[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Muscles and joints get slightly damaged >Muscles and joints

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Compressoin.png (113KB, 1483x534px) Image search: [Google]
Compressoin.png
113KB, 1483x534px
>Muscles and joints get slightly damaged
>Muscles and joints rebuilt and slightly overcompensated for the damage
>Gains

>Compression decreases damage?
>Compression increases work required for same gains?

Does anyone know more about the mechanism that could support or disprove this?
>>
Bumpan
>>
Compression generally helps heal muscles not damage them.

Compression wear just makes you a little bit less sore the next day.
>>
>>35162460
But the damage is what leads to hypertrophy, so does the compression reduce the effect of training along with the "soreness"?
>>
>>35162535
The compression does little to prevent hypertrophy and muscle "damage". It only presents joint damage and helps with blood pressure and bit. Unless its like a lifting suit. And thats hardly deemed as compression.
>>
Wearing a belt and knee wraps will destroy your back and legs gains from squats and deads.
Muscles need to breathe for hypertrophy to occur.
>>
>>35162535
I doubt it would have any appreciable effect.

Also, there are other things that promote hypertrophy other than muscle damage.
>>
>>35162554
That makes no sense. The belt doesnt help you perform the lift, it provides core stability. Same with the knee wraps. It provides joint specific support, it doesnt assist in moment.
>>
>>35162554
Muscles need to breathe? Lol Wut? Pretty sure if a muscle goes through movement, it doesnt matter whats surrounding it for "work" to have happened and hypertrophy to occur.
>>
>>35162598
When human muscles become fatigued oxygen is absorbed from the air so they can grow and keep going.
>>
>>35162664
What does wrapping one's knees and putting a belt on have to do with one's muscle's ability to perform anaerobic and aerobic respiration?
>>
>>35162664
A person's surface area: less than 2m^2, in passive contact with the air.
A person's lung surface area: 60m^2, with air actively pumped over it and a specialized transpiring structure.

You are literally retarded.
>>
>>35162664
And you do realize that anaerobic strength training is generally considered better for hypertrophy correct? Just go back to lurking until you learn about the human body.
>>
>>35162664
Hang on, I think this might be the confusion. You know the lungs absorb oxygen for the body to use correct?
>>
>>35162707
The skin is the largest organ, are you retarded?
>>
>>35162554
Kekking at everyone falling for this obvious troll.
>>
>>35162735
>mammals are able to use their skin as a respiratory surface. They also have lungs.
>wikipedia-gas diffusion
>>
>>35162848
The amount of O2 absorbed throught the skin is negligible. And the amount of useable oxygen taken from the absorption is virtually non-existent. How can you be this thick? You can workout covered in a hoodie, sweat pants, and workboots, and your rate of aerobic respiration will not change. All useable O2 is absorbed through the lungs. Holy fuck. Are you 12?
>>
>>35162915
Please, go read a goddamn book. You're so fucking retarded. How are you even alive?
>>
>>35162915
If you really do believe this, go hold your breath for an hour. You'll be fine, you breath through your skin aparently. Lol
>>
>>35162877
>troll

Studies have been done comparing bodybuilders lifting in environments with different oxygen content.

The one who lifted in a pure oxygen environment naked had 135% more muscle gained in a year than the one who lifted clothed in normal air.
>>
>>35162915
http://www.biol.unt.edu/~burggren/pdfs/1985/%2849%29Feder,Burggren1985BR.pdf
>1.4% of CO2 loss in humans.
>0% of O2 uptake.

wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg
>>
>>35162950
>putting a person into a pure oxygen environment

BULLLLLLLLLLSHIT DETECTED
>>
>>35162945
The skin can only absorb oxygen not the ions and other charged particles found in our atmosphere. Without breathing in the ions I wouldn't have the necessary electrical current needed to fire my nerves and maintain the Krebs cycle.
>>
File: 1448993374659.gif (920KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1448993374659.gif
920KB, 245x230px
>>35162978
There is so much wrong with this I cant even begin to explain. Just take a biology class.....You'll learn a lot.
>>
File: 1449085375375.jpg (131KB, 525x809px) Image search: [Google]
1449085375375.jpg
131KB, 525x809px
>>35162978
>>
>>35162966
How would you know? People breath pure oxygen every day, scuba divers, accident victims, old people....

What Big pharma doesn't want you to know is that if you lived in pure oxygen instead of just breathing it you would never have health problems again.

How do you explain dinosaurs and the Giants of biblical days? Our atmosphere was almost pure oxygen in those days!
How do you think Noah was 33ft tall and lived for over 900 years? Its the oxygen.
>>
>>35162992
>mainstream science

The same people who used to endorse mercury and lobotomies as medicine?

No thanks m8
>>
>>35163026
Not true. They breathe a mixture of O2, nitrogen, and many other gasses found in our atmosphere.
>>
>>35163038
Hahahaha. Keep being wrong then. I cant belive people like this still exist.
>>
>>35163043
Who do you think mixes the gases for the tanks?
BIG PHARMA!
Wake up sheep.

The people(if you define hybrids as people) in charge wouldn't be able control humanity if we ascended to our true potential through ion charged pure oxygen.
A sick manlet who dies at 80 is a child to them, a 40ft Truman who lives over a millennium is their superior, do the math.
>>
File: Taiwan-conspiracy-theories.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Taiwan-conspiracy-theories.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>35163114
Please kill yourself....
>>
>>35163178
Agent of the Deros detected. I'd tell you to do the same but I know you lack free will from being exposed to a beam from a polar negative crystal device. Tell your masters below the earth that the free men of the land do not stand for tyranny
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nl9vhgvxdY1rlkf3f.png (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nl9vhgvxdY1rlkf3f.png
42KB, 500x501px
>>35163217
>>
>>35162251
Some studies have seen that compression aids in recovery somewhat, however they were mostly inconclusive. It doesnt stop muscle breakdown, though.

Mostly it just keeps you warmer, which helps avoid injury.
>>
>>35162664
>>35162707
not to mention the primary function of skin is to generally keep separate our guts from the environment. if we exchanged gasses through our skin we'd be susceptible to a lot more diseases.

sorry anon i'm not sure if your theory holds water.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.