[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit, How do you guys not get board of eating the same food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ineedhelp.png (16KB, 802x594px) Image search: [Google]
ineedhelp.png
16KB, 802x594px
Hey /fit,
How do you guys not get board of eating the same food every day (i.e chicken breast, sweet potato, veggies, etc). I've tried eating clean for two months but to my dismay, I always go back to eating like shit. Idk, I think it's the fact that I live in a house full of obese men. I really want to be aesthetic and fit but I lack the will power.
Please help, thanks.
>>
> tried eating clean
> eating clean
> clean

Go back to reddit
>>
>>35154919
I just give in to the occasional craving, but I also never crave total garbage so maybe that's a bad example.
>>
Honestly it's very hard to do when everyone around you eats like shit
>>
I learned how to make my food tastey. And I also learned how to not be a glutton who needs tastey food all the time. I've been eating the same foods for the last 3 years

eating different shit is fun when I go out, but I like having my fundamental staples each day. feels comfy
>>
>>35154964
whats your daily meal plan for the past 3 years? cause I have no freaking idea what I can add to make chicken tasty
>>
>>35154978

ehh don't feel like listing it all, but I replaced chicken breasts with chicken thighs and learned how to cook them in different ways.

I can make soups out of them, I can fry them, I can do whatever I want with them. Learn to use spices and learn to cook.

fatty meats > shitty dry white meats
>>
>>35155017
alright man, appreciate the reply.
>>
>>35155017

one secret for chicken thighs is to boil them for like an hour or two, in some sort of broth, until they are SOFT AS FUCK.

Then you can separate them from the broth and refrigerate them. When you're hungry pull out a couple, take the bones out, then fry them up in a bit of oil and seasoning.

The exterior will get crispy and tastey and when you bite into them they'll be soft-as-fuck and chewy.

learn to cook and spice up your foods with flavors
>>
>>35155033
That actually delicious dude! what spice's do you think goes good with chicken?
>>
>>35155039

taco seasoning + ketchup is a good and simple start.
>>
Starting this road I realized not all meals are meant to be enjoyed they are just there to fill your stomach and give you the energy to get going. Rarely I have a day that I slightly barf while eating my morning oats but I keep going because it is just fucking breakfast and it isn't such a big deal if you don't dine the fuck out everyday. My coworkers have asked me the same thing but honestly I don't mind, my life does not revolve around what I want to eat for breakfast or lunch.
>>
> not doing IIFYM
> 2015

You'll never make it
>>
>>35154919
>what are spices
there are literally dozens of ways to prepare a chicken
just buy a rack of spices and experiment a little
I personally don't give a shit and eat my veggies and chicken basically unspiced and unsalted, but seriously, just google some recipes it's not like it's hard to cook
>>
File: anton-ego.png (200KB, 559x682px) Image search: [Google]
anton-ego.png
200KB, 559x682px
>>35154919

>the only clean food in the entire world is steamed chicken breast, brocolli and brown rice).

What's beef, pork, fish, veggies, curries, other cuts of chicken, stews, soy, sandwiches, cheeses, protein bars, fajitas and other shit again?

Get the fuck back to reddit if you can't properly cook other types of food that gives lots of protein as well (easy 250g protein per 3000 calories).
>>
There are so many ways to prepare food, just for variety's sake. For chicken, brine and/or marinade. Use spices, herbs, onions/shallots, sauces, lemon juice, white wine, etc. alternate between baking in oven and frying in a pan, or on a grill... Butterfly, shred, dice. If bulking, you can even stuff them with cheese. You can use tortilla wraps to make fajitas, you can make chicken pizza, you can deep fry them and make chicken fingers from time to time. Also get turkey breasts. And fish/seafood, red meat... Lamb is delicious. Anything you can do to change the texture, taste, shapes, etc. and not get bored/keep cooking exciting and fun. It'll also impress qts.

How can you eat the same veggies everyday? There are so many of them. Then same as with chicken, experiment with how you prepare them, come up with different mixes every time, etc. Make smoothies, salads, etc. Use nuts and seeds. Look for any recipes using avocados, chickpeas, bell peppers, kale, celery, olives, etc and learn from exotic cooking.

You can make sweet potato fries by baking them with a bit of olive oil. You can make mashed puree with a bit of milk, etc. For starches and grains, there are a lot of underrated options besides sweet potatoes or brown rice. Lentils, quinoa, bulgur, semolina, soba noodles, black rice. Fresh egg pasta or whole wheat pasta are good also and come in many shapes and sizes.
>>
>>35154919
You just don't want it bad enough
>>
I can cook amd generally handle fresh ingredients.
>>
>>35154978
Not him but I use different spices on chicken before grilling it--one of my favorites is McCormick rotisserie chicken spice. Also I use hot sauce/sriracha like a mufucka.

Switch up your vegetables, it doesn't always have to be broccoli. Squash is delicious, beets are good for a change of taste.

If I get a craving for junk I eat a serving of goldfish (slowly) and it's only ~140 calories.
>>
I grew up in a poor household. Parents never had money for junk food. Now that I am an adult I don't crave that shit food at all because I never had it as a kid. My parents are in their mid 50s and when they go on vacations people think they are in their 40s as they are both physically fit people.
>>
>>35154919
>eating clean
meme as fuck

Just eat traditional European cuisine lad
>>
>>35154919
been eating same shit for 4 months and its pretty much clockwork at this point... could probably live like this forever desu
>>
>>35154919
mixing main - chicken/turkey/fish with many vegetables + rice, 2 advices:

1)
i like small changes like i use butter for meat/brocoli etc so i buy 'taste' butter (i can buy garlic butter, apple butter, herbs butter like 5 different), also i use many spices (12+ for chicken only)

2)
i check mine abs form in almost every mirror i meet daily, reminding that pictures makes me smile while i feel bad eating same vegetables for the xxxx time
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.