[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody said I had super long femurs. Is he right, and if so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 20151206_215415-1.jpg (3MB, 1517x3296px) Image search: [Google]
20151206_215415-1.jpg
3MB, 1517x3296px
Somebody said I had super long femurs.

Is he right, and if so how do i squat properly? I'm having trouble getting to depth.
>>
File: depth.png (3MB, 1916x1045px) Image search: [Google]
depth.png
3MB, 1916x1045px
pic is the lowest I can get, and my ankles are put in a very dangerous position to achieve this.
>>
>>35161507
Point feet and knees out a little more
See if that helps
>>
>>35161495
Your calf's are legit as big as your thighs wtf
>>
>>35161552

Oh I used to be like 85 kg but I lost like 20kg. I hear being an exfatty gives you big calves, right?

>>35161549

Okay. And thats not dangerous? All the form tips for squats I've read say they have to be facing straight ahead.
>>
>>35161507
stretch and stretch and stretch, you are going into a buttwink (at least that's what it looks like to me) when you've barely broken parallel and that def should not be happening
>>
>>35161596

Stretch what? My ankles?
>>
>>35161507
you don't need to go any lower unless you really care about the ATG meme
>>
>>35161495
I have the same thing in that my forearms are longer than normal, but the bone above is shorter than normal. With that, my arms are normal length.

I discovered this when a buddy and I were bored and we'd always wondered why I always naturally had big biceps. The physics being the long forearms making leverage more difficult, making all lifting slightly more strenuous.
>>
>>35161609
Not him, but buttwink is generally caused by tight hamstrings.
Also because your upper legs are fairly long, your knees will have to come more forward than average. This means you will have to have loose ankles. Or you could try lifting with raised heels (put a plate under your heels or wear oly lifting shoes.
>>
>>35161609
that probably too, but also hamstrings and lower back and try the couch stretch.
also you can try widening your stance, cause it looks like your feet are less than shoulder width apart. try squatting with feet slightly more apart than shoulder width and then maybe narrow the stance
>>
>>35161590
Nononononooo
Point your feet out at an angle, play around with it and watch as all pain and depth issues disappear
>>
>>35161590
No you want your feet at am angle of around 30 degrees or so. Mark rippetoe has a good video series on how to do it. I think this is the first video, on my phone so I didn't check https://youtu.be/kawBY5p29fQ
>>
>>35161633
" The physics being the long forearms making leverage more difficult, making all lifting slightly more strenuous."

Oh boy, try to bring this up in any manlet thread
>>
>>35161752

Why would forearm length matter on bench press?

All that matters is the perpendicular distance, and forearms dont change that.
>>
>>35161752
Why? I don't even browse those threads.
>>
>>35161843
what
>>
>>35161843
>making all lifting
I fucked up with that choice of wording. What I mean is all sorts of lifting, including everyday stuff, that uses bicep energy.

Using my potentially wrong layman's logic, those sorts of things are naturally tougher, thus better bicep gains.

Got a feeling my theory isn't going to be well received in /fit/.
>>
>>35161873

Its like high-school physics.

Moment = force * perpendicular distance from pivot

>>35161878

Right, that makes more sense. I mean, its still a little brosciency for me, but I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>35161892
>little brosciency
Yeah, it might be. Always seemed sound in my head, and explained why I always had big arms when I used to not do anything physical very often.
>>
>>35161609
No, you hips and groin area.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.