[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Complete stagnation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: 1449142483780.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449142483780.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
So here's the deal.

I'm entering my 6th month of gym membership.

I only gained 5 pounds in those 6 months.

I eat 500kcals above maintenance. I used to neglect lunch and dinner two years ago, I was at roughly 103lbs at 5'10. I've started eating, then picked up the gym. But the gym never really did anything for me. My lifts are bitchmade.

What should I eat to progress /fit/?
>>
GOMAD MR SKELLINGTON
>>
>>35155643
>>
>>35155637
Look here retard, if you only gained 5 lbs in 6 months you DID FUCKING NOT eat a 500 cal surplus. I dont understand how yoi cant see something this fucking obvious and fix it within a month. 500cal surplus means an lb a week
>>
>>35155637
Post how you normally eat.. I doubt you're eating enough..
>>
>>35155637
Don't blame your eating.
You are straight up not lifting.

Read the sticky.
Just do SS. With additional pull-ups.
Don't GOMAD, but drink an extra cup of milk a day.
And eat a little more than you are now. Buy a natural peanut butter and consume it over a week, make sure no added sugar and no added salt.
If you are close to the food you claim to be sting, that little extra should do the trick.

Again. Concentrate on lifting. If your routine is three days a week, add a fourth day of accessories. Lift for volume, as heavy as you can to get 15 reps, but only do 10 reps each set. For 5 sets.
Do a row. Arnold press. A bicep curl. A tricep extension. Leg press. Super set the bis&tris.
Do push-ups and an ab exercise in between lifts.
Move this fourth day around in your routine. Sometimes early in the week, or later. Not the day before or after deadlifts.
That on top of your SS and increased food intake should force some growth. If not, see a doctor for bloods, test might be low.

Make sure sleep is adequate.
Man the fuck up and put in the work.
If you don't work hard, you won't grow, and the eating big will only make your belly big.
>>
>>35155637

Don't train every day.

Don't do circuits, do sets in a row of the same exercise.

Don't do cardio.

Do splits, focus on some muscles one day and others another day.

Eat enough protein: meat, eggs, protein shake, 50 grams a day.
>>
>>35155637
>I eat 500kcals above maintenance.
no
>>
You should be eating around 2700 Cal a day. If you're eating less you're not eating.
>>
>>35156918
this is the worst collection of broscience I've ever witnessed here
Some cardio actually helps.
>http://www.strengtheory.com/avoiding-cardio-could-be-holding-you-back/
>http://www.strengtheory.com/cardio-hypertrophy/
Splits don't help at all. You should hit almost every muscle group every time, in different ways. E.g. leg strength day is core endurance day and vice versa; biceps strength day is triceps endurance day and vice versa.
The "don't do circuits" is completely inane, circuits are GOAT for optimizing your training. Supersets are entirely a different thing.
The "don't train every day" is bullshit too; whilst at least one day/week of complete rest is nice, the most important thing is have 8 hrs sleep and consistency/schedule.
>50 grams a day of proteins
I take 100g with legumes only.

I wish teen DYEL were not shitposting on a /fit/ board, but I guess it's asking too much on a anonymous sardinian goat milking forum
>>
>>35157066
>Splits don't help at all. You should hit almost every muscle group every time, in different ways.

I did that for 7 months and didn't improve much. The result was that I was far too exhausted to work out any particular group to its potential. I did a circuit and 2 rounds. I hit every muscle group. It took an hour and a half to complete, and it was more cardio than muscle training.

It's a no-gainer routine, ask others.

>The "don't do circuits" is completely inane, circuits are GOAT for optimizing your training.

I did for 7 months and have little to show for it.

>The "don't train every day" is bullshit too;

I am physically unable to train the same muscles a day after, simply because I'm recovering. If you can train the same stuff the following day, you didn't train hard enough.

>, the most important thing is have 8 hrs sleep and consistency/schedule.

Bro science.

>I take 100g with legumes only.

Non-animal protein are less efficient.
>>
>>35157066
>broscience

It's straight from Rippetoe and Kilgore, you ignorant fool.
>>
>>35157066

Can someone knowledgeable discuss this?
>>
>>35157323
Since when did they advocate for 50g of protein or to do splits?
>>
You are not eating a 500 calorie surplus. You have seriously miscalculated it somewhere alone the line and you need to eat at least a few hundre calories per day more.

