggots be vegans all they want

I love my steak and chicken breast.
>>
>>35180447
Most? You really believe this?

Fucking vegan Europers getting weaker while 5th century Muslims fuck their women.
>>
>>35180432
Most military training is literally just cardio and bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>35178708
Y E S
>>
>>35180447
>Most Ameritards don't
half
>>
>watching Babrell Brigade life with lou yesterday and saw his breakfast being as big as what I eat in the whole day
>search for 'lifting diet' 'day of a lifter diet' and similar
>VEGAN VEGAN hurr durr VEGAN COUPLE :) :) :) VEGAN LIFTER :) :) :)
Fuck this shit senpai
>>
>>35179988
>>35180190
Veganism has 0 negative consequences itself, and is proven to be healthier. Why would you let something that has no impact on you whatsoever bother you? Don't wanna be vegan? don't do it then. Quit being little fucking babies.
>>
>>35178685
jesus fucking christ, these people live among us
>>
>>35180631
b 1 2
1
2
>>
>>35179477
Not really when you consider you need to eat a metric fuckton of it
>>
>>35178711
>eating grass feed livestock

Virtually every argument for veganism or vegetarianism is only an argument against factory farming. Normally raised livestock (pastured and fed scraps) are objectively a net positive for the world and turns otherwise nonarable land into food.
>>
>>35177982
Damn those chicks have some fat asses.
Names?
>>
>>35180677
wild caught fish, grass fed beef, pastured eggs, unpasteurized grass fed whole milk, that's just some of what vegans are missing out on
>>
>>35177982

>anything diet other than just eating non fastfood shit and soda. Eating veggies, fruits, meats and some fats


meme diets
>>
>>35180705
>limiting you fat intake
>calling other peoples diets memes
>>
>>35177982
If your diet requires supplement pills, its not a real diet
>>
>>35180698
And the best part is that they btfo of any environmental or health arguments from vegans, and most of the moral ones too. I actually agree with vegans that the current way most of our meat and animal products are made is shit, but saying that the only way to oppose factory farming is through a kuck diet is hilariously stupid.
>>
>>35180012
>2015
>thinking all fat is good fat
>probably thinks theres no difference between protein sources
toppest kek
>>
>>35180782
you realize the whole saturated fat meme is about as grounded in reality as the dietary cholesterol meme right?
>>
>>35180190
thats not how evolution works you fucking mong.

if we all start jumping off buildings it doesnt mean we'll be better at it in 500 years or learn how to fly.

the fact that we have those enzymes shows that those who were born with those enzymes had improved survivability and therefore more likely to reproduce/pass on the genes, i.e. it was a beneficial trait. in other words, being able to digest meat was an advantage.

besides that, the point is since we have those enzymes, any argument that we WERENT designed to eat meat are moot - which is a vegetarian go-to argument.
>>
>>35180846
you do realise sat fats it not the same as dietary cholesterol, right?
>>
>>35180884
same misinformed idiots still think either is bad for you
>>
File: 1448400410257.gif (2MB, 413x293px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448400410257.gif
2MB, 413x293px
>tfw living in germany
>there's farms everywhere
>almost all of them are Bio
>there's one where the farm animals actually get to live their whole lifespan
>cows can milk themselves with an automatic device
>no eggs during the winter
>no poison on your vegetables

No need for your shit diets. There's nothing wrong with eating meat. There's nothing wrong with having eggs or other animal products in your diet either. If you actually care about these animals buy your meat from your local farmers instead of pissing everyone off with your vegan/vegetarian bullshit.
>>
>>35178004

