[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 6'1 and going into the marine corp, i only weigh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 6effad_5732645.jpg (464KB, 1964x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6effad_5732645.jpg
464KB, 1964x1200px
I'm 6'1 and going into the marine corp, i only weigh 135 and am fairly out of shape. I need your help to get me ready because im going in for recon and it has a 65% drop out rate. Ill put my heart and soul into this training i just need help, my ship date is April 25th 2016
>>
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>35163662
Hang on tight pupper
>>
bud/s warning order

https://web.archive.org/web/20150918225945/http://www.baseops.net/basictraining/navyseals/warningorder.html
>>
File: fullmoto.jpg (69KB, 496x750px) Image search: [Google]
fullmoto.jpg
69KB, 496x750px
>holocaust victim who can't spell Corps or find a better source of information than 4chan
You're sure to be top of your class in BRC.
>>
>>35163662
/fit/ won't help you.
Recon and most speciality units are entirely endurance based.
Can you continue to push until you can't give anymore?
Will you run or jog mile after mile, shutting off your brain and letting your body do what it needs to?
As far as upper body goes, Marines really only focus on pull ups.
Which is extremely easy to learn and build the basic mass required so you won't look like a faggot
>>
>>35163662
> hang on tight, pupper
>>
>>35163662
>April 25th 2016
Do couch to 5k and Starting Strength.
>>
>>35163662
>ship in 4 months
>fairly out of shape
>expecting to go Recon
Nope. Find a more reasonable goal, work towards that, gauge your natural abilities and interests and see where you are in a couple years. I'm assuming you're 18 or 19 judging by how silly your post is, so it's rash of you to just assume you're gonna get recon anyway. They don't just hand that shit out dog, you gotta have the scores and clearance for it too.
>>
>>35163662
>marine corp
>not Marine Corps
>or USMC
you're gonna get buttfucked anon
>>
>where do grunts come from daddy?
>from people like him
>>
I'm on the same positiona as you, except I'm pretty fit actually, only thing im lacking is running which, is the most important...
Just get the fuck moving, do couch to 5k and start doing a lot of bodyweight shit (calisthenics, look up routines to it), don't focus on gaining weight, i personally am struggling on the run now cause i have more 25 pounds than i used to. 23+ pullups, 100+ sit ups chill, 1.5 mile run in 11:20 sth like that, which is shit but WILL get better. you just have to put in the work, and don't quit
>>
>>35163922
And btw im a fucking 5'7 manlet which also contributes a bit to me being slower, but it's no excuse obviously
>>
>>35163786
I scored a 92 on my asvab and my recruiter is pushing me for recon so thats just what im doing
>>
File: 300 confirmed kills.jpg (81KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
300 confirmed kills.jpg
81KB, 600x300px
FIRST OFF
youre a fucking idiot. im going recon too and frankly you dont have a clue what youre getting yourself into
you need to be proficient (read: really fucking good) at rucking, running, and swimming, plus the calisthenics.
look up recon short card. you need to be able to basically do that thing twice in a row back to back with no breaks between exercises.
a 6 mile run or a 2 mile swim should be a weekly occurence, and not phase you very much.
your recruiter also sucks ass if youre 135 and out of shape and theyre pushing you for recon. what was your latest IST score? can you even run 1.5 miles??
>>
>>35163730
also this WILL help its gonna practically guarantee a great PFT score but you need to add some force marching or rucking at least once a week with 50 lbs in a rucksack
>>
>>35163922
my run speed is my weakness too mane
look up stew smith 3 mile program itll get your run down insanely fast but its brutal af
>>
>>35164208
Well that kinda changes the story, but it doesn't really change my point. Your recruiter is probably making some kinda of bonus or brownie points getting you to sign a recon contract. Doesn't matter to them whether you drop out or not, same thing in the Navy with Spec contracts and Nukes. Like I said, set a more realistic goal, focus at being better at your MOS and gaining rank and eval points, than that with you when you feel fully trained. And like >>35164251 said, there's clear evidence and examples of shit you need to be on par with before you even consider going, else you'll waste a chance with a week 2 drop or something.
>>
>>35164208
First, lift big and eat big. You're really small and really need to put on some muscle. Do SS and add pull-ups and push ups because pull ups are a great workout and you'll be doing both of those as a measurement of your fitness. You need to put on a good amount of weight, you can probably put on about 10-12 lbs by then without being a fatass considering how small you are right now. Second, you need to do lots of cardio. If you're not good at running already, do a couch to 5k program between lifting days, then work you're way up to a 10k. You won't have a lot of rest days between now and then, but if you manage to sick to that you should be ready to go in 4 months.
>>
>>35164251
Ok theres so much fucking bullshit in that little post I dont even know where to being, but here goes:

