[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/ is it possible to drop from 15% bf to 12% bodyfat without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

hey /fit/ is it possible to drop from 15% bf to 12% bodyfat without an actual diet?
i did the cut without an actual diet and it worked because i dropped from 18% to 15% bf but i cant do any lower than that because my bodyfat refuses to go down
>>
>>35147732
>my bodyfat refuses to go any lower than 15% without a proper diet
then follow a proper diet, you dolt
>>
>>35147754
im a poorfag, is going to a nutritionist and getting a proper diet expensive?
for some reason im losing weight but no fat or gains whatsoever
>>
>>35147785
You don't need a nutritionist to work out a proper diet, see that thing you're on? It's called the internet, it's useful.
>>
Count your calories.

Write them down, see how much you need to stay at the same weight and eat 200-400 less calories than that.

Only way.
>>
>>35150746

Weigh yourself daily, and write that down too. Weigh in the morning, after you pooped and pissed and before you've ingested anything.

Every morning.
>>
>>35147785
Caloric deficit + cardio, HIIT if you can
There, I saved you a trip to a nutrionist. A nutrionist will tell you an unbelievable amount of biased information, don't waste your time.
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71KB, 698x749px) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71KB, 698x749px
>>
>>
On average, you'll need 2000kcal a day.

In my case, at 1500kcal per day, I stagnate.

>176cm
>75 kilos

To lose, I need to eat around 1200kcal. More than that and I gain weight or stay at the same. With exercising.
>>
How long have you been dieting for?

You might try eating at maintenance or a little above for a while if you've been dieting for a long time.
>>
>>35147732
You can cut on -700 calories, only 1.5 gram protein per kg body weight and without doing any cardio and you will not lose muscle unless you're an advanced bodybuilder
>>
>>35150833
Girl, bedridden orphan or 4'4" manlet?
>>
>>35150896
I've done this twice and every time it felt like I was just losing size. I also lost a lot of strength. I'm definitely doing cardio when I do my next cut.
>>
>>35150896
Edit: you can actually gain muscle in these conditions if you lift.
Even on a 700-800 deficit. There are studies with athletes who gain .25 kg muscle per week under these conditions.

As long as you don't fall for the high protein meme, this cutting will be sustainable and your hormone levels and muscle glycogen won't plummet to utter shit. Remember not to do cardio to create a deficit. Cardio is an extremely inefficient way to burn calories compared to calorie restriction
>>
>>35150903

Unusual metabolism. Very efficient body, no calorie left behind.
>>
>>35150939
You DO lose size , but it isn't muscle loss. You lose glycogen, water and fat.

You know how fighters lose 15-20 pounds of water and glycogen the week before a match, then gain almost all of it back in a day?

Same thing here.
>>
>>35150815
false
>>
>>35150986

Uh... It's absolutely true. The fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>35150964
that hurts to read friend

I love eating
>>
File: 1387708841768.jpg (260KB, 580x819px) Image search: [Google]
1387708841768.jpg
260KB, 580x819px
>>35150986

>you
>>
>>35151002
well Im assuming OP is a dyel due to his lack of knowledge/stupid questions

for people only beginning excercise/not excercising seriously, actually lose weight faster on just a diet as opposed to a mixture of diet and excercising (assuming caloric deficit is more or less the same) for the first 6 months or so

tl;dr excercise forces your body to adapt to greater energy loss, so the metabolismk becomes more efficient and thus you actually lose *less* weight
>>
>>35151006

I love eating too.
>>
>>35151011
Doesnt really have anything to do with anything

I think youre lost, the fat hate thread is not here
>>
>>35150815
Or you could NOT do excessive cardio as to keep cortisol levels LOW to preserve more muscle, while doing intermittent fasting and eating the bare minimum of protein and plenty of fats and carbs to sate your appetite and for adequate hormonal production.

Look up Kinobody, guys
I'm not doing Gregs program, but intermittent fasting combined with a balanced macro diet, good strength program and a large caloric deficit is fucking great

I hit PRs on bench and squat during the cut and while I don't expect to make huge gains during it, I expect to make some.
>>
>>35151027
>tl;dr excercise forces your body to adapt to greater energy loss, so the metabolismk becomes more efficient and thus you actually lose *less* weight

Sounds like bullshit to me, to be honest. Like "starvation mode".
>>
>>35147785
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/how-get-lean
http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20
http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20/table/T1

Disregard everything else in the thread.

>>35150746
Dropping below 15% bf = counting Calories is not enough.

>>35150955
>As long as you don't fall for the high protein meme,
For going to single digits bf you need to from 2.3 to 3.1 g of proteins/kg of LBM

>>35151027
>well Im assuming OP is a dyel due to his lack of knowledge/stupid questions
I'm assuming you can't even read OP.
>>
>>35151041
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2806223/

You still lose weight, just not as fast, for the first couple months.

If you read the article youll see that towards the end of the research, excercise+diet starts catching up to just diet

If you're excercising long term, its fine. If youre