This. Youtube isn't *the* fucking "fitness community", it's a circlejerk of fraudulent, attention-whoring faggots.
>>
@35179988
Thanks, that's the only way I can die anyway :^)
>>
>>35180908
>reads one online article title saying dietary cholesterol is a meme
>thinks he understands the intricacies of triglyceride breakdown and the effects on the body
I know it's easier to put your thumb up your ass and pretend drinking hydrogenated fat is no different from eating unsaturated fats, or that getting all your carbs from white sugar will have no effect compared to eating complex carbohydrates, but use your fucking head and stop projecting your laziness onto other people who are looking for some legitimate advice.
>>
>>35180909
Having anything waved in your face and having someone say "I'm a better person because X" is annoying no matter what. How is veganism/vegetarianism "bullshit"?
>>
>>35180947
listen buddy, I don't know what the fuck any of that means, I had a heart attack in 2001 and my cardiologist put me on the diet I follow know. so I don't know what drinking fat means, but this diet has been the key to living my life without insulin. which I had been taking since 1986.
>>
>>35180304
well, you can always start walking on your head, no one will stop you. If everyone started doing that in 100 thousands years we could probably do that effectively, I guess. But if it's just you it's kind of pointless.
>>
>>35179324
>>35180632
Yep, I can see that B12 deficiency in the quality of your arguments, lol.
>>
>>35180993
literally what the fuck has that got anything to do with whats been said
>>
>>35178607
In the title it says vegetarian. It literally says that. Are you fucking stupid? Can you not read?
>>
>>35181055
you're right friend, you know better than my doctor. you also know that I eat table sugar and drink fat. Im the one that's taking this conversation off course, sure thing
>>
>>35180943
lol are you new here?
>>
>>35180190
You don't understand Darwin you retard.
>>
>>35180151
its dumb cause meat has zero nutritional value
>>
>>35181077
oh I'm sorry, did your doctor tell you

>lmao son dont worry about sat fats that just a meme eat all the takeout you want that'll help your diabetes and CHD

and you literally said in
>>35180993
>I don't know what the fuck any of that means
>my cardiologist put me on a diet
you're saying you have no idea what you're talking about and you follow a laid out plan - how is this an argument FOR your point. don't act like I'm the one off topic here.
>>
>>35181132
>meat has zero nutritional value
im done here
>>
>>35181144
>>35181077
maybe my reading comprehension is shit, but are you arguing over cholesterol or saturated fat or what? you think his doctor would put tell him to eat fast food? >>35180993 there's no way you're off insulin
>>
File: thats the joke.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thats the joke.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>35181132
>>
>>35177982

Because everything else/trend has run its course. Now its time to jump onto veg/vegan diets.

Its all bullshit.
>>
>>35180018
>>35180031

>ahaha can you believe dave cares about earth's resources? what a faggot!
>>
>>35181278
>earth's resources
you mean that thing that we'll never EVER run out of? The thing that's covering 67% of the Earth?
>>
>>35181314
>what is the difference between freshwater and saltwater
Yes desalination exists but it's much more costly and less efficient, a very small part of the global population actually drinks desalinated water primarily.
>>
So all these fitness youtubers are saying you should remove protein sources from your regular diet.

These fitness youtubers rely on sponsorship from supplement companies right, the same supplement companies that sell protein supplements.

Protein supplements many people will need to meet there protein needs on a vegan diet.
>>
>>35179053
>new version
Do you mean the neon bible?
>>
>>35181349
There's always processed soy and gluten products. And if you're just vegetarian, you can eat dairy or eggs.
>>
>>35178603
tippety kek
>>
>>35181227
its definitely your reading comprehension and slight autism
>>
>>35178708
I eat this too.
Sardines
Shrimp
Salmon
Quinoa
Beans

Feelin lookin smellin good every day
>as long as you brush teeth after eating sardines
>>
>>35179988
>>35180209
>>35180295
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>35177982
I understand some being vegetarian for muh environment (and would actually help the planet by just being vegetarian once a week, its really not that hard lol) but full fledged vegan is ridiculous. I feel like its more of a vanity issue than anything else.
>>
Veganism is a code of ethics and morals that just happens to naturally have a diet attached to it, not the other way around even though that's why most people get into it or start from.

