[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/. I've been trying to lose weight for 3 months,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

Hey /fit/. I've been trying to lose weight for 3 months, and I can say I didn't do that much of a progress. I'm 18, I weigh around 107kg and I'm 1.85m tall. I'm eating healthy and I only have one cheat day per week. Why can't I lose weight? Is it because my programme at the gym? I do lots of cardio and lifting. Can you help me out?
>>
do you eat less less calories than you burn?
>>
>>35169782
I don't know how many calories I burn. Cardio only burns around 400 - 500 as the machines say. I've heard that I should eat around 3000 to 3100 calories to maintain it. But I don't think I'm eating that much.
>>
>>35169821
check your tdee and eat below that
>>
>>35169763
cheat days are a meme. change it to one cheat meal a week to wean yourself off calorie dense foods.
>>
>>35169821

If you don't know if you're eating that much, there's the problem. You need to track everything you eat with something like my fitness pal and see what you're eating. Check your tdee and see what you should be hitting calorie wise then go for it. Sounds like a classic "I'm eating 3000 calories a day because I'm not paying attention to tjings like snacking and drinks but I'll blame it on anything else because I don't want to properly manage my diet." Also I'd look for your bodytype and see what macros you should be hitting. Honestly if you're already hitting the gym why halfass. Go all the way, I believe in you.
>>
>>35169782
what the actual fuck is this, I never understood.
How do you count it, active + inactive calories?
So I need to burn like 2000 calories everyday?
>>
>>35169880
I used an online TDEE calculator and it said that mine is 3,349. Does that mean I should eat below 3,349 calories a day?

I also don't eat any sweets or fast food.
>>
>>35169763
>Cheat day.
>Day
What the fucking fuck.
Have a cheat meal you moron and make sure it's a dinner so you won't destroy your cut. Also a cheat meal is literally a meal it's not an excuse for you to go to an all you can eat buffet and then have 4 plates of dessert.

>Why can't I lose weight?
Read sticky, acquire TDEE, eat below it and count calories (Including drinks, vegetables, oil, condiments everything) literally all you need to lose weight.
>>
>>35169763
>cheat day
You ain't gonna make it
>>
>>35169904
I mistyped. Since my English isn't my mother-tongue, that can happen dude. Chill.
I meant cheat meal a week.
>>
>>35169892
Yes, reduce it by 500-1000 since you're a fatty.
>>
I used to be in a similar situation until I realized that I was lying to myself. You need to realize that everything counts. Every "snack," every "just a taste," every "I've earned it" is just something that's causing you to fail. When eating meals, your salad should not be something you add on the side, your salad should be your main meal. When you feel like snacking, brush your teeth instead so that anything you try and eat afterwards tastes terrible, you'll lose the urge to snack that way. Don't eat food late, try not to eat anything 2-3 hours before bed. When you're working out, you should never be comfortable, always run at a speed that's just above your comfort level, always lift something that's slightly heavier than what you feel good with. If you aren't sweating and breathing heavy, you're not doing it right.
>>
>>35170016
Thanks man. Now I know where I'm wrong.
>>
>>35169918
It's almost certainly your diet, remove cheat meal, don't snack, stay away from soda and drink more water. Don't eat 3000 calories a day, that's for people who are bulking or maintaining not trying to lose weight. Realistically for someone your age and height it's probably going to be about 2000 calories. Keep in mind that machines always give an inflated estimate.
>>
>>35170075
I hate any kind of soda. I drink coffee and water only. Would coffee be a problem? I don't put any sugar in it.
>>
Also, should I do HIIT or normal cardio?
>>
>>35170092

Cream also has a lot of calories, so be weary. I'm cutting at 1245/day and I manage 3 cups of coffee a day, just make sure to count what's in it. If you pt 3 Tbsp cream, make sure you add that to your calories.
>>
>>35170112
Only water, man. I only drink black coffee. Sometimes a little bit of milk. That's all.
>>
>>35170115
I accidently replied to myelf.

Only water, man. I only drink black coffee. Sometimes a little bit of milk. That's all.
>>
File: 1449026267389.gif (894KB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
1449026267389.gif
894KB, 320x184px
>>35169763
>one cheat day per week
>cheat day
>>
No cheat days/meals.

I go to the gym 5x a week, do about 40 minutes of cardio and 50 minutes of strength.

I eat about 1500 kcal a day.

123 kg 190 cm here, lost about 7 kg already.

Typical day:

Breakfast - Go to the gym in the morning, drink protein shake after
Snack - Mandarine
Lunch - Some brown bread with cheese
Snack - Mandarine
Dinner - Meat and rice or pasta/veggies

And i'm not even hungry.
>>
>>35170266
how much did you lose in what time?
>>
>>35170222
elaborate on cheat days/meals pls
>>
>>35170289
About 7 kg a month, so roughly something under 2kg a week.

