[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadlift form check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: deadlift-good-form-girl[1].jpg (77KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift-good-form-girl[1].jpg
77KB, 500x490px
ima gym noobie. 185 is my current dl.

but decided to do just 1 plate so i could see if i understand good form. what am i doing wrong? thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1xeYc0b-uU&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>35162905
Looks fine. If anything, keep your spine/neck neutral. Don't be staring at the mirror all the time--only once you get upright enough
>>
>>35162990
ill pay attention to this next time i go in, thanks.
>>
chest up ass down you look like a retarded girl trying to stick her ass out and get attention
>>
>>35162905
nothing majorly bad breh, just don't wear pyjamas to the gym k?
>>
>>35162905
looks pretty good, >>35162990 has good points.
>>
>>35163054
i suppose it does look a bit how you describe.

>>35163108
idk if i could do that
>>
>>35162990
This is the main thing right here. Made a world of difference for me.
>>
>>35162905
You're using your back almost entirely to lift the weight, you need more leg drive and to lower your ass more.
>>
>>35163166
ya working on being able to recruit both muscle groups for the lift, while staying focused on form at the same time
>>
File: 1448095574836.jpg (36KB, 467x299px) Image search: [Google]
1448095574836.jpg
36KB, 467x299px
>>35162905
>neckbeard
>ironic manly beard
>glasses
>fucking pajamas
>lmao1plat
>Never seen an ass that high in a deadlift before

I never asked for these lels
>>
>>35162905
bro please squat down a little bit. your back is like in pendlay row position
>>
>>35163198
Well he's asking for advice, not saying HEY LOOK AT HOW BADASS I AM.

Easy to spot social rejects.
>>
>>35162905
use your hips bic boi. main stress of lifting the weight should be in the glutes and hamstrings, and right now you're overextending your back and picking up too much of the stress in the t-spine. keep your spine neutral and think about squeezing your ass so your hips extend forward and you hump the bar. hip height is actually pretty good atm though. think ass to the wall behind you and top of your head to the wall in front of you. fold yourself over, and then extend through the glutes.
>>
>start thread with deadlift-good-form.jpg
>post vid NOTHING LIKE the jpg
>any advice???
>>
dude come on, are you deadlifting in fucking pyjamas, load your hamstrings you creepy fuck
>>
File: laughing old yeller.jpg (93KB, 755x696px) Image search: [Google]
laughing old yeller.jpg
93KB, 755x696px
>>35162905
>manlet
>pajamas
>shit form
>neck beard

you'll fit right in LMAO
>>
>>35163220
lol its fine, i find it in good fun
>>
>>35163220
Just because he's asking for advice doesn't mean the video wasn't hilariously unexpected whiteknight fag
>>
>>35163266
im surprised you didnt say anything about my long hair desu senpai
>>
>>35162905
you form is not "fine" . and your neck position is the least of your worries right now.
please go watch mark rippetoe tutorials on how to deadlift on youtube.
dont listen to these jackoffs here who snapback Deadlift 3plate for max.
>>
>>35163344
ill watch it
>>
Activate your lats to keep the bar pressed against your legs the whole time, letting the bar dangle like that causes you to arch your back more
>>
>>35162905

Start lower to keep your back from moving as much and to keep the bar closer to your legs, push back with your heels, and guide the bar up your shins. As is, the bar is not creating a straight
line along the center of mass that you're creating with the weight.
>>
>>35162905
drop your hips fuckboi. also neutral spine (stop looking UP!)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.