While veganism and/or cutting out more animal products in people's diets are "trendy" for the past couple of years now, the lifestyle has been around for ages, it isn't anything new at all. The only things that are really new with it is the research done on it, food and medicinal products, and the Internet spreading the message more quickly.

While places like /fit/, /ck/, among just about every other fitness, health, and bodybuilding sites have never been in support of this lifestyle it's slowly starting to become more of the norm as more people make the switch.

And like I stated before, because veganism is a code of ethics and morals, the diet varries widely, you have high carb-low fat, raw foods, juicing and "detox", keto, high fat-high protein, primarily greens, primarily fruits, whole foods, soylent, the differences go on and on. Because of this, especially for those who get into it for ethics and morals, their diets are likely to be different because most people have different dietary and taste preferences. Thus resulting in what works for them, what they enjoy, and in turn what they advocate.

Now while it is great to finally see some discussion (albeit typically rude and baseless) about veganism in places like these you shouldn't mesh all vegans together when talking about food, it simply isn't accurate for the community as a whole because there are right ways to do it, and very wrong ways just as any diet. Even more so on this site, considering it's all anonymous, you have 20 different people touting different lines of information ranging from the experienced to just starting.

If places like /fit/ truly want to talk about the logistics and the "why" about veganism then you should approach with an open mind and suppressed ego and expectations
>>
>why are people opting to be decent human beings?
>>
>>35181591
The problem with that is that it doesnt matter what you 'enjoy' if you're trying to persuade others into following you blindly. Unless you 'plan' on being sedentary then it's just not a smart decision, which we know you're not planning on being sedentary being on a fitness board.

Problems of insufficient amino acid profiles, debilitating lipid levels as well the good probabilty of eating in a severe deficit are just a few of the blatant problems amongst most of those vegetarian, vegan whatever fad diets - some of which are FATAL. Should people calmly discuss both sides even though what you want to do will literally kill you? (and no, its not just my 'opinion' that a juice detox can kill you)

Yes, if it's YOUR personal moral standing even with the knowledge of its downfalls, and you don't plan on encouraging others to follow you whilst knowing these downfalls, then have at it. No one cares. But the fact that these people are encouraging a health-risk lifestyle with no understanding of what it entails just shows carelessness and ignorance of others livelihood and they should have no say in the matter.

Voice your opinions on your morals should the conversation come up. Do NOT pretend it's just as good as a holistic diet or one of the more scientifically backed diets out there and convince others it will make you healthier just because you've done it for year and you 'feel so fucking good' (i.e. Freelee the banana autist)
>>
>>35181066
>EVERYONE is vegan now. Did V Gains brainwash everyone?
>EVERYONE is vegan now. Did V Gains brainwash everyone?
>EVERYONE is vegan now. Did V Gains brainwash everyone?

It's like you live to suck cocks and be retarded.
>>
>>35179511
Actually veg contains more protein per calorie than meat. You just have to eat a lot of it because veg is so low cal.
>>
>>35179811
>not capitalizing on the insane pussy gains that opens you up to
>>
>>35181700
Personally I don't "plan" on anyone following blindly, but instead showing them that this lifestyle is not only sustainable, but healthy and inexpensive, sedentary or not.

Amino acids, lipids, and deficiencies are not exclusive to plant based diets. All of those are a non issue with proper foods.

But I agree, having a diet with those factors can indeed be fatal, but it has little to do with a plant based diet other than that most people simply don't eat enough as a whole.

Juicing and water fasting as they are usually correlated together for "cleansing" and "detox" can indeed kill you or cause detrimental effects. I don't condone either for this very reason.

I would say every diet has it's downfalls, yet the ones with veganism are more misinformation and broscience, along with snake oil salesmen, but the diet itself is not an issue, even though it's often the focus.

