[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people think chiropractic is quackery? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Why do so many people think chiropractic is quackery? There's evidence that suggests it works and it only seems logical that the spinal cord's positioning can play a role with nerves and such.

Anyone has experience with chiropractic or has any counter evidence?
>>
>>35166433
>Some faggot cheap shotted me after a play in highschool (football), had unbearable lower back pain.

>I eventually went to the doctor who recommended me to a chiropractor.

>Did a few adjustments, had a table with a rolling metal beam (essentially a foam roller bed, good shit) and used some electric pads on my back

>After the 3rd visit with no long term improvement he did X-rays

>Spinous process on my L5 was gone, got shattered to fuckall from the hit

>Told me he was sorry but refused to do any further appointments because of the risk of fucking my shit up

I would thoroughly recommend doing deep stretching and yoga before you go to a consider going to a chiropractor, unless you have some congenital defect or experienced trauma.
>>
File: slide_36.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_36.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>35166433
It works and has worked for me. I have a hernia in my t spine + other stuff which limits function by disrupting nerve signals to my right arm. The problem with chiros tho is that they range from
fucking retards ------------------ decent people----------------- actually know what they're doing.
Certificates and requirements also differ between countries which doesnt exactly help. And in my experiences the chance of finding a good one is quite slim, 1 out of 10 if I had to pick an arbitary number.
>>
>>35166433

I have a slipped disc and chiropractic sure helped relieving my symptoms (this and some postural training). Now I make some exercises every day and 1 or 2 visits a year when I feel the need.

>>35166506

That's strange, after a trauma that caused unbearable pain the doc didn't do X-ray before any treatment? My chiropractic wouldn't have touched me without a NMR to be sure that he wasn't going to cripple me.
>>
>>35166433
My chiro is a godsend. He's fixed me up multiple times.
>>
>>35166433
I think it's more that you never know the standard you'll get. Physios are at least a protected professional, so there's a minimum standard they're trained too.

Chiros can be wizards or absolute quacks and you'll never know until you're there.
>>
>>35166433
It was literally invented by a new york green grocer who thought he could cure small pox
>>
It's the Scientology of medicine? Just go see a witchdoctor instead.
>>
my father in law sees one at least 4 times a week for the past two years.

It can't be working because because if it worked he wouldn't see her anymore .

>idiot
>>
I owe my life to my chiro. Sciatica to the point where I could no longer function as a normal person in society. Excruciating pain doing things like standing and sitting. Id have to walk up stairs at a snails pace. MRI and Ultrasound on the areas with pain showed nothing. Normal doctors told me there was nothing wrong with me. After about 3 months of going to a chiro 3 times a week I was back to 90%. I still feel the slight sensation around my hip and warmth in my foot though but i can be a normal person again.
>>
>>35166433
Alone the fact that you get dizzy when you have a bad form lifting heavy weights is an evidence that it plays a role in overall fitness
>>
There's a difference between the crackity crack everything ones and the ones that are closer to physical therapy. The big problem is that they aren't going to put that on their sign outside.
>>
>>35168822
Very similar story to yours. I had to walk with a limp almost every day. I thought that this was going to be for the rest of my life until i went to the chiro. I almost never have tbose pains anymore and if i do, they are easily corrected by the next day (sitting up straight in chairs for an hour surprisingly does wonders for recoop). To make matters worse, i got into a car accident and had even more of a reason to go to the chiro.
>>
>>35166433
Chiropractora fix you up for a temporary amount of time. Truth is, your back is a delicate and expensive thing to fix so it's up to you.
>>
>>35168822
>>35169050
Awesome testimoney 'doctors'
>>
>>35166433

Like other bros said, you gotta make sure you do your research and find a properly qualified chiro who knows what your doing. I put it off for a long time and finally decided to bite the bullet and go since my health plan covers chiro treatment. Shit you not, my guy instantly went to work on fixing my shoulder which has had a nagging pain after working out bench or shoulders and it feels better then it ever has in the last 2 years.

A good chiro will not only go to work on your back but also extremities and then give you proper recommendations for stretching areas to improve muscle function in the affected area
>>
>>35166433

Also if its complete quacker why does almost every major professional athelete/bodybuilder see one regularly... Dorian Yates highly recommends seeing one monthly when heavy training... almost all major US Olympic athletes see one regularly, most major sports team have one on staff along with trainers, massage therapists and physio
>>
They are good at clearing up back pain.

It's when they start thinking they can cure various other ailments that have nothing to do with back pain that it crosses over into quackery.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.