[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been lifting semi-seriously for two and a half months /fit/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: today.jpg (590KB, 1175x2631px) Image search: [Google]
today.jpg
590KB, 1175x2631px
Been lifting semi-seriously for two and a half months /fit/. Do you see potential here or should I just an hero now?
>>
>>35171408
>semi-seriously for two and a half months

ask again in 3 years
>>
>>35171427
this. leave now and make some gains.
>>
>>35171444
>>35171427
But is there hope? Age 24.
>>
Bitch hips
>>
>>35171532
Just a shitty angle, the mirror is tilted.
>>
>>35171427
This. Fuck off and lift.
>>
>>35171604
What should I work on considering my current size?
>>
>>35171481
Of course there's hope. You're not dead, you're not in a wheelchair, you presumably don't have cancer. What the fuck do you want? A pat on the ass for your fantastic potential? Do you want us to fall on our knees and say "oh master, only two months, I could have sworn you were a pro bodybuilder, teach us your ways oh gifted one" followed by copious fellatio?

Yes, you have potential, but your stupid fucking attitude makes me question your actual likelihood of ever making it. You're a noob. Expect noob gains and plenty of mistakes along the way. You're not special enough to have your own thread. Bugger off, lift, and come back and give us something to critique. Right now it's like youre showing us a blank canvas and asking if you have the potential to be a great artist. DO SOMETHING.
>>
>>35171643
Biceps, triceps, quads, hams, calves, forearms, traps, lats, deltoids, abs, obliques, glutes, pectorals.
>>
>>35171692
breh
>>
>>35171692
I just wanted to know if I have the body type to actually get built and ripped, not like the hungry skeletons/ lanklets/ what have you I see in all these threads. I don't want to start pursuing this seriously if my body is going to look misformed after a couple of years of lifting,

>>35171709
Can I do bench press yet or should I build more muscle via dumbells first?
>>
>>35171755
Shut the fuck up, read the sticky, and get to work. You're not special. You're body isn't unique. You're just like everyone else trying to get fit. Either do it or don't.
>>
>>35171771
Why are you so angry anon?
>>
>>35171820
I'm not. Sometimes people just need a stern talking to and a firm kick in the ass is all. Tough love you know
>>
>>35171858
My father's love has been tought enough mate.
>>
>>35171692
Youre my hero. I'm saving this for future reference
>>
>>35171408

No, there's not hope and there's no potential.
>>
>>35171771
Thank you. perfectly summed up my feelings about OP
>>
Not OP here. But a begginner,How long until noob gains stop? Ive been increasing my lifts weekly
>>
>>35171958
Your noob gains stop when your training is steady but your muscle gains slow down. Noob gains come quick, but gains rate drops off really fucking fast
>>
>>35171755
>I don't want to start pursuing this seriously if my body is going to look misformed after a couple of years of lifting

You're an idiot. Actually you would do mankind a favor by killing yourself, your intellect is an insult to every being on this planet.
>>
>>35171889
if u stay prepare for more you faget
>>
>>35172010
Meh. It happens. I don't see surveying one of the possible outcomes as stupid. Either way, your post didn't really carry any weight either way.
>>35172019
It's okay brah, I'm sure I can handle it.
>>
>>35171994
Thanks man
>>
>>35171755
Yes, you can do all the big boy exercises right now. I honestly don't understand why you'd willingly limit yourself.
>>
>>35172095
I have a personal trainer that gives me a set routine and he just keeps me on the really basic stuff. I thought there might be a reason for it. Plus, I never see guys my size bench desu.
>>
>>35171755
>Can I do bench press yet or should I build more muscle via dumbells first?

Of course you can and should. Are you retarded?
>>
>>35172113
See
>>35172112
>>
>>35172120
Bench Press is one of THE most basic exercises. Your PT must be either deliberately holding you back or he's a moron.

Also

>hiring a personal trainer
>ever
>>
>>35172162
I got offered the gym membership for free and the PT is part of the package.
>>
Top bait
>>
>>35172170
Break up with your PT because they're useless.

Then, SS + GOMAD
>>
>>35172203
Thanks bro.
>>
>>35172112
Oy vey, it begins to all fall into place. A noob like you - no offence - doesn't need a personal trainer. And if your trainer is telling you your not ready for barbell exercises, he's a charlatan artificially slowing your progress to net himself more sessions. There are well respected beginner routines based near-exclusively around barbell movements. You don't look like an invalid so unless you have a specific health issue preventing you, go ahead and start benching, deadlifting, and whatever else will help you toward whatever your goals are (you have goals, right? Not just "get fitter"?)
>>
>>35172255
Well, to be honest one of my main reasons for lifting is emotional stability and as an aid to help me in improving my general life situation. Cultivating discipline and keeping a clear head so I can pursue my larger goals - but I've start to really enjoy it and now I want to get ripped. But I'm realising that it is a process that takes years...

I think I'll stick it out with the PT for a couple of months still. Atleast he's changing the routine every 4 weeks and improving the intensity.

I have one last stupid question, will running for 30 minutes after my gym session truly destroy gains?
>>
>>35172402
Best way to keep gains is to lift heavy eat heavy. Running on a treadmill is bad for bulkin. aka you need to eat even more
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.