I wouldn't plan on promoting something if it wasn't beneficial and/or helpful, which is why I do try and help others who are interested in this lifestyle, because it can be great but again there's so many different arrays of a plant based diet so I feel it's important to help rather than just let it be.

It is backed however, I've been doing it for nearly a decade and I do feel great. While Freelee is pretty egocentric she has helped a lot of people make the jump towards a more ethical and environmentally sound lifestyle, outside of that I wouldn't look too far into her antics. There are much better examples of vegans in the media other than Freelee and Durianrider, you just have to look.
>>
>>35181908
>plant based diets

I don't get this, why do you call a vegan diet a plant based diet. Any diet with greater than 50% intake of plants is a plant based diet, which is 99% of diets.

It annoys me and I don't know why! So fuck you!
>>
Because when you forgo the ethics or veganism it's called plant based since a lot of people who switch to "vegan diets" often still buy leather, wool, etc. When it's just soley about the food, that's why and when it's called plant based.

Hah but I can see why that would be frustrating, no worries.
>>
>>35182033
Meant for
>>35182096
>>
Such is life in the modern US of America.

Your whole nowadays culture is built around superficial attention whoring.
>>
>>35178148
>tfw celiac for 6 years now
I wouldn't eat gluten free unless I absolutely had to like in my case
>>
>>35177982
>MFW that girl goes to Sac State.
>mfw I live 1 mile from campus.

What do? Buy stalker shoes?
>>
>>35182096
So then it's vegetarian
>>
>>35181353
I meant the modern translation.
>>
>>35182175
Van with tinted windows senpai
>>
>>35182618
Vegetarian is simply choosing not to consume flesh, while still consuming dairy, and sometimes eggs and fish depending on who you ask. Plant based and/or vegan diets choose not to consume any animal products at all.
>>
Who else is a pescetarian master race here?
>>
>>35182682
You have pesco, lacto, ovo, some combination of the former or just straight up vegetarian. That's what I've always thought.

Even so it shouldn't be called "plant based", I consider my diet plant based since animal products only make up about 20% of it.

Should be called "Plants only obviously diet" or "POO Diet" for short.
>>
BREHS WHO IS THE SEMEN DEMON ON THE LEFT
>>
>>35179988
Asking the right questions here laddie, but your target audience is somewhat shite
>>
>>35177982

>Wtf is going on?

Supp companies figured out veganity is a more lucrative market.
>>
File: steelnips.jpg (16KB, 230x230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
steelnips.jpg
16KB, 230x230px
>>35179405

>believing in AGW
>>
File: image.jpg (300KB, 662x858px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 662x858px
>>35183494
This
>>
File: 1449082897082.gif (2MB, 219x186px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449082897082.gif
2MB, 219x186px
>>35183684
>hypermasculinity

7/10
You almost had me nigga.
>>
>>35183494
It's the new rage goy! He He
>>
ITT: Butthurt meat eaters
>>
Asian girls with ass are the holy grail of grills
>>
>>35177982
>Average vegan lifter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOmWQrThrJU

Better have a vasectomy guys, raising a vegan family costs $750 a day!

Even having one kid will cost you 55k a year on veganism!
>>
>>35177982
For gains.
>>
>>35178711
But... If you look at how much room it takes to farm soy/plants vs animals being vegetarian is very inefficient since it forces removal of environment.

Unless you compare to free range farm animals, even then it's a relatively equal ratio.

Being vegan/vegetarian for ethical reasons doesn't make sense. If it's truly the moral standpoint your looking for, support the farmers that treat there animals right.
>>
>>35180447
I haven't had a chance to fact check what you just said, but I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt. With that said, how the fuck is that scary???? If I have to get brain surgery and my surgeon is the best in the state with thousands of surgeries under his experience belt, why the fuck would I care if he believes in Darwinism or not??? Fucking vegans man, bringing up evolution as they go against it
>>
>>35183684
Not inaccurate
>>
>>35183684
why the fuck are you here then you lying fat sack of worthless shit
>>
The entire fitness "community" is a fucking joke joke that relies on fads to sell you shit.