If you're 108lbs you should be eating around 2500 calories per day, assuming that you are very sedentary. Obviously eat more if you're quite active.

That being said though, don't make the same mistake I did when I was in your position - make sure you don't gain weight too quickly or it'll be mostly fat and it will be the biggest regret of your life knowing how much better it would be in every way if you would have just clean bulked.
>>
File: confusecruise.webm (778KB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
confusecruise.webm
778KB, 406x300px
>>35156918
>50 grams.
>>
>>35157435
Can't write for shit, can't read the OP either.

Why do I even come here. You fucking morons are a joke.

OP you need to eat more, /thread.
>>
>>35157431
>Since when did they advocate for 50g of protein or to do splits?

Don't they advocate splits?
>>
>>35157451

What's wrong with that? I'm talking protein powder.
>>
>>35157471
I could be misunderstanding here but by split i'm understanding a bro-split and they never advocate that.
Rippetoe in PPST3 says something along the lines that a program needs to have at least 5-6 compound barbell lifts to be good he also always has a huge fear of overtraining.

As for the 50g of protein he'd probably tell you his shit has more grams of protein as that's too low.
>>
>>35155890
Listn to this anon.

If you gained 5lb in 6m, you gained 0.2lb a week. That means you were only at a 100cal surplus. You need to eat 400cal more than you are now. Although that may further speed up your metabolism so keep adjusting.
>>
>>35157512
>a program needs to have at least 5-6 compound barbell lifts to be good he also always has a huge fear of overtraining.

Which would work with having a rest day between each session. I only have some DB, no BB for me, but I do have that many compounds to my routine.

What's a bro split exactly?

I used to do a full body routine, but /fit/ told me to split so I could get better results with each muscle group and work out more often.

My new routine works better in every way. I can do way more volume by splitting and doing lower body exercises on another day, while my upper bod recovers.
>>
>>35157516

He probably burned it all with cardio. That's my guess, he burned 400kcal with cardio and that leaves 100kcal for the gains.
>>
>>35157323
Nothing in >>35156918 has ever been advocated by Rippetoe, you glamorous faggot.
>>
>>35157537
>I used to do a full body routine, but /fit/ told me to split so I could get better results with each muscle group and work out more often.
Jokes on you, you took that "advice" seriously. Next time you'll do some more serious research. Some subreddits and academic papers are your friends.
>>
>>35157727
>Jokes on you, you took that "advice" seriously.

You don't get it: I've done circuit for 7 months.

Now I do splits and I can already feel the difference.

Am I being trolled?

I took my circuit routine from a YouTuber.
>>
>>35157696

Except the 5x5 stuff is from him and it isn't intended to be done daily.

BTFO?
>>
>>35157769
>I took my circuit routine from a YouTuber.
Are you a nigger?
>>
http://scoobysworkshop.com/starting-strength-by-mark-rippetoe/

>Scooby appears

He calls Rippetoe full of shit.

>>35157834

No, but I was once new to this and I had nothing better to go from and no knowledge of anything. Any program is better than no program. Then I came here and asked about it and was given a better one, which you guys are also saying is shit.

All this contradictory stuff makes me think few of you know what's up.
>>
"First, a word of warning about this book and Mark Rippetoe. There is an almost cult-like following of SS and its followers perpetrate the myths associated with it. Its quite likely that you heard of Mark Rippetoe’s SS program on some forum where people were touting the “incredible gains” possible with it – don’t believe them! Starting Strength is a good program but its not magical like the anecdotes seem to indicate. Its gains are no better or no worse than similar programs. Every report I have seen of someone having “great” results was because they didn’t know how to measure their progress accurately. Mark Rippetoe claims that it is reasonable to expect 31lbs of LBM gain in 11 weeks using his program, this is pure fantasy and its a cruel trick to mislead teens to think they can achieve this.. His irresponsible and exaggerated marketing claims are the reason I have put him in my Fitness Hall of Shame. The issue is, if the author is willing to use exaggeration to sell the book, how do you know when to believe them and when not to? Its really too bad that Mark Rippetoe has insisted on sticking to these inflated expectations. Not only has it gotten him the harsh criticism of well respected fitness experts like Lyle McDonald but it has soiled the reputation of his otherwise good book as well."

