[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have the people with acne tried showering less? It's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1280px-My_GF[1].jpg (180KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-My_GF[1].jpg
180KB, 1280x960px
Have the people with acne tried showering less?

It's the same idea as not using products on your hair so much, will make you produce less sebum after a while + gives you more healthy bacteria on your skin which protects you from diseases.

I bring this up cause they did a segment on it on german tv (and I'm a good little sheep) and I noticed I have showered maybe once a month in the past year and have almost perfect skin, not even blackheads or those white things near your eyelids like I used to have as a young adult

perhaps it's worth a try?
>>
Broscience much?
Don't believe all the shit you see on TV.
>>
File: 1433264714058.jpg (54KB, 419x368px) Image search: [Google]
1433264714058.jpg
54KB, 419x368px
>>35172369

>I have showered maybe once a month in the past year
>>
Don't fuck around with acne, just go see a dermatologist.

I messed around for 4 years, thinking each new moisturiser or supplement or whatever was going to be the magic cure.

Went to a derm, did a quick accutane cycle and my skin is better than ever, and all I do is splash my face in the shower and use a small amount of Eucerin moistuser.
>>
>>35172379
B-but a dermatologist said it

>>35172405
Next step: Taking adderal when your grades fall off? Taking E to beat social anxiety?
>>
Showing every day is good, and you should feel bad if you show less than 4 times a week.

However, you do not need to soap and shampoo every single day. Shampooing every single day can dry out and damage your hair, same goes for soaping and skin.

What I do is this: shower 6-7 times a week, shampoo 3, soap whole body 3, soap junk, feet and pits 6-7. I also keep a sponge or loofah to scrub away surface dirt/dead skin without drying my skin out with soap.

My acne dropped off hard when I started doing this.
>>
>>35172440
lmao you're a fucking mentalist
>>
>>35172440
These examples are shit.

Grades and social life can be fixed by studying/practicing. You can't "practice" your acne away.
>>
>>35172369
Chances are, you'll have acne AND stink. Congrats.

No, but seriously, I know so many people who very evidently shower very rarely and still have fucked up skin. I'd rather smell good.
>>
i dont think its worth it, it doesnt seem "natural" unlike all the other acne prevention fads. and no-poo, no gluten/dairy, fresh sheets and not touching their faces 247 remove acne for 99% of people anyway so i dont see the need for anything more.

sure you can try it but only in extreme cases id say. ive spent a few times 2-3 weeks without washing myself and it only felt like shit. switching to no-poo was way easier
>>
>>35172521
People don't smell bad from not showering, you smell bad from high stress or working at a sewage plant
>>
>>35172509
>Grades and social life can be fixed by studying/practicing.
Good joke
>>
File: 1444133049837.gif (711KB, 200x331px) Image search: [Google]
1444133049837.gif
711KB, 200x331px
>>35172440
>>35172592
Ew
>>
>>35172617
*yawn*

try again awkward teeniebopper
>>
File: 1442542212496.jpg (310KB, 530x533px) Image search: [Google]
1442542212496.jpg
310KB, 530x533px
>>35172592
>being this autistic
WEW LAD
H
Y

B
O
T
H
E
R
>>
>>35172664
he/you misinterpreted my analogy
>>
>>35172369
look up AO+ spray, same concept except they found a way to market showering less
>>
>>35172678
How were we supposed to interpet it then?

Social life/studying is nothing like an acne problem. One is fixed with chemical treatment, one is fixed with diligence.
>>
Are people taking "no shower" literally itt?

You can still wash your pits. Or face if your boyfriend came on it.

The problem is almost industrial levels of cleanliness which is nothing but another trend of decadent western society. Nazis showered once a week for example.
>>
>>35172739
i think the point of the thread in general is that you dont necessarily have to treat acne by ADDING something, you can treat it by removing instead. true of a lot of things, makes sense that it would be true of acne. acne, especially widespread and/or very severe acne, is not an ancient problem
>>
>>35172739
I thought you were being retarded on purpose so you can feel smart.

I was referring to taking shortcuts with shitty side effects. Expensive ones too)
>>
>>35172798
Not to mention that they are all overkill

risk/profit = shit for most people
>>
>>35172770
How do you not smell? My feet get the worst. And my taint/junk gets pretty gross after I lift.
>>
File: le job tvoju mat face.jpg (16KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
le job tvoju mat face.jpg
16KB, 200x192px
>>35172856
I don't lift
>>
>>35172856
I just thought of something. Every time I visit my family I do start to stink

This is imo just more proof that it's a high stress lifestyle that causes smell mostly. My family could never in2 tranquility. I'm constantly stressed out when I come to visit.

When I'm alone I don't smell.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.