You can single handedly blame the green man for this.

His Youtube channel got to over 100k subs in less than 8 months. He was averaging an almost 1:1 ratio of subs to viewers per video for a while, which equals a lot of money.

Now, of course that is entirely due to drama and call outs, but it didn't stop every other broscience retard from

I'm just happy that we're finally coming out the the retarded IIFYM fad, where everyone was eating Chipotle for every meal and ice cream for breakfast.

Give it another year or so and this will be gone and another fad will replace it.
>>
>>35183684
/fit/ died the day quad left, now all that is left is fat hate threads and fit girl threads. Also why are you here if you hate it so much?
>>
>>35183684

>If you want to get (Insert board topic), then don't go to (Insert 4chan board)

Congrats on your epiphany
>>
>>35184129
Yeah if you shop at wholefood... just grow a garden.
>>
>>35185053
>Refer above
Agreed, I wonder if camb still comes here.
>>
>>35180698
>>35180775
>go to university
>get into argument about eating meat with classmates
>veggie fags complain about me eating meat because it's animal cruelty
>agree and tell them I raise all my own meat, free range, and cages only at night to keep the predators out.
>veggie fags still complain about me eating meat and try to convert me
>tell them no
>can't win

bonus
>tell them I own guns and hunt regularly
>show them pictures of me with my AK103 ready to go hunting
>now known as that guy who is a animal killing gun toting psychopath.

god I hate taking non-engineering classes.
>>
>>35185373
why would you talk to liberals? You must still be young.. but by college age you should have figured out that they were lost causes.
>>
File: drinking wojak.png (15KB, 120x120px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
drinking wojak.png
15KB, 120x120px
>>35177982
The girl on the left will never sit on my lap what is the point in living
>>
>>35185373
gods work anon
>>
>>35185446
she's a sorority chick. You can bet the president of "X" fraternity banged her and passed her on.
>>
>>35185419

Is poor form to get on the Internet just to troll people. You should just leave and let us stay here to torture animals and fuck our kidneys up desu senpai
>>
>>35177982
They needed a new lie to hide they're actually roiding now that people started to do what they claimed to do, counting macros, sleeping cycles etc.

If you follow the history of fitness and BB personalities you'll see they will be claiming to be doing some things that general public would consider bothersome and won't do in order to hide they're actually juicing to extreme and thus not natty.

They used to say oh but I count my macros and sleep well and lift heavy etc. now that people are doing those and still not look remotely like they do they need a new lie, which is oh but I'm vegan.
>>
>>35185373

Remind them that unless they grow, and personally harvest all the food that they eat, they're responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of field animals that get chewed up in the farm equipment used to grow their vegetables.
>>
>>35185406
>23, about to graduate
>engineering university recently got absorbed into a liberal arts college
>they've added more classes for us to take and lengthened the time it'll take to graduate by at least a full 2 semesters.
>tuition costs have gone up by 2k just because
>have to take humanities and ethics classes that talk about women's rights, the plight of the oppressed black man, and how not to rape someone or die from alcohol poisoning.

I also kinda have to network and talk to qt's. sucks, but I've fought the university so much I might have memorized the student handbook and all the rules and regulations by now.

>>35185419
>You "can't win" because you're attempting to rationalize and excuse animal cruelty.
>muh STEM
>humanities and librul arts are useless xDDDDD
You sound just like them, so I'll tell you exactly what I told them.

>I ain't gonna convert to your cult veganism, and your insults are trivial and demean your argument.
>>
>>35185419
>
I reiterate: /fit/'s pathological obsession with protein is both a detriment to one's health and, in the case of meat-based proteins, indirectly causes animal cruelty and global warming. Eating that much protein is simply untenable.