Scooby

>u mad?
>>
>>35157431
>>35157696

Quoted DIRECTLY FROM RIPPETOE'S FUCKING BOOK:

For first 2-3 weeks:
AxBxAxx BxAxBxx AxBxAxx
A= squat, press, deadlift
B= squat, bench press, deadlift
x= rest day

What does that look like to you, you absolute fucking pieces of shit? Are you trying to troll noobs? Or are you fucking retarded?
>>
>Rippetoe advises 6000kcal a day

Wew, lad. That's fucking crazy.
>>
>>35157904
that's a sample schedule for clueless noobs training 2/3 times a week.

>>35157798
Aside from the consideration that SS is a horrible meme and a terrible advice, ***nothing*** in >>35156918 has ever been advocated by Rippetoe (thank you for confirming that)

>>35157850
Greyskull LP w/ some bodyweight
>>
>>35157865
That old fuck is an engineer. He has absolutely no fucking knowledge regarding strength lifts. HE'S ADVOCATING A SQUAT WITH A SKATEBOARD FOR FUCKS SAKE!
>>
>>35157940
Guy is all about strength I mean Hepburn and other strength competitors used to 10,000 calories a day.
>>
>>35157904
SS is not a fucking split you nigger, that's a full body 3x times a week what the fucking fuck is this.
>>
>>35157950
>that's a sample schedule for clueless noobs training 2/3 times a week.

It's SS.

I just showed you splits by Rippetoe.
>>
>>35158064
>That old fuck is an engineer. He has absolutely no fucking knowledge regarding strength lifts.

Scooby? His body speaks for him. Rippetoe, however, looks like a retired engine.
>>
>>35158161
>used to 10,000 calories a day.

You just get fat with that. I'm eating 2000kcal a day and I'm putting way too much weight on already. Gonna have to eat less.
>>
>>35158432
Scooby is on TRT you fuck.
>>
>>35158472

So what do you do yourself?
>>
>>35158419
>I just showed you splits
Those are not splits.
>>
>>35158514

What the hell?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

These aren't splits? What am I getting wrong then?
>>
>>35158562
>>35158177
>>
>>35158562
Splits refer to hitting different parts on diffrents days
Monday chest
Tuesday back
Wensday legs
Thursday shoulders
Friday arms
Saturday cuddles with bf
Sunday shitposton /fit/ about ttfwno ggains
>>
>>35158443
Yeah but that guy used to Overhead press 380 lbs like it's nothing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs8svOg9c9o.

>I'm eating 2000kcal a day and I'm putting way too much weight on already
What ? Even my 130 lb gf doesn't put on that much when bulking on 2000 cals a day. How thin are you bro?
>>
>>35158900

Pretty thin but with a pot belly.
>>
File: 1448144755084.jpg (40KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
1448144755084.jpg
40KB, 680x848px
>>35155637
>I only gained 5 pounds in those 6 months.
>I eat 500kcals above maintenance.
PICK ONE
>>
File: 1331989085494.jpg (31KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
1331989085494.jpg
31KB, 299x288px
>>35158845
>Wensday
>>
Just eat more you dense mentally deficient disgrace
>>
>>35157510
You phrased it wrong you fucking imbecile

Eat between 1,5-2g protein per BW KG, there I fixed it for you
>>
>>35155637
WHO ARE THESE GIRLS?
>>
>>35159575
>You phrased it wrong you fucking imbecile

Did I? I said to take 50 grams a day, which is what I take. I weigh 75 kilos. Sounds like too much shake to take 2 g per k.

Relax, faggot.
>>
>>35159609
You fucking retard, its the total intake per day
>>
>>35159609
>75 kg and eating 50 gram of protein per day

Topkek lightweight and eating like a lil bitch advising people
>>
>>35159638

Wew, lad.
>>
>>35159667

Someone needs to give advice since the likes of you only shit on everyone else, you fucking edgelord.
>>
1.4-1.8g protein/kg of BW

everything else is surplus to requirement, I dont calorie count I more or less eat what I want
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.