[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are ab wheels a meme? Not this particular one, but in general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Ab Meme.jpg (96KB, 1500x893px) Image search: [Google]
Ab Meme.jpg
96KB, 1500x893px
Are ab wheels a meme? Not this particular one, but in general. This particular one seems like a guaranteed meme.

Are planks enough for an ab exercise?
>>
>>35174317
i bought that particular one and I like it a lot.
>>
>>35174317
They're stupid hard and highly effective.

Weighted planks maybe, not just regular planks to answer your other question.
>>
I did them for the first time yesterday and it was good. Pretty underrated if you ask me.
>>
Try them. Hard as fuark, try doing more than one full extension and back just on your toes. Be careful though. Some people's spines get aggravated from them.
>>
>>35174317
Actually they're pretty good if you use em to plank.
Just roll into a plank slowly, and once you hit your limit roll back slowly.
>>
just like any muscle, variety of exercises is the key to aesthetics.
Abs wheels are fine, and I'd recommend you to do 4 or more different abs stuff
>>
>>35174317
its hard as fuck, as someone who has like zero core, i can do like 1 tops, how do i improve. i feel like doing 1 a day is not gonna get me anywhere.
>>
>>35174356
Just do max reps every other day with other core stuff as well.
>>
>>35174356
are you donig them on your knees? do them on your knees.
>>
File: jealousy.jpg (196KB, 1024x821px) Image search: [Google]
jealousy.jpg
196KB, 1024x821px
>Doing ab wheels so long I do 35 at a time and barely feel it

What's the best way to maximize effectiveness from here? Ways to mix it up?
>>
>>35174409
milkybars and just screaming
>>
>>35174356
don't wheel out as far. Or wheel out slowly, then do not do the part where you wheel back in... just do the negatives. hold at the end for as long as you can like a plank
>>
whats you guys routine for ab wheel?

I do about 5x10 from the knees out, pause 1cm off the floor, then back in

do i need to switch it up?
>>
>>35174356
Start on your knees. See if you can roll all the way out and back. If not, set it up so you roll to a wall and back and gradually distance yourself from the wall. Then once you can do it from your knees, work on doing it from standing up. Easiest would be with a wooden board and doing full extension at high angles and working your way down to flat.
>>
you guys do a reverse ab wheel? like u put your feet on it and then have a go
>>
>>35174347
Thats exactly what an ab wheel rollout is you doofus
>>
>>35174409
Transition from knees to push up and then to standing. You can also use a wooden plank or some of inclined surface to do inclined/declined ab wheel
>>
>>35174409
Go til you can do it from standing
Then subject your abs to science to develop lighter, slimmer bulletresistant armor
>>
AB wheels are goat. The particular one in OP's pic is intended to make it easier for the uninitiated: it has a spring type device which makes it easier to come back up after extending. If you simply flip it, it will have the opposite effect and make it harder to lock out. Still not worth the extra cost imo, just use a band.
>>
Seems pretty effective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M
>>
I somehow injured my neck/back while doing it yesterday. Still can't use full ROM with my neck.
>>
I tried doing rollouts with a barbell and small weights, but it didn't feel as effective. Why not? Can someone explain why it would be different?
>>
I should be able to use an oly barbell with rubber 0.5pl8 instead of a wheel yeah?
>>
Does this build nice abss
I'm low bodyfat, do my compound lifts but I fear that 'don't do direct ab work brah they get enough activation through your compound lifts' is a meme sadly
>>
>>35176307
You obviously dont deadlift and squat heavy enough. I literally have a sixpack from those two alone.
>>
>>35175950

Yes. Using an ab wheel, all of your weight is balanced an concentrated on a much smaller area than when using a barbell. It's harder to balance and places more stress on your core than putting some plates on a barbell and rolling back and forth.
>>
Ok, you little fits. Riddle me this. I used to be able to do like unlimited situps in my teens. Now after a decade of inactivity I started training again and after a year I'm doing abroller, planks, pushups with a 30 kg vest for reps and handstand pushups(no vest). Swimming for cardio.I completely avoided situps because the wisdom /fit/ granted me.

Now I tried the us army fitness test for fun and maxed out the pushups in two mins easily. However I can barely do 50 situps within two mins, which is pretty shitty. Is it because my upper body got heavier or is it a flexibility/getting old thing? I thought my core is doing ok ..

6'3" 210lbs 18%
>>
>>35178147
Training specificity.

Do some sit-ups if you want to be good at sit-ups.

Also arm push strength plays zero part in the completion of a sit-up, so you could hold the world bench press record and not be able to knock out a hundy clean sit-ups.
>>
How do I make these not so fucking hard? I do a few of them and my fucking head hurts like I'm gonna pass out. It's not like I'm holding my breath or anything stupid
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.