Cry me a river, I really don't care.
>>
>>35185503
I'd rather just be the guy who's 5 years older than them, and regarded as a psychopath than have to spend another minute listening to their idiocy.
>>
whatever the hodge twins do is just a passing trend

FASTING TWINS

now they're vegetarian
>>
>>35184279
Taking the life of an animal is not treating an animal right. Cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>35179935

>bible
>true

>'prove it'
>he can't
>>
>>35185516
What University is that? I want to make sure to tell people not to attend. May be good engineering program but that is a dirty trick they pulled on you. Almost sounds criminal.
>>
>>35185625
>Seeing as you don't care about your health

Protein poisoning only occurs in those with fucked up kidneys in the first place. There is evidence that higher protein intakes above .83g/lb will help with gains, depending on how lean you are.

http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20

Also that is pretty rich coming from someone who hasn't posted any evidence to back up what he's saying. Go away.
>>
>>35185687
>>35185625

Whoops forgot to post this

>While protein restriction may be appropriate for treatment of existing kidney disease, we find no significant evidence for a detrimental effect of high protein intakes on kidney function in healthy persons after centuries of a high protein Western diet.
http://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-2-25
>>
>>35185625
>you don't deserve the respect I'd give to someone who was actually informed.
that's perfectly alright. I don't deserve respect, I work to earn it. your respect isn't worth my time.

>>35185657
Kennesaw State University. I don't even get to get the old name of the school I went to on my diploma when I graduate.
>>
>>35185762

>Everyone in here is cIuesIess

This guy pretty much sums it up


>>35185697

>>35185697
>>
>>35186054
>Again, you don't actually have a response to my arguments

>Arguing

>With cIuesIess dyeIs

How sad of (you)
>>
File: 1324676517001.png (4KB, 300x163px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1324676517001.png
4KB, 300x163px
>>35186094
shhh, it's like watching a jester in the king's court. it's sad, but mildly entertaining.
>>
>>35186142
>dudebro
>unironically

Your fedora, has it been tipped yet?
>>
>>35177982
you wanna hear something funny nigger?
every bodybuilder gone vegetarian/ vegan (including vegan gainz) built their physiques on meat.
once they achieved their goal phsique, they now have the luxury to save the "precious" lives of animals, show their audiences how righteous they are, and gain/ maintain slowly through a vegetarian/ vegan diet.
>>
>>35186009
>http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

The guy here is recommending twice what you originally stated here >>35185419 "0.82g/kg ... 0.37–0.65g/kg".

compared to .64 to .84 per POUND

The closer you get to 10% bf the higher your protein needs, I'm gonna take my diet advice from Eric Holms and Alan Aragon; not bayesianbodybuilding.com I've never even heard of them.

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15558517

"there are no clear renal-related contraindications to HP diets in individuals with healthy kidney function"

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3602135/

An increase in protein caused an increase in estimated glomerular filtration rate, no fucking shit batman that's how kidneys work!

I'm going to bed, if I get kidney failure I will be sure to let you know so you can say "I told you so"

Good night
>>
>>35185582
Depends on how it's treated. If it's raised safely and fed and has breeding partners(all essential to a farm doing successfully), then killed off at adulthood I would argue that it's more humane than chancing it's life to predators and the extreme climates out in the wilderness.

I understand there is lots of media hype that farms treat animals like shit and kill them slowly. Thus is generally worst case scenario and even then I personally think it's just the equivalent to wilderness life. Being ripped apart by predators and every day suffering from starvation.

Worst case vs worst case.
>>
>>35179988
Honestly, this is fucking stupid and just shows how prevalent ignorance surrounding veganism is in the fitness industry.

VEGANISM provides people who don't want to eat meat or animal byproducts, either for moral or health reasons, an alternative.

