[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting Shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: B39760_04_standard.jpg (213KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
B39760_04_standard.jpg
213KB, 2000x2000px
How much of a difference does it make to wear actual lifting shoes? Is it only worth it once you reach a certain level?

I've been lifting for almost a year now so I'm not really advanced but I'm also past beginner-mode. Are shoes like this worth it for someone who isn't doing huge weight yet? How do they help with lifting?

Also I think they look really cool compared to running shoes and basketball shoes.
>>
>>35153390
It depends on what you're comparing it to.

I started lifting in running shoes that had terrible balance for lifting. My feet were always super wobbly when I was squatting or deadlifting. Switching to lifting shoes made a huge difference.

But in hindsight I probably could have just gone barefoot and gotten similar results.

So I guess my takeaway is that they can help if you're using something shittier, but they're not required.
>>
>>35153431
I've been using running shoes the whole time (Nike Free 4.0s) and my feet are definitely a bit wobbly and get sore from deadlifts and squats. I was thinking a more solid and stable shoes would help fix that. Or going barefoot.
>>
>>35153390
If you lift in running shoes, you may as well kill yourself.
>>
>"How much of a difference does it make to wear actual lifting shoes"

there's really no black or white answer, it depends on a lot of different factors. however, you shouldn't be lifting in running shoes that's for sure, you don't want to be squatting on cushions.

do some more research, i can tell you that they helped me. try putting your heels on 5lb plates if youre still skeptical but i think theyre a good investment. i have the exact ones in op and theyre good
>>
try barefoot
>>
>>35153390
Home gym masterrace. I only ever lift bare foot.
>>
File: Ankle-Dorsiflexion[1].jpg (8KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
Ankle-Dorsiflexion[1].jpg
8KB, 265x190px
it has a taller heel so that instead of your ankles being neutral when your shins are vertical, they are in plantar flexion

that allows for your knees to travel forward more than your ankle mobility would allow you if you were wearing flat shoes - that's the only thing weightlifting shoes are for

as far as stability goes, it wont't be more stable than a pair of flat shoes. unless you're doing olympic weightlifting or high bar squats, they're not necessary. on a side note, i squat high bar frequently and lift in flat shoes without a problem
>>
>>35153390

those are specifically for squatting and are for lifters with shitty ankle flexibility , if your ok with your squat you don't need them , use any flat shoe for everything else
>>
I squat 3 plate atg in socks, deadlift 4.75plate too.
>>
>>35153564
>4.75
so 4 pl8
>>
>>35153390
Weightlifting shoes are great for Olympic weightlifting and its accessory lifts, in fact they are pretty much a necessity. And for squatting in general because they are so stable, you feel like you are bolted to the floor.

You won't need a shoe with a raised heel for deadlifting or squatting low bar, but for high bar and front squats they are fantastic and help keep the torso upright.
>>
>>35153564
gotta be careful when doing heavy sumo dl or say goodbye to your toes
>>
>>35153564
>sumofags
>>
>>35153390
I't easier to hit depth and allows for a smoother squatting movement as your feet are 100% stable. This translates in more security and better technique. This may or may not translate in a few more pounds on the bar.
>>
>>35153390
i have op pic shoes, i use them only for squat. more comfortable and can go atg with no butt wiggle.
>>
>Squat
More stable, easy depth, arch support for longevity, fuck flat feet
>Bench
Allows for a bit more leg drive if benching with IPF rules (heels on ground). Raising the heel a bit also means you'll be able to arch a bit more
>Deadlift
Useful tool in accessories, more quad recruitment. Take them off for actual deadlifts unless you're a mutant.
>>
I recently ordered a pair of Adipowers because of my shit tier mobility. I already have a pair of Adidas Power Trainers but the elevation isn't as high. Very excited to see how my squat changes.
>>
i USE THEM BECAUSE YEARS OF SITTING IN CHAIRS, AND SHOES WITH HEELS HAVE MESSED UP MY SHIT. sTRECHING DOESN'T SEEM TO TARGET THEM ENOUGH.
>>
converse chucks all star right?
>>
>>35153390

They make a huge difference. People seem to think they're just a shoe with a raised heel but they're not. Those shoes in the picture are kinda cheap and crappy though, but still better than any type of shoe not designed for lifting.

Lifting shoes have a cupped heel to stop your feet moving inside the shoe. They have ridiculous arch support and a metatarsal strap to further reinforce the arch and stop it from collapsing.

The shoe boot is made from stiff material, usually leather for more lateral stability. The sole along it's length isn't very deformable to stop you from rocking on to either side of your foot. The heel itself isn't just to mask shitty mobility, you can have great mobility and still benefit from a heeled shoe.

They're also good for low bar due to all the benefits besides the heel (and most actually like the heel as well), just go watch an international meet and note how many of them are squatting low bar in lifting shoes. A large number.

Chucks are not lifting shoes. They have a squishy insole, aren't very rigid along the crepe, are made of weak canvas, no heel cup and shit arch support. Look up the crossfit TR lite if you want flat shoe that was actually designed for lifting, Chris Duffin says they blow chucks out of the water.
>>
>>35153390
I bought deadlift shoes and then I found out that the fucking floor is cusioned. They help a bit with stability but most of the benefits are gone becouse of my gym floor.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.