[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going to the gym is painful because of the people anyone who's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: social-anxiety-thoughts1[1].png (368KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
social-anxiety-thoughts1[1].png
368KB, 1000x800px
going to the gym is painful because of the people

anyone who's fit and has anxiety? hhow to deal with it?
>>
>>35169147
Only plebs go to the gym. Get yourself a full Olympic weight set and work out at home. It's fucking amazing.
>>
Just do it. I had some anxiety going through puberty, but it is actually as simple as just doing it (whatever you're anxious about), step by step. Whenever I feel like not doing something where in my mind I might make a fool out of myself, I think back on all the chances I've already missed, that's more than enough motivation for me not being a little bitch.
>>
>>35169147
Once you're a set or two in I find you become less self conscious. Also no one cares about you unless you do some real retarded shit and even if you do some real retarded shit who cares what random human beings think really. Remember they and you will all die one day so who cares
>>
>>35169160
i also highly reccomend doing this, OP. the money you save on gym membership alone is enough incentive, +the convenience of not needing to travel to workout and the added boost to motivation inherent to that, being able to have fresh meals prepared and ready for instant consumption straight after working out, the comfortability and focus awarded by solitary exercise. 90% of gym equipment consists of retarded machines that do the same thing as their barbell/dumbbell counterparts only less efficiently

go home or go home
>>
>>35169160
>>35169247
Not going to make it.

If you get anxious in social situations (like tons of other people do, myself included sometimes), the only cure is exposure. Do yourself a favor and go to the gym, OP. This forces you to interact and become more comfortable. If you HIDE from your fears like the home gym masterrace you will never overcome them.
>>
>>35169160
>>35169247
Look for a squat rack and weights someones used twice and realised they can't be bothered and selling for a reasonable price. If money is an issue
>>
The first couple of months that I went to the gym I would almost always get the nervous, butterflies-in-stomach feeling on the drive there. I made a habit out of going straight to one of the treadmills or bikes and just warming up for about 10 minutes while listening to music and that would help calm my nerves a lot. I also found a good time of day I could go when it was not so crowded.
>>
>>35169289
I'd recommend exposure in social situations where you actually communicate to people. No one really wants to speak in the gym
>>
>>35169160
>>35169247

do you guys own your own olgympic weight set? sounds interesting. any tips/advice on what i should focus on if i decide to get one?

>>35169170
>>35169218
i always try to think that i dont are and im usually confident if i know what im doing, but i've been only going to the gym since a few months and practially never did any sports before so i'm extremly self conscious with my body and form, doesnt help that im usually the skinniest and lankiest (but still have stretch marks everywhere cause i used to be obese
>>
>>35169289
I can tell you this man is wrong from experience. I went full cocoon mode for about a year, worked out at home 4 times a week. When I finally emerged from my lair everyone was so god damn amazed at my transformation the surge in confidence obliterated any social anxiety that remained. Furthermore, if you suffer from social anxiety and dread going to the gym because you will see people it's GOING TO severely affect your gains. This guy has it all backwards, do not listen him my beta brethren.

Home gym is truly god's will.
>>
i have a barbell rack, a barbell, some weights, a bench with additional handles for dips and a pull up bar, around 200-300 dollarinos and you have a homegym
>>
>>35169289
>>35169317

i only get anxious in the gym or anywhere where i have to display my body (beach)

>>35169292
thanks for the tip

>>35169295
yea i know that feeling, i already do that with the treadmill and music and i go at midnight so it isnt that crowded but thanks, thought im the only one doing that

>>35169335
>>35169346

im seriously considering working out at home now
>>
>>35169335
This a million times over!
>>
File: Capture1.png (57KB, 372x372px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
57KB, 372x372px
>>35169319
>do you guys own your own olgympic weight set?

Yeh brah, myself and my roommates split the cost of a used 350kg set, including a bench and a squat rack, about 3 years ago. I think it was $250 AUD which is like $320 USD or something. Shop around on the net and look for used sets as another anon already pointed out. You will likely have to drive to get them though because transporting them is a costly and annoying process.

>any tips/advice on what i should focus on if i decide to get one?

Just get what I mentioned earlier, a barbell, a couple pairs of dumbbells and a curl bar and you'll be golden.

Godspeed anon, I guarantee you will not regret it.
>>
>>35169385
ignore that retarded conversion lol im drunk and on my phone, look it up yourself. itll be like 150 US
>>
Get rid of it
It sounds dumb but you just have to completely ignore that part of yourself until it just goes away

You can build this up by throwing yourself into situations with a lot of anxiety, like training with heavy weights. After a while, doing something like talking to a random girl will seem easy, even normal.
>>
>>35169160
This big time.
I used to never lift because I didn't want to do it in public.
Since I got a home gym I work out everyday no problem.
It's so much more convenient and obviously very private.
And they're much more cost efficient than gym memberships.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.