The only reason why humanity hasn't ditched meat is because of TRADITION, TASTE and SELFISHNESS.
>>
>>35186328
>7 words triggered you to post a paragraph

>/fit/ - Autists getting troIIed
>>
>>35186401
They are called arguments. Ones that you can't fight so you try to dismiss them.

Farms only succeed when they have great profits- That can only happen when their livestock are huge (fed all the time), they have lots of livestock (from breeding) and obviously protected.

If you don't understand this basic principle of how to maximize gains maybe you shouldn't be on fit, maybe try r9k or killing yourself. (Lol)
>>
>>35185485
>not a child
>watches cartoons
>>
I'm bulking vegetarian and making the cleanest gains I've seen in a while.
>>
>>35178909
How do you tell that someone iis vegan?
Don't worry, they'll fkn tell you about iit
>>
File: image.jpg (742KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
742KB, 1024x768px
>>35177982
ITT:
>Fit and 4chan is dumb, but I, being above everyone else, left this shithole behind
>Proceeds to write about 5 pages content arguing about muh humanities with fitness enthusiasts
>>
>>35185573
i really can see them going vegan. most people who went vegetarian because of ethics, will go vegan
>>
>>35185625
Wow, you truly are an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>35179759

>Soylent Green

nice meme
>>
If your a true lifter who watches what they eat, whether you eat meat or vegetables shouldnt matter, your only concerns is macros. If you cant get similar macros on a veg diet, then your a royal autist who doesnt know how to use google or add numbers together.

Veganism requires god tier nutrition planning, since youd have to look at Micros as well. (most people dont giv a fuck about this usually) - Intake of B12, Iron, Calcium, Etc.

As for people complaining about Vegan / Veg phaggots taking over, it really shouldnt matter in the perspective of a lifter. As long as your macros / micros are met, you can eat whatever the fuck you want to eat. Posted this a few times before but ->

Natty gym brah with no nutrition plan -> should eat meat (since it has all micros)

Natty gym brah with good nutrition plan + disipline ->
should consider going veg (if you like the idea)

Natty gym brah with god tier nutrition + ridiculous discipline -> veganism.

As for arguments for / against, to each their own. Stop gettin salty. I'm a transitioning veg -> vegan, i dont really give a fuck about what you eat. Just go train and stop whining.
>>
why vegans still be wearing shoes with rubber and leather on them?
>>
>>35187670
>Natty gym brah with no nutrition plan -> should eat meat (since it has all micros)

>Natty gym brah with good nutrition plan + disipline -> should eat meat

>Natty gym brah with god tier nutrition + ridiculous discipline -> should eat meat

Fix'd.
>>
>>35187745
You could easily just google "vegan shoes" you know.
>>
It's the hot shit now, its contrversial and attracts viewers
That's literally it
>>
>>35179359
not eating the meat will not un kill the anima. not eating meat because of moral inclinations is beyond retarded. the whole veganism movement is retarded, if we were to in copereate veganism say goodbye to a good amount of medical advancements. l
>>
>>35177982
Part ot the kucking of modern man
>>
Anyone here see Cowspiracy?
>>
>>35188684
Anyone here not waste their time with shit like that?

>Steak dinner here
>>
>>35179511
>>35179562
>>35179969
you guys are fooled...
my education includes physiology and in my book it literally says that in a normal functioning body vitamin b12 is produced abundantly.

that's right our body produces vitamin b12. but why not go full veg for 1 month? if you feel better it must be healthier right?
>>
>>35188689
You obviously don't give a shit about the future of our planet
>>
>>35181349
thing is it's all whey protein they're selling because it's a cheap as fuck waste product of dairy.

vegans don't consume dairy.
>>
>>35188703
no i don't? Why would I?lol I care about my life when i'm dead I'm dead nothing else matters.
>>
Is being vegan a bad idea for health? I really don't care about getting huge but I want to be healthy. The thought of eating animals makes me sad though as I have a pet dog.
>>
>>35188770
Yes a ballanced vegan diet is the healthiest diet.
>>
>>35177982

Because it's the most logical option. Grow up.
>>
>>35189120
>Grow up
>Vegan is logical option


catch a load of this faggot....kek
>>
>>35188769
This. When it happens, that's gonna be one sexy, fit meat eater's body there. People will look at pictures throughout the years and regret eating nothing but grass.
>>
>>35189120
>Grow up
>lmpIying peopIe eating meat aren't the most civiIized on the pIanet

l've never taken a woman out for a $300 dinner in the city where we get pIates of fucking broccoIi. No one does.