1. top of your class in the navy seals- I dont even think you graduated highschool.
2. Numerous secret raids on al quaeda- So what did bin ladens cock taste like?
3. 300 confirmed kills- Check my previous statement. Thats a lot of cocks.
4. Gorilla warfare? Its guerilla warfare you stupid fucking mouth breather.
5. Secret network of spies- I'll wait on my porch with a shotgun and a baseball bat for you and your boyfriends. Come at me bro.
6. The shit about the storm- yeah thats so fucking scary Im laughing. you should be a poet or something, fag.
7. I can kill you in over 700 ways. I dont care how many sex toys and buttplugs you have, Im not interested.
8. And thats just with my bare hands- If your mind is that set on getting me, you can use your mouth too.
9. Access to the arsenal of the marine corps- I thought you said you were a seal.

All in all, youre a fucking moron. Please dont besmirch the name of the Unites states armed forces by pretending to be one of them. Good day, faggot.
>>
>>35164273
Don't do ruck runs, you WILL fuck yourself up before even going to basic
>>
lol a majority of pogs in the marines are out of shape; source my pog ass self.

BTW you are not gonna be recon. I know a lot of fags who drop out of recon and guess where they go? Not infantry lol.

Anyways don't enlist it sucks ass go to school.
>>
>>35164301
He's trolling and spouting memes bro. Stop letting things hurt your butt so badly.
>>
>>35164283
Thanks a lot for the input man, appreciate it, the thing that worries me a lot too is my height honestly, I'm gonna have to push a lot because of it, but lets see... What are your counts in pull ups sit ups and run?
>>
>>35164305
>don't enlist it sucks ass go to school
~someone joined the wrong branch/MOS~
>>
File: 7f9.png (439KB, 504x732px) Image search: [Google]
7f9.png
439KB, 504x732px
>>35163662
I think I can give some advice on this.You are going to need to be eating more in general. Try to get most of your carbs as slow burning. You need to train stamina and endurance. Learn to shadowbox and get your 4 mile runs under 38 minutes. You will need dedication to do this but I believe you can do it if you stick with it. If you're gaining weight try not to fast before you run like sokme bodybuilders do, eat a banana around an hour before you begin training. God bless thanks for serving and hang on tight puppers
>>
>>35164290
>>35164290
sorry but going recon lifting weights is gonna hinder his recovery towards the running and swimming parts desu senpai
id recommend not lifting a single barbell if this is what you wanna do. except maybe deadlifts
having a big squat or bench wont help you in the slightest in BRC except making your body look better in cammies, and you dont have time for such a luxury.

