[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gymnasium then (Ancient Greece) >literally means "to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Palestra,_Pompeii.jpg (82KB, 739x251px) Image search: [Google]
Palestra,_Pompeii.jpg
82KB, 739x251px
Gymnasium then (Ancient Greece)
>literally means "to train naked", so everybody can appreciate the glorious male body and pay tribute to the Gods
>open air, exposure to the sun (D3, healthy tanning, fresh air), calming sounds of nature
>philosophers often held lectures around the gymnasium and intellectual discussions were encouraged between athletes, public libraries were nearby, as the Greeks considered physical health/training and education/intellectual training as intrinsically complementary
>ultimate goal was to honor the Gods, pursue introspection and learn about self-discipline, the natural and moral way
>no women allowed, as they of course belonged in the kitchens, homosexuality was proudly accepted as a logical lifestyle, since men were rightfully viewed as the superior gender

'Gyms' now
>People wearing ugly clothes that hide the body, symbols of consumerist vanity and capitalist excess, sponsors/brand logos everywhere, typically "frat bro" sense of style with overly tight tanktops and stupid ironic taglines
>closed buildings in concrete towers, air conditioner, loud lowest-common denominator radio pop "music", vulgar "bitches & money"-obsesed hip-hop or anger-fueled satan-worshipping rocknroll
>meatheads spouting broscience, "yo bro did you watch the game last night?", bragging about unrewarding sexual intercourses with drunk club harlots
>ultimate goal is to have abs to impress women, men are turning into self-obsessed metrosexuals, fitness culture is plagued by vanity, anti-intellectualism and marketing scams, steroids are commonplace, beauty standards became distorted thanks to steroids bodybuilding (the ugly, veined, dry skin look), cardio and health are frowned upon
>dumb women trying to distract serious athletes while doing useless routines, homosexuality has become an ironic meme "no homo" as if something to be ashamed of when men are objectively superior to women and it's perfectly logical to prefer them
>>
Blame wimmenfolks and wimmen in government t8h Iad
>>
>>35166146
>>r9k
>>
Once physical fitness was no longer a required trait for the vast majority of men, fitness culture was destined for decline.
>>
>>35166173
? Wimmenfolks in government have everything to do with pandering to political retards
>>
We have to go back
>>
>>35166028
>lewonggeneration
no one's holding you back from getting ass blasted. Go get grindr and fulfill all your fantasies
>>
Not buying
>being homosexual was vastly accepted

I honestly doubt that.
>>
>>35166181
Shoot up a school about it
>>
lel i read at the gym.
>>
>>35166198
? How would that change anything
Are u retarded darling boi?
How dumb r u on a scale from 0-0?
?
>>
>>35166028
Im pretty sure that this is a roman gym, looks just like the one in Pompeii.
>>
>>35166196
>Thinking the ancient Greeks weren't all raging faggots
>>
>>35166028

>Not wearing Nike to honour the Goddess of Victory
>Not using the surrounding chaos to find inner peace
>Not banting about the latest gladiatorial sports or how many women you conquered in the name of Venus
>Not pursuing aestetic perfection so as to honour the hands of Mars
>doubting the integrity of the sex of Athena, and Diana

Do you even Roman?
>>
>>35166196

Depends on which Greeks in particular. Apparently Athenian men seriously despised women to the point that the gay was rampant.
>>
/his/ pls fkn go
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 562x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 562x363px
>>35166028
I just got nostalgia for a time I never knew.

I didn't know you could feel this feel.
>>
>>35166225
>misappropriating another culture and claiming it as your own

Romans were the original White People
>>
>>35166028
Gotta find a gym with now women and no music bruh
>>
>>35166817
Educated kek.
>>
no barbells tho
>>
Spartan women worked out naked alongside men
cmon man if you're gonna fetishize something historical at least do your research
>>
>>35166196
Homosexuality didn't even exist as a concept at the time.

But most Greeks did have sex with other men.
>>
File: fregge.jpg (23KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
fregge.jpg
23KB, 446x362px
>you will never live in ancient greece
>>
>>35166028

Jesus Christ from what circle of Hell did that gym come from?

Either my gym is fucking blessed or you're REALLY projecting shit here man.
>>
>>35166182
how?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.