WeIcome to society, where you being a faggot and a grass eater are both the unimpactfuI minority.
>>
>>35179436
>the reality

important people is becoming ovolactovegetarian (hodge twns), partially vegan(latsbrah) or full vegan(Jeff Seid), or at least are talking about the issue of reducing meat consuption(Arnold) soon other people who follow these leaders are going to adopt their lifestyle, which will make the industry move to supply this new vegan wave of people who went vegan for whatever reason, there will be vegan restaurants, more vegan foods on markets and the world will become a better place.

The imbeciles who keep thinking that eating meat is "manly" will be ostracized from society.
>>
>>35190993
>more vegan foods

As a meat eater I'm actually kinda for this. If they can bring out decent meat substitutes in the UK that are as cheap as meat, I would make the switch.
>>
we are omnivores, and if you don't understand that then you are whats wrong with the world.
>>
>>35190993
>important people
>You Iist none

Again, meat eating has onIy grown. Can't beat the numbers in saIes.
>>
>>35181066
No, the other guy's right, man. OP was pretty clearly talking about veganism...
>>
>>35190993
>important people
>Joff Sides

Hearty fucking kek.
>>
>>35190993
>important people

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Do the two vegan shills we have actually think we believe it when they pretend to be somebody else like this? It's transparent as fuck.
>>
>>35177982

Its just a fad diet. It will die down in a couple of months when everyones gains have completely stagnated and they all realize that they have been acting like women in heat ever since they switched to the diet.
>>
>>35185373
>killing living things for pleasure isn't psychopathic
>>
>>35193728
It really isn't
>>
My ability to get inexpensive protein depends to a large extent on other people choosing not to eat meat. So I encourage vegetarianism or lower meat consumption from both a selfish and a socially conscious point of view.

But, I believe I am happier and healthier eating meat so I'll continue to do it even if it isn't a viable option for everyone on the planet. I'm a privileged westerner and I can and will eat the best diet possible, and that includes a lot of meat.
>>
>>35194824
>>>/pol/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>35190993
>important people is becoming

Stopped there. lf you want some credibiIity at Ieast know how to speak/type.
>>
>>35192372
>tfw they think they're going to get everyone to convert to 30 banans and 50 broccoIis instead of chicken cutIets and steaks

IiteraIIy never going to happen
>>
>>35178148
>way of life
>fad
erm no

we were on your side of the fence senpai.
>>
>>35179988
>only herbivores get a build up of plaque in nature
> except humans...we are above science

lol
>>
>>35180929
I always cringe when any of them say "you tube fitness community"
>>
Because people are starting to be more aware of the information out there explaining how animal agriculture is literally fucking up our planet more than anything else.

I guess some of them are trying to increase their lifespan too probably. And some don't want to cause unnecessary suffering.

Watch Cowspiracy, OP.
>>
>>35178603
gang rape goodnight
>>
The entire health industry is controlled by vegetarians and it always has, look up the Lipid Hypothesis
>>
>>35193728
>killing living things for pleasure isn't psychopathic

>thinking everyone hunts for trophies
>not to stock up on cheap ground meat or sirloins for the entire year
>>
>>35197402
>Watch Cowspiracy, OP.
Oh boy people actually took that garbage seriously?
>>
not elliott hulse

http://elliotthulse.com/lazy-vegan-peer-pressure/
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 18


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.