[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

startin squatin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1425418422438.jpg (296KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1425418422438.jpg
296KB, 1536x2048px
I cant squat 75 lbs without tweaking my back up.

However, in a smith machine, i can squat 135 and be fine the next day, except for normal muscle soreness.

Tell me why i shouldnt just squat in a smithmachine?
>>
Just because you have shit form doesn't mean the amith machine is better. Fix your form and stop shitposting you fucking faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>35169901
Low bar squats, try em
>>
>>35169901
What is "tweaking" your back?
>>
>>35169971
fuck if i know, basically a sharp pain on one side right above the buttocks and i cant bend over very far, as if to touch my toes
>>
>>35169940
well yea i have shit form, i struggle putting up the bar and 10 lbs on each side.

Obviously my muscles used to squat are ridiculously weak.

Why not use the smith machine to build a base of strength and then go back to unassisted so i dont feel like a retard who has no control over the bar?
>>
I'm having the same problem, actually. Can do 2 plates on a smith, can't even do one plate with a free bar without almost falling over.

I believe the issue is the same issue with any machine - that is, they don't work your supporting 'stabilizer' muscles. Your quads and glutes are substantially ahead of all the other muscles in your legs and core that assist in a free-weight squat.

I'm not sure what the answer is here, but I suspect it's that we need to just suck it up and use as low of a weight as we can actually handle until our stabilizers catch up.

I also intend to get a personal trainer to help me work on form.
>>
>>35170050
Yea man, i feel really "wobbly" when use the free weights. I know my abs are all really weak, so im starting to work them out 2 times a week.

Ive got a seriously underdeveloped hank hill ass too. Doing bridges for that, but can really find anything else that fires them off.
>>
>>35170040
Im not a pro, but my general understanding is that if you use the smith you are not actually training your muscles (stabliziers included) to "control the bar". your strength isn't the issue, its that your body doesn't know how to squat. you can't learn that using a smith.
>>
>>35170231
Sure, its frustraing for me because ive been trying to learn to squat effectively for years. Im so weak in these particular areas, I just dont know where the fuck to start. One thing i do know about the smithmachine, is that i can put enough weight on it to notice that yes, i am lifting and atleast progressing SOMEWHERE(today it is in my hammies for sure)

When i first started lifting, i had trouble benching 60 lbs. I benched in a smithmachine for awhile, and got to the point i could bench 115 in one, and then jumped back to freeweights(at a significantly lower weight ofcourse) and felt much more comfortable.
>>
>>35170414

Why not get a coach or somebody who knows what they're doing to teach you?

You can be taught how to do a barbell squat in an hour, nevermind years.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.