But that's because i'm fat/obese. I'm expecting the drop rate to lower once i lose more.
>>
>>35170266
>brown bread with cheese
I mean if youre on a 1500 cut why wouldn't you try to eat something nutritious? Other than the protein powder you may or not even eat any protein that day. Do you drink like 9 scoops? come on man
>>
>>35170336

I have always meat for dinner
>>
>>35170266

Thats something I felt too when I started dieting. Less than 1000 calories a day here and I feel much more filled than before. As long as I eat a tangerine before sleep I feel good for the morning.

Typical day for me:

Breakfast: Banana, Multigrain rice bars

Lunch: 100g Oven cooked meat (chicken, turkey, pork) with a large salad (Spinach ftw), on gym days I add 120g of tuna for extra protein.

Dinner: Same as lunch with a wholemeal thin (type of bread).

Snacks: (After dinner) 2x Tangerine and an apple.

Gym days are 9?? Calories because tuna, Normal days are 800-900, feels awesome to eat healthy too.
>>
>>35170299
You stuff your face because you miss all the junk shit you want to eat. Not only do you not make any progress that day, you most likely eat enough to cancel out other day(s).

So you cut a lot slower and don't actually teach yourself how to eat healthy. Instead of changing your diet to the point where you don't want to stuff your face with donuts you just hate your life 6 days of the week and then waste most your progress on the 7th.
>>
>>35170371
aren't you starving man? How fast are you losing?
>>
>>35169763
apart from the typical calorie counting advice it would be intersting to read what an average day worth of food would be for you. What did you eat today/yesterday ? What do you drink ? Maybe we can eliminate a couple of the worst things and you don't even have to start counting kcal so soon.
>>
>>35170409
So you don't have any? How do I build willpower like you senpai?
>>
>>35170512

Have strong motivation
>>
>>35170512
You will have some. Its inevitable. You're gonna have to go out to a restaraunt with your friends or family and eat a nice steak or something. The point is to not make it a "cheat day" in the sense that you can just eat whatever you want with no reprecussions. Just go a couple hundred over what you wanted and move on.

The number one issue with diets is that people go over by like 100 calories so they decide "fuck it ill just take a day off" and eat like 3k worth of donuts. Cheat of you absolutely have to, but the idea of having a specific day to cheat is like having a day you plan on failing.

No way to make sure you never fuck up, but its stupid to actually plan to fuck up.
>>
>>35169892
If you eat below your TDEE every. single. day. you will get thinner. The thing is, if you're only eating a few hundred below it, it'll take YEARS for you to go from being obese to being healthy.

Either way, it doesn't matter if you know how many calories you are allowed if you don't know what the fuck you're putting in. You're fucking fat. If you knew how to judge food right, you wouldn't be fat to begin with. So get all that subjective crap out of the way. Here's what you're going to do:

You are going to buy a kitchen scale and you will weight every single shit you put into your mouth. And you'll use MyFitnessPal or any other app to count calories - and you'll count by gram. This is the only way you can stop your brain from lying to you.

And your brain wants to lie, because it wants to eat. It'll try to convince you that "hey, you ran a lot today! we deserve that cookie, eh!?" or that "think about it, we barely ate, totally okay to eat again eh?". It's called "Licensing" and it's your second worst enemy. The first one is eating without paying attention.

So if you weight every little shit and you mark down every little shit, lying becomes impossible and you can't license unless it's really fine to eat more. So do those two.
>>
>>35170798
Exercise also isn't required to lose weight. Just really fucking stop eating. You can exercise when you're thinner, and odds are you'll even like it more by then.
>>
>>35170855

It's not, but it helps.

If can build muscles and lose fat at the same time, i will do it.

I don't wanna end up a skeleton with skin hanging off me
>>
>>35169763

Unless those calorie dense foods are satiating enough to curb your appetite, leading you to eat less ;)

I know where you're coming from op, I was 108.5kg and 6'2 at 18

You're in a good place being young but not disgustingly obese, it will be easy to set goals and build momentum eg under 100kg, under 200lb and so forth.

I dieted down to 95 and maintained it for years but what really worked and reset my long term equilibrium weight leaving me in the low 80s and lean was keto (I know people here make fun, but this is where I found out about it

I've been able to maintain this weight even though I don't restrict carbs any more, I think keto really helped me come to terms with how to eat the right amount of food and how I could manipulate my macronutrients to achieve my fitness goals.
>>
>>35171063
Thanks for the tips dude.

>>35170798
Thank you for the motivation man. For the tips also.
>>
>>35170411

I lost 7kg first week, then 4kg 2nd week, tommorows the end of week 3. I ate like shit before but with a healthier diet i feel more energetic and fuller after meals, i havent had any cravings or hunger pangs either.
>>
>>35171964

>7 kg in a week

holy shit, how much did you weigh?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.