[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would /fit/ reccomended casein over whey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: pGNC1-5842917dt.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pGNC1-5842917dt.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
Would /fit/ reccomended casein over whey?
>>
literally what
>>
I haven't figured out yet why anyone would need casein

also, milk it full of it
>>
>>35170921
Would /fit/ recommend casein over whey?

Actually Im curious too about the pros and cons of both. Most people I know drink whey isolate but I know some uber jacked guys who drink a gallon of milk a day.
>>
>>35170917

No, dude. You drink casein like before you got to bed. You don't drink it in place of whey.

Casein is slow-digesting protein so it'll be digesting while you sleep. Whey gets in your blood stream really quickly.

Also, don't buy ON Casein. Just eat some cottage cheese, or greek yogurt before you go to sleep, or something.
>>
>>35170990
>cottage cheese, or greek yogurt

dude, does every fermented milk product has a ton of casein in it like milk?

i had no idea, I thought it was something better lol
>>
>>35170990
I agree with this, I slice up an apple or banana and have it with greek yogurt before going to bed almost every single night
Helps a lot if you're cutting or doing IF as well, makes waking up feel a lot better for me
>>
>>35171046
ricotta is basically cooked whey (cotta means cooked in Italian)
cottage got some whey in it if it's done right, but the amount varies widely
>>
>>35171176
based ricotta
>>
>>35171176
thanks man, today I learned something on /fit/ that'll change my eating habits
>>
Nope.

The whole 'drink casein before you go to bed cause it's slow releasing' is outdated and dumb, as whey actually keeps plasma amino acid levels elevated for longer than casein (and higher), and has a better amino acid profile anyway.
>>
>>35170917
Whey after training
Casein before sleep

>>35171046
Milk (products) are ~80% casein and ~20% whey
>>
>>35171079
How does that work? Aren't you just eating calories that you won't burn off?
>>
>>35171390
Source?
>>
>>35171428
>Aren't you just eating calories that you won't burn off?

Literally what?
>>
>>35171440

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12575908

Try to get the full text. Casein also sits in the GI tract longer and contributes less favourably to skeletal muscle protein synthesis than whey. It also has less leucine.

There really isn't a single reason to take casein unless you can get it a lot cheaper than whey for some reason (and usually it's more expensive).
>>
>>35171347
also, the simpler the process of making it, the better it's nutritional values, for instance: labneh/quark (acidification) > cottage cheese (rennet cheese, drained) > mozzarella (fresh pasta filata) >>> parmesan (aged cheese). ricotta is kind of outlier since is made with the by product (whey) of cheese making.
>>
>>35171502
Drink whey before sleep then?
>>
>>35171502
>Try to get the full text.
http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Wendy_Hall/publication/10910027_Casein_and_whey_exert_different_effect_on_plasma_amino_acid_profiles_gastrointestinal_hormone_secretion_and_appetite/links/02e7e519156d8ce9d8000000.pdf
>>
>>35171626

Sure.

I mean it doesn't really matter whether you take casein or whey before bed (you're not going to notice a difference), but paying more for casein when it has no benefits seems silly.

>>35171685

In conclusion, a preload drink of whey protein has been shown to be more satiating, and to be associated with higher postprandial circulating levels of AA, CCK and GLP-1, compared with an isoenergetic casein preload. These findings identify larger post-absorptive increases in
plasma AA together with both CCK-mediated and GLP-1- mediated satiety mechanisms as potential mediators of the increased satiety response to whey.
>>
>>35171428
Are you serious? You burn calories just by existing. You can even lose weight by laying around in bed all day as long as you eat at a calorie deficit.
>>
>before bed it's better to take casein or eat dairy instead of regular protein
one of the biggest fitness memes ever
>>
>>35170917
Whey after you train
Casein before you sleep.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.