[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (21KB, 471x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 471x313px
/fit/
How do you eat your oats?
>>
With a fork or a spoon.
>>
Can someone explain to me the Oats meme?

Oats taste like shit and I have always seen people who eat them as faggots
>>
>>35165653
Good macros
>>
>>35165623

whole milk with vanilla greek yogurt.

sometimes throw in some craisins if im feeling sassy.
>>
>>35165653
It tastes good with fruit. What do you eat for carbs in the morning? sugar?
>>
>>35165653
Just look at the macros.
God tier for carbs.
>>
honey, cinnamon, help/chia seeds
>>
>>35165653
Oats have always seen you as a faggot
>>
File: 1423205251958.gif (1MB, 295x255px) Image search: [Google]
1423205251958.gif
1MB, 295x255px
>>35165680
>eating carbs in the morning
>>
>>35165814
what's wrong?

I've only ever heard girls say this
>>
Cup of rolled oats
Cup of milk
2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
1 apple
1 scoop of protein powder

I don't cook the oats i eat it as if it was muesli
>>
>>35165814
uhh ok do you eat your carbs at night or something? You don't need energy to sleep so that'd be dumb. inb4 keto faggot
>>
>>35165858
Eat carbs an hour before and right after working out so that they'll be used to assist in muscle growth. If you work out in the morning, then fine, eat carbs in the morning. Otherwise, they'll release fat storing hormones and just go to build more fat. Also, I'm just bullshitting and have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.
>>
>>35165854
>>35165854
what's wrong with cooking the oats? Does it lose nutrients or something? Wouldn't eating them raw be a nightmare on your throat?

I just add boiling water to soften them and let them sit until not too hot
>>
>>35165623
Cooked

I can't believe how often I see guys here that eat them raw. At that point, that's horse feed-bag food.
>>
>>35165903
I just couldn't be fucked to cook them in the morning, the milk softens them up enough to be edible. Its just like eating muesli
>>
Oat pancakes. Per pancake, multiply accordingly:

1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking powder

Blend and cook.
>>
Cream cheese bit of sugar and cocoa
GOAT
>>
>>35165623
>Eating oats
>607 calories and 103g of carbs per serving, only 17 of those of which is fiber
If you're trying to put on weight sure but other than that no thanks
>>
>>35165988
A huge bowl is only 300
>>
I pour a cup of oats and a pint of milk

I spoon oats into my mouth, take a sip of milk, chew and repeat

it's pretty good
>>
>>35165623
evryday.
>>
>>35165623
1:2 oats and milk, let soak about 5-10 min. Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or flavored whey.
>>
File: original.jpg (63KB, 464x597px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
63KB, 464x597px
with walnuts and yogurt. I gives the yogurt more consistence and also tastes better
>>
>>35165680

>tastes good with fruit
>what do you eat in the morning.. sugar?

lmao please be meming, fruit is packed with sugar and is shit for you you dyel tier pleb
>>
>>35166498
...dude? No it's not. 300 cal is like 75 gr.
>>
>>35165623
Chuck em in a smoothie
>>
>>35165623
>Mix cup of oats, cup of milk and cup of water together in a saucepan
>Have one mid-high heat until it starts to boil
>You gotta keep stirring every few seconds if it's on high (what I do)
>When it starts to boil, turn the heat down to the lowest setting
>Start a timer for 3-5 minutes
>Stir ever few seconds (I find giving a super quick stir every 20 seconds works well)

Then turn off heat when time goes off, and put it in a bowl.

If you mix in raises when it starts to boil (just as you start the timer) it's even better.

Sprinkling brown sugar over the top is also amazing.

I have about a cup of oats almost every day. Really quick and easy snack. Also, if you want less, just combine less ingredients. As long as the ratios are equal, it works.

Oh, and for a new (but not as health conscious) way of eating oats, look up "ANZAC biscuits". The ANZACs were Australian and New Zealand troops, and in WW2, they were finding all sorts of ways to turn shitty food good. ANZAC biscuits are mostly oats, and they're really damned good. Also super easy, and great for eating when on the bus coming home from the gym.
>>
>>35167222
Oh, also, a cup of oats mixed with a cup of milk and a scoop of protein in a blender is a really good, really cheap, shake. Add more oats or milk or protein as desired. Round it out with water if it's too thick.

Oats are basically the thing I eat most often, and these 3 ways are my faves.
>>
>>35166955
1 cup is 300 cals. Cooked correctly, that will fill a pretty decent size bowl. Source: do it often, and have done it for years.
>>
>>35165623

>pumping your insulin to the fucking roof with sugar in the morning

hahahahaha TIP TOP LEL APEX KEK LEGENDARY JEJ
>>
>>35165623
Mix them in with scramble eggs, tastes bland as fuck
>>
>>35165653
In a nutshell? They're cheap. They're super easy to prepare in a few different ways. They have really good macro breakdowns (protein and carbs, and even some fat). If you don't like the taste (most won't, me included) you can flavour them in so many different ways.

Also, they're OK for calories too. The way I describe here:
>>35167222
Has over 400 cals (342 from oats, 96 from milk) and it's just a single, relatively easy to eat bowl. You can eat that amount or more for bulking, or that amount or less for cutting, and it's gonna fit really neatly into your calorie count for the day.

Also, the recipes with them tend to be incredibly simple, and modifying amounts tends to be really easy too.

Tl;dr
They tick basically every box, and don't have any real drawbacks.
>>
>>35167241
>insulin
>bad

fuck off gains goblin
>>
>>35167238
Skelly detected.
Your cup and bowl are tiny, and you are probably tiny too. Oats are 380 calories pr 100 gr.
>>
>>35165913
If it makes you mad that i eat my oats raw im going to keep on not cooking them
>>
File: oats nutrition 1 cup raw.png (22KB, 452x572px) Image search: [Google]
oats nutrition 1 cup raw.png
22KB, 452x572px
>>35167238
>1 cup is 300 cals.
pretty sure you are calculating your nutrition based on 1 cup of cooked oats.

1 cup of raw oats is literally more than double that.
>>
>>35167259
want to know how i know you look like shit?
>>
>>35165913
FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU AND YOUR BLAND MUSH

oats are way tastier raw.

like its so goddamn hard to chew.

the only time oats are acceptable cooked is in oatmeal raisin cookies, and no-bake cookies.
because they still retain some crunch that way.
>>
>>35168363
also if you don't like your oats crunchy, just mix that shit up with greek yogurt.

turns soft in like 1 minute, but without turning to mush like when you cook it.
>>
>>35165899
What the actual fuck mister broscience, go populate mars with your dimwit progeny, or you could like actually read something on nutrition before spewing this shit around.
>>
>>35168341
and here is where you learn there is more than one style of oats

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-breakfast-cereals-to-be-cooked-quick-oats-dry_f-ZmlkPTEwOTk3OQ.html

youre welcome
>>
>>35167440
sorry, swole manlet master race. brb 5'7" 195 at 15%
>>
>>35167261

now you explain me what insulin is good for after you wake up shitstain.

>protip: you cant
>>
>>35165653
cheaper than your chocolate lucky puff cereal
has less sugar
more filling
more nutricious
less processed (instant oat dust don't count)

nigger just boil some water (or milk)and add some oats and raisins.
>>
>>35168541
no, that site is just fucktarded.

click on gram, and type 156 (i.e. approx how many grams are in a cup of dry oats - go weigh yourself if you disbelieve)

and then watch as the nutritional info becomes almost identical to what i posted earlier.

dry rolled oats = dry rolled oats.

it's just a smashed grain.. not much you can do to alter the caloric content.

>>35168571
for maintaining proper IGF-1 (aka human growth hormone) levels
>>
>>35168571
>literally thinking there is anything wrong with insulin response if you aren't pre-diabetic or diabetic

jesus christ...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC300772/
http://www.eattoperform.com/2013/03/16/human-growth-hormone-and-insulin-are-friends/
>>
i used to make scooby's bulking bars but the powered milk gave me acne. now i eat them raw or with water from time to time
>>
>>35168662
>not eating lean meat and veggies for breakfast
>>
>>35165903
>Wouldn't eating them raw be a nightmare on your throat?
Have you ever heard about this new thing called chewing?
>>
File: Quaker.gif (80KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
Quaker.gif
80KB, 800x550px
>>35168717
tell that to Quaker
>>
>>35166686
Is it bland yoghurt or one with fruits? And do you just put the oats into the yoghurt or mix yoghurt and walnuts into oatmeal?
>>
>>35168747
i save that for lunch and supper.
>>
>>35168771

I love how they feel the need to put a warning label on a bag of oats, "CONTAINS OAT INGREDIENTS."
>>
3 eggs and 2 potatoes every morning.

If I'm lucky, half-ass weekend me will premake burritos for the week.
>>
>>35165623
One cup rolled oats, two cups milk, cook until thick and creamy. A pinch of brown sugar, a handful of almonds/walnuts, a handful of frozen berries/dried fruits, a spoon of peanut butter, a few spoons of quark/Greek yogurt, some cinnamon powder, a scoop of vanilla whey. God-tier post-workout when bulking.
>>
File: 1.jpg (8KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8KB, 300x285px
>100g oats
>200g berrys
>add boiled water
Low tier I know, im lazy.
>>
I eat oats with my mouth and my glutes.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.