[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2015 >Not eating gluten as protein supplement Explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: wheatgluten.png (210KB, 391x393px) Image search: [Google]
wheatgluten.png
210KB, 391x393px
>2015
>Not eating gluten as protein supplement

Explain yourself, you serf
>>
File: 1449138698699.png (15KB, 320x426px) Image search: [Google]
1449138698699.png
15KB, 320x426px
>gluten
>>
>>35152793
Why not? 23g of protons and practically nothing else

This is like the GOAT of protein powders
>>
File: gluten.jpg (55KB, 820x312px) Image search: [Google]
gluten.jpg
55KB, 820x312px
>>35152766
>gluten
Do you want your dick to fly off?
>>
>>35152968
>what are amino acids
>>
I don't get the memery.

What is wrong with gluten?
>>
>>35153030
Well are proteins are nothing but amino acids. Idiot loser.
>>
Cause gluten sensitivity. Basically hits my digestive system like taco bell.
>>
>>35153068
literally nothing unless you have a somewhat rare and easily diagnosable condition called Celiac disease
>>
>>35154303
[x] [doubt]
>>
>>35153030
>Which brings me to my major commentary about the issue of protein quality: I consider it essentially irrelevant. I noted above that BV, for example, is measured at very low levels of protein intake and this tends to hold true for many of the other methods. Protein quality is measured under conditions of low intake because the primary application of protein quality has to do with ensuring adequate nutrition for people who don’t have enough food. Which means that it stops having much relevance at high intakes.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/what-are-good-sources-of-protein-protein-quality.html/
section: Does Protein Quality Matter?
>>
>>35154343
YOU'RE A DISGUSTING FAT PIG, ARENT YOU?
>>
>>35154343

Doubt all you like. Always been an issue, confirmed by doctors. I can't really digest gluten, it just goes right through me. It's why I'm torn on the gluten free fad. On one hand, many stores now carry food that I can eat. On the other hand, everyone assumes I'm some special snowflake hipster who got the idea off doctor oz.
>>
>>35154411
"Confirmed by doctors"
The combined efforts of the scientific community are giving mixed results, either indicating that "No people are sensitive to gluten without having coeliac disease" and "Almost no people are sensitive to gluten without having coeliac disease".

The most favorable studies for the "NCGS exists" argument suggest that something like 5% of people diagnosed with gluten sensitivity actually have any measurable difference between placebo exposure and gluten exposure.

Also, doctors diagnose NCGS based on patient self-reporting, since it is a catch-all diagnosis and it has no real measurable effects. That means that pretty much any gluten-fad victim can walk into a doctor's office and walk out officially diagnosed with NCGS.

That means that even if doctors say you have NCGS, I very strongly doubt it.

[There's also pretty significant emerging evidence that a majority of "NCGS" cases are actually related not to gluten but to FODMAPs, which cause minor (i.e. not life-threatening permanent damage like coeliac) gastrointestinal disturbance in some people. So I'm not saying your asshole doesn't hate wheat, I'm just doubting it hates gluten.]
>>
File: Gluten.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gluten.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>Gluten
>>
>>35152968
Whey is a better protein to calorie ratio, cheaper, and has a superior amino acid profile. There's zero reason to eat isolated gluten.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.