[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exercise with insomnia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: deutsche-madchen.jpg (80KB, 381x595px) Image search: [Google]
deutsche-madchen.jpg
80KB, 381x595px
Hey /fit/,

I run a decent bit every morning, but I never did any genuine strength training. I've been wanting too the problem is that I have a very long history of insomnia, sometimes I'm able to sleep well for a week, but that's a rare occasion.

Would my irregular sleep pattern be considered when planning a routine?

At this point my body is used to being awake for too long, so I don't feel too much physical vatigue, but I doubt that means I have as much strength/stamina.

Could you give me some advice on this topic?

Sorry for the long post.
>>
>>35151136
Have you been to a sleep center and/or seen a sleep doctor for your insomnia?
>>
>>35151136
>insomnia
Sounds like a brain tumor.
>>
Exercise might help you sleep desu
>>
>>35151136
if you seriously can't sleep don't bother lifting. but try lifting and see if it knocks you out.
>>
>>35151158
Yeah, I have been going to a medical centre for it since I was twelve, it has to do with that I can't fall into REM.

>>35151179
I hope so!

>>35151277
Fair enough, thanks for the advice
>>
>>35151136
The priority is getting the required sleep hours.
When you get them is technically of concern, but can be ignored to some degree, if you have a flexible routine.

So yeah, you would have to adjust your lifting relative to your sleeping.
It would take a bit of juggling but you could certainly do it.
Maybe only lift heavy on days after you've had a good nights sleep, and not lift again until you have a certain total number of hours accumulated over a couple of days.
It would just take a little thought and instead of lifting on Monday Wednesday Friday or whatever you lift with a day1 day2 day3 and decide when those days were in regards to sleep total etc.
>>
File: aaaaaaarrrrrrrnie.jpg (61KB, 602x375px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaarrrrrrrnie.jpg
61KB, 602x375px
>>35151178
It's nora tooma. It's nora tooma at aaaal!
>>
>>35151416
Do you do anything while in bed? I used to have sleeping problems and it was due to my brain associating my bed as a place for doing things and not for sleeping
Any luck with melatonin, sleepy time tea and whatnot?
>>
>>35151136
Try putting your body into shock with US Rangers style bootcamp.
See what happens, report.

Also, try changing diet.
>>
>>35151136
More like her
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.