>>35164302
not runs, marching. just a fast walking pace for like 3 or 4 miles at a time, hes gotta be able to do at least that just to get through regular bootcamp anyway

>>35164325
im at 18 pullups 108 crunches and 10:37 1.5 mile but i also weigh 220 lol your height is gonna make running harder but your swimming should be GOAT because of longer limbs, especially when you get fins
>>
Was in recon
You better get mentally tough
Or you gunna die and drop out
You gotta have will power and a mind to cancel pain, exhaustion, sleepiness...
Need to have heart
Be a natural leader and follower
Keep ur head on a swivel

Never above you
Never below you
Always beside you
>>
>>35164326
They pulled the ol switch aroo at MEPS.. Probably gonna lat move but yeah going to school is a better option regardless
>>
>>35164355
>>35164355
Damn you must be tall for that weight, if you dropped like 10 pounds you'd be faster I'm sure of it bro, nicece fucking numbers. Because of my height im really light even though I'm swole, i weigh 145 and i dropped almost 10 pounds from what i had in muscle just for running a bit faster, but inthink im gonna get them back, i can run and still have those 155 pounds it shouldnt hinder me much. Right now im in the gym doing mainly calis (cause i have no park :/ i moved out of my country just to join the marines and try to make into sof) and adding some lifting, mainky compounds
>>
>>35163662
Eat a lot, do a lot of PFTs, and I'll meet you on the island, beanpole.
>>
>>35164414
Ehh. Depends on your situation and what you're doing. Maybe it's the nature of cyber/IT in the military, but after going to a fancy CompSci program in New York City and getting probably a ton of job offers out of my sophomore year, I'd still recommend the shit out of enlisting. Money for College + benefits (even only after 4-6 years) + additional benefits from the reserves just make the service sound where more appealing. The training and education I got at Corry Station after 6 months was infinitely better than any fancy shit I got in NYC over the course of 2 years.
>>
>>35164355
>>35164429
Sorry for the writing, im on mobile i need to write fast...
>>
>>35163662
hang on tight, pupper
>>
>>35164355
Bro he's 6'1 and 135. He's a little boy. He needs to put on some mass.
>>
>>35163662
i feel like thats something a skelton cant hust go do, like if you wanna be recon you gotta be that kid thats muscly from sports and fighting his whole life, i dont want some skeleton protecting me from the hajis so i have to wish you bad luck
>>
>>35163662

hang on tight, pupper
>>
>>35163662
Sorry m8 you won't make recon.

>WWIII is brewing, you're skelly, and can't spell Corps

If you wanna help, do something you're good at

Sometimes you need to accept that dwarves can't play in the NBA and blind people can't be Uber drivers
>>
>>35163662
Hang on tight, pupper.
>>
RIProtein
>>
>>35164284
Hey I leave in May for Nuke and yeah dude, they push that shit on you so hard. I didn't know what I would pick while at MEPS and I talked to so many dudes there and got a feeling I would like to be with higher scoring guys than lower. That's not to way the lower scores were all retards. Anything I should know before going in cause you seem to have first hand experience?
>>
Im doing the same thing anon
This is the training regiment ive been on
Its not good for gains but at the end youll be able to lift heavier than everyone on this board
http://2commando.gov.au/images/2_cdo_regt_suggested_physical_training_workouts.pdf
>>
>>35163662
You shouldn't try to contract directly to recon, just be a grunt, if you're GT and PFT/CFT are good enough you'll be screened and invited, this will at least give you the option after basic and part of SOI of you think you can make it.
Recon is gay though, just grunt with more gear and money
Go raiders or one better go seals and actually get contracts.
Been doin this for 5 years, not as hard as you think
>>
>>35163746
This is simply not true. The pullups help with your PFT score, but that's it. And what about the CFT, where you have to do thrusters, body-drags, etc?

To do well on both the CFT and PFT, you have to be legit fit. But that's only a slice of what will get you into recon. Are you a great swimmer? Can you do random shit like run a fast 10k while holding a 40lb rock on your shoulder?

How about you set a reasonable goal for yourself. Work up the ladder. Survive being a boot in the 03 fleet. Start knowing your shit. Toughen your ass up (e.g. if you're going onto an internet forum asking how to get into recon...it says something about your current state of mind...you're not going to make recon).

Being a solid Marine is hard enough. Aim for that first. Recon isn't going away.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.