[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you know about hair loss? Background >I'm under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: WP_20151207_20_25_38_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151207_20_25_38_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3552x2000px
What do you know about hair loss?

Background
>I'm under stress (engineering student), anxiety and depression (no friends or family in this country).
>I eat lots of crabs to increase serotonin
>had acne til my 20's (high test and dht?)
>kissless virgin
>overweight
>used to be /fit/ back in my teens

What should I do?
Is this the right board?
Is it reversible?
I obviously will start by getting /fit/
>>
if it runs in your family then you're probably fucked no matter what

lifting can actually make it worse by increasing dht

stress, nutrient and vitamin deficiencies, etc also, just google this shit
>>
>>35167099
>What should I do?
Shave it.
>>
>>35167099

>What should I do?

Take a shower you greasy motherfucker
>>
hair loss is linked to metabolic syndrome

Do a lot of hiit and cut out soft drinks if you drink them
>>
>>35167131
No MPB in my mothers side, a lot in my fathers.

>>35167137
I look like shit.

>>35167151
Durr hurr, I just went out of the shower.

>>35167155
I will cut all sugars, thanks.
Wild also do some research on metabolic syndrome.
>>
>>35167207
>a lot in my fathers
you're probably fucked, get used to the thought
>>
>>35167099

if all that green text is true then its not because of your hair loss, you sound like a beta faggot
>>
>>35167240
Fugg

I guess I have to find a new style...
I'm not a creative combing kind of person and I hate hats
>>
>>35167249
Never been alpha, but definitely not beta.
I had fights in high school (and won), I can be a leader and I'm naturally aggressive.
>>
take finasteride
Also MPB is almost always from mom's side but there are other causes of hair lose that are not connected to MPB
>>
>>35167155

strong bro science. OP there is only one thing you can do and that is start taking fin/propecia do it brah don't listen to all the side effects shit chances are you will get zero i have been on it 2 years and have none. Hair is vital without it well good luck.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 707x785px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 707x785px
Male pattern baldness I caused by dht, if you're not genetically prone to it, the only thing that can cause it is increasing dht levels.
Getting paranoid about my crown, but t might just be me having fine hair
>>
>>35167286
Btw, my hairline is ok, its just the top, that's why I don't think its MPB (also because your reason)

>>35167289
I might try some meds...

>>35167296
I have shitloads of dht (my face is always oily)
Or could it be a liver problem?
Anyway, youth hair looks a bit tin, but not abnormally so...
>>
>>35167289
this!
i started 3-4 months ago, and i have visible results by now.
>summary:
* finasteride is drug for prostate and usually comes in 5mg pills but proven effective dosage against dht-induced hair-loss is 1mg >(split pill in 5)

* user reported side effects are smaller cum size, blue balls and such (proly by some impotentus, cuz I had none of those)

* among proven side effects is an Frankenstein-like damage to male fetus!!!!! IF YOU PLAN A CHILD STOP finasteride FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS BEFORE CONCEPTION

Also stop sugar, alcohol do vitamins, reduce stress etc. etc. etc.

GL
>>
How does one get Finasteride / proscar without a prescription? I think my hair line is starting to slightly recede and I want to dip my feet in test ( I am 21)
>>
File: 2448248.jpg (14KB, 236x340px) Image search: [Google]
2448248.jpg
14KB, 236x340px
Have had my hair thinning/balding since late high school. Tried biotin and some hair loss shampoos and no results. Decided to buzz my head (size 0-1), get in shape/lose face fat/get a nice jawline, and grow a beard that flows with my head hair. Though girls do prefer a nice full head of hair, they also like my badass manly look. Fuck those meds. We were genetically unlucky and there is no reason to fix that. Try my advice first.

Pic related: I look like this but have my beard connecting to my head hair
>>
i slowed mine heaps by doing this

>cutting out all processed sugar, gluten and oils (except olive and coconut)
>increasing intake of veggies and fish (omega 3 is essential - stops inflammation)
>cutting out milk (some dairy is fine, yogurt and cheese for example)
>avoiding high carb meals (diabetes 2 runs in family, can be reason for hair loss)
>making sure i get 8hrs sleep every night

also i take these supplements
>zinc
>iodine
>selenium
>biotin
>tribulus forte
>castor oil

testosterone/estrogen imbalance can be a reason for hair loss so zinc/tribulus addresses this

iodine/selenium aids the thyroid. thyroid problems are a hugely underestimated reason for hair loss in my opinion. just look at the number of bald guys you see with really thin eyebrows as well as hair

biotin and castor oil just makes your hair grow really fast. castor oil has some other stuff behind it too, cant be bothered to go into though so research it yourself. look up swisstemples

whenever i deviate from this regime my head starts to itch like crazy and my hair sheds heaps. if you have any questions feel free to ask
>>
>>35167289
>strong bro science
wrong idiot
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20426781
>>
I took finasteride for 9 months, I got none of the more famous side effects.
I started sweating heavy tho. Acid stinky sweat.
I became "that guy" no matter what I did, even showering before gym. It's been so bad I had to stop. Luckily things got normal again, it was really awful.
Goodbye hair I guess.
>>
>>35167370
suck off an older man with prosthetic problems...
its a win-win you will get finasteride without a prescription and free (you can even make a buck that way I guess) and the older male will get his prostate flushed regularly... not to mention the free protein, zink suplementation and all
no h-homo though
>>
>>35167401
Very interesting stuff, thanks
>>
File: 1449481269826.jpg (685KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1449481269826.jpg
685KB, 1200x1600px
Do I have a receding hairline?
>>
>>35167755
Kek
>>
>>35167755
hahaha
nigga i hope this is b8
>>
Looks like an oblivion NPC
>>
>>35167755
Holy shit.

Your face is not that bad, but you really need to cut your hair. What are you even thinking? That looks like shit. Cut it really short or if you have the head shape, just fucking shave it. Everything is better than this ridiculous hair cut.
>>
>>35167755
I'm sorry, but your hairline is in another castle
>>
File: wellshitnignog.gif (281KB, 320x219px) Image search: [Google]
wellshitnignog.gif
281KB, 320x219px
>>35167755
my heads bigger. rip
>>
>>35167240
>you're probably fucked, get used to the thought
Wat

Common wisdom is that you should look at your grandfather on your mother's side to know if you'll be balding

true in my case, maternal grandfather is the only bald guy around in my family, and I'm starting to go bald
>guy should have gotten sterilized desu faⅿ
>>
File: 1449159026541.jpg (45KB, 532x634px) Image search: [Google]
1449159026541.jpg
45KB, 532x634px
>>35167099
>greasy disgusting unkept hair
>overweight
>used to be /fit/
>kissless virgin

Hmm it's almost as if there is some correlation..
How do people let themselves turn into this?
>>
>>35167491
Why without a prescription? I'm autistic as fuck and even I was able to convince my doctor

Fuck naysayers btw, same as with Accutane the sides are blown out of proportion... but make sure to do your own research
>>
>>35167755
Cut the hair you milky ginger ghoul
>>
File: cage.jpg (14KB, 472x375px) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
14KB, 472x375px
>>35167755
>>
>19 years old
>gyno
>wide hips
>erectile dysfunction

Just end it all lads

C.ucked by genetics, the life of a low test male.
>>
>>35171704
You should go see a doctor, those are real symptoms of low test.
>>
>>35171728
The problem is, what should I do if the results say I am low test? I'm fucking 19, I shouldn't have to rely on hormone injections just to function properly.
>>
>>35171631
>Common wisdom is that you should look at your grandfather on your mother's side to know if you'll be balding

We'll I'm fucked
>>
>>35171736
If it's an actual medical problem, why not? It may help you.
>>
>>35171736
Inject test, feel like a million bucks and get jacked.

Lucky...
>>
>>35171631
>Common wisdom is that you should look at your grandfather on your mother's side to know if you'll be balding
>tfw grandfather on mother's side committed suicide decades before your birth
>He still had hair when he did that tho
>>
>>35171767
It's not natural to have low test at my age, there has to be something causing it.
>>35171773
Potentially ruin my fertility and rely on medication for life
>>
>>35171793
>blasting and cruising for life

Lucky...
>>
>>35171793
>Potentially ruin my fertility and rely on medication for life
Never heard of that. If properly dosed, your fertility is not at risk.

Also,
>It's not natural to have low test at my age, there has to be something causing it.
That's why you should go see a doctor about that. The earlier the better. I know it's embarrassing because of the ED, but doctors don't give a shit.
>>
>>35171857
Yeah, you're right. It's very hard to get a doctor's appointment where I live due to a constant influx of immigrants looking for medical attention, but I already have one that I've been waiting for a month now, so I can just get it looked at then.
>>
>>35171681
hahahahaha
>>
>>35167449
Ah fuck come the fuck on can I catch a break for once.

I have been sweating excessively since puberty, the worst is constantly having sweaty hands.

I'm also balding, started to take procepia a week ago. If the sweating gets worse I'll have to drop it. Even thinking about sweating will probably make me anxious and cause me to sweat more.
>>
minoxidil
>>
>>35172572

not him but i'm here for that

how the actual fuck are you meant to style your hair with it

i'm thinking it'll fuck my entire styling process over in a way that'll make me look more shit than actual hair loss, and i'm barely losing any

like leaving that shit in your hair to dry for an hour will kill any volume you got right and there's no smart way of getting mousse or sea salt spray in there either
>>
>>35172604
no idea, i only use it for beard gainz
>>
What's your diet like?
>>
>tfw 2016 will be the death of MPB
>>
>>35172831

how's that working out then m8

I've considered it but it feels like the alcohol and the systemic minox would majorly fuck things up
>>
>>35173057
Just started it but read a lot of good stuff from people who use it and they didnt have any problems apart from some itchy and dry skin after applying it
>>
File: hairline.jpg (398KB, 1843x632px) Image search: [Google]
hairline.jpg
398KB, 1843x632px
>>35167099
MPB is caused by DHT production in the body.
It's a hormone that is converted from Testosterone.

If your hair is thinning at the top like the top post, get on minox, i had very mild thinning on my crown and generic minox fixed it right up. If your hairline is receding, find a way to block the DHT and minox on your hairline MIGHT help you, it helps some and not others, its a toss up for most.

For most people they use finasteride (cheapest way to get it is to get a prescription for generic proscar and split it into 4, take 1 a day). Trouble with this is, it can potentially fuck up your sex drive, very rare though.

I use pumpkin seed oil on mine a few nights a week and I find it helps, also makes my hair feels nicer, just wash it off in the morning. Use nizoral twice a week and take biotin for hair health daily.

My hairline has improved, never had much actual thinning yet. 25 years old btw.
>>
>>35173139

thanks for sharing m8, convinces me the minox i just ordered will fix me up, only really looking to fix a bit of very general slight thinning around the vortex and crown, which is probably largely miniaturization

you experience much sheds starting out? it's one of my biggest concerns since i feel like the current state of my hair is passable but a lot of hairs going at the same time could be a bitch and i'm not fond of having to go super short, even for a limited time
>>
>>35173213
Not really no, but I dont apply any to the majority of my scalp, just my crown and some onto my widows peak, outside of that only on to the actual area of my hairline without hair. I think it thinned...slightly at first, but I buzzed my head anyway during the first few months so I wouldnt care or notice.
>>
>>35173139
What's all that effort for? You're still visibly balding and it'll all be gone within the next decade.

Not meant to insult you. Even though I still have all my hair, plenty other things wrong with me.
>>
>>35173288

>What's all that effort for? You're still visibly balding and it'll all be gone within the next decade.

not him but if you're thinking like that, why do anything, ever?

everything is temporary senpai

>You're still visibly balding

also I sort of disagree with this, he's now got the hair of a way younger man which looks a lot better and makes the difference between it being worth keeping and something he should just shave
>>
>>35173288
I want to keep what I have for a bit longer, I lost some fairly fast because of creatine, so I wanted to gain back what I lost.

I know im gonna go bald and unless I do fin, that wont change. It's not that much effort really. I use the smallest amount of minox possible on my hairline, I take pumpkin seed oil anyway for prostate health, niz is cheap and an alternative to shampooing with other shampoos (which i use sometimes anyway).

I have biotin anyway cause it's one of the things I take normally anyway. Its like 2 minutes of my day at most.
>>
>>35173356
>not him but if you're thinking like that, why do anything, ever?
Some parameters should be considered. Committing to a bandaid solution that 1. won't even last half your lifetime and 2. potentially fucks you up health-wise doesn't really make sense to me, but eh.

>>35173390
I won't pretend to know much anything about the hair loss meds since I haven't had to explore them but for your sake I hope you're right.
>>
>>35173407
Only one im taking is minox, it's pretty wildly used, and I barely use it. So 3 months supply last me for ages.
>>
>>35173407

>Some parameters should be considered. Committing to a bandaid solution that 1. won't even last half your lifetime
>2. potentially fucks you up health-wise doesn't really make sense to me, but eh.

well, both of those statements are applicable to lifting too aren't they?

most things we do are bandaid solutions - relations, haircuts, exercise, staying healthy, learning things, none of these things will last/stay useful for very long, rather we do these things because they're good for us, even if in a relatively short term sense

in the face of that the hair thing is quite a cost efficient bandaid as far as time consumption goes

either way, I like to think superficial shit is valid and worth focusing on until you're a bit older and settled in, since it has such an impact on how your life is from day to day
>>
>>35167099
Drop the carbs using fruits and veggies
time the worst carbs post training
train with little rest between sets, going for explosive movements
dont fall for the keto meme, just eat good healthy and moderate amounts
find something that you enjoy doing
>>
>>35167099
Just shave it man, i know it sucks to be bald, but it's going to be worse if you try to do something about it.

Just do it.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.