[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clean Bulk Diet and Regime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: pyramid.jpg (85KB, 650x557px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid.jpg
85KB, 650x557px
I am looking for tweaks or recommendations for my current winter clean bulk diet.

I am on a 500 - 750 calorie surplus, I'm looking to gain about .5 pounds a week, I eat plenty of greens, for carbs I eat potatoes, brown rice, and nuts, my proteins come from fish, lean turkey, lean chicken, sometimes lean red meats, and protein shakes

I am currently playing with my nutrients split.
Currently, 20/10/70 C/F/P

As for regime I am current doing PHAT, with some additions and tweaks and every so many weeks I switch it out for another regime then go back again after awhile.
>>
where the fuck is the question?
>>
>>35160031
>lean red meats
Stopped reading there, if you care so much about lean proteins source you should turn to lupine seeds, 3rd of it's weight is pure proteins.

Highest amount of proteins from non animal source from what i understand.
>>
>>35160031
>20/10/70 C/F/P

What the fuck
>>
>>35160418
>"I am looking for tweaks or recommendations for my current winter clean bulk diet."

Learn to read, I am looking for tweaks and recommendations.

>>35160446
Never heard of Lupine Seeds I will be looking into it.

>>35160466
Are you confused by what I am illustrating or why those are my percents?
>>
>>35160569
Why in God's name would you eat 70% protein
>>
>>35160598
No particular reason, just messing around with the amounts. I use to use 30/10/60, 25/15/60, and 35/15/50. Just trying to find the best to bulk
>>
>>35160031
Also since I traditionally use PHAT and recommendations for another to rotate to?
>>
>>35160396
750 calorie surplus is way too much, and even 500 might be a bit high if your lifts are advanced enough to be on PHAT. I'd say a 400 calorie surplus would be good unless you don't mind getting unnecessarily fatter for diminishing returns.

Also, why so much fucking protein? Not that protein is bad, but 70% seems excessive for any macro.

>>35160446
>highest of any non animal source

Yet animal sources still blow it the fuck out. Vegans need to leave.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-06-14-33-11.png (155KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-06-14-33-11.png
155KB, 720x1280px
>>35160446
Also A) your claim only applies to the dry weight of the seeds, which I've noticed is a common vegan misdirection tactic, and B) the protein to calorie ratio on these beans is basically identical to that of eggs, which is really unimpressive.
>>
>>35161061
Thanks, I will keep it around 400 and see how that works. Honestly, I was over-killing to compensate for the low car and low fat I wanted in the diet along with making sure I got enough, even though I knew it was overkill. I will be pushing it down some and putting some good carbs in.
>>
>>35160031
Any recommendations for macro balance?
>>
>>35160031
To think they actually taught that pyramid in schools...
>>
File: sealthedeal.gif (3MB, 374x288px) Image search: [Google]
sealthedeal.gif
3MB, 374x288px
>>35160031
WTF is the point in a food pyramid? We don't use them in the UK so I never learned how to read them.

Anyway, my diet:

Aiming for 2500 cals; 40/40/20 split
6foot1, 75kgs male

Breakfast:
>3 eggs
>banana

Post workout snack:
>2 scoops
>600ml soya milk
>apple

Lunch:
>Chicken Breast
>1 cup brown rice
>1 cup brocolli

Snack:
>2 scoops
>600ml soya milk
>apple

Dinner:
>Chicken breast
>1 cup brown rice
>1 cup brocolli

Cals: 2006
fat: 55g
carbs: 180g
protein: 236g

I'm really short on cals but I have no idea how to fit more in. Advice?
>>
>>35161477
Eat some more fruits and veggies, god damn bruv.
>>
>>35161516
Really? I thought 1 banana, 2 apples and 2 cups brocolli was enough
>>
>>35161477
how do you like the soya milk?
>>
>>35161540
Not really man. Plus if you need more calories then that should be an easy way to get more of both.
>>
>>35161675
2 scoops of chocolate whey isolate, though I like it without. I'm lactose intolerant and it's pretty much like milk as far as I can tell.

>>35161688
Alright, fair enough. I'll get some carrots and stuff to add to my dinner. Maybe some more fruit for desert
>>
>>35161706
Which isolate do you use? I couldn't stand the one I used to use.
>>
>>35161754
GoNutrition Whey Isolate 90. Sometime the triple chocolate option, though the strawberry one is good too.

Really low in lactose which helps me avoid protein farts at work
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>35160031
250 caloric surplus would be a .5 lb. a week gain
>those macros
>kek

Carbs are the best source of energy. Low carb bulk isn't going to keep you shredded if that's the idea you have.
.25 grams of fat per lb of bodyweight
.7 - 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight
fill the rest of your macros with carbs to meet your surplus.
>>
>>35161767
What do you think of the taste?

>>35161830
It was more a broscience guess and check. Never used the .25 grams for fat equation before, I'll give that a try
>>
>>35161926
I know I asked the Isolate question already, but is it chalking at or anything?
>>
>>35161477
your only veggie is broccoli, are you even trying?
oats with nuts
spinach and kale make a fucking salad
>>
>>35160816
anything more than 30 is outright pointless, you realize your body can't absorb that much right? excess protein is worthless
>>
>>35164330
How do you figure?
>>
>>35164330
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY WON'T THIS IGNORANT MEME JUST DIE ALREADY?! REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: a good friend.jpg (73KB, 663x657px) Image search: [Google]
a good friend.jpg
73KB, 663x657px
>>35164330
>>35164380
>>35164393

while 30 grams of protein is a troll number for daily intake, if you weigh 200 pounds and are looking to bulk, going for the 200 grams of protein a day prescribed by fit is not only pointless, but massively expensive and you will eventually reach a wallet-based ceiling

>carb intake dictate bulks, as you should not worry quite so much about your bodyfat percentage
>HIIT cardio will keep you from going into ugly mode with your bodyfat

In my experience, not changing much for your diet in terms of protein intake is fine, but if you eat 2-3 bananas a day its a source of good complex carbs and helps you reach your surplus macros necessary. Then again I just ate a cadbury caramel doughnut as a bulking treat so what do I know
>>
>>35164636
>going for the 200 grams of protein a day prescribed by fit is not only pointless, but massively expensive and you will eventually reach a wallet-based ceiling

What? I'm a complete poorfag student and getting 200 grams of protein is stupid cheap. Pork is usually around a buck a pound, and a pound of that is around a hundred grams of protein. Chicken is even cheaper, as is high protein shit like cottage cheese and whey. I'm not sure what it's like where you live, but protein is not expensive for me in the slightest, fruits and vegetables are.

I also don't think that amount of protein is pointless. Some studies have shown that as much as 2.2 grams of protein power kg of weight netted additional recovery benefits for athletes and lifters, and not everybody wants to eat a ton of carbs to hit their calories. I myself prefer protein or fats since too many carbs bloats me big time. I don't know why there's been such a reversal of people hating on moderately high protein consumption.
>>
>>35164636
So, being as I am trying to clean bulk a few extra bananas should be good?
>>
>>35164779

I have no idea where you live, but in 99% of the western world pork is not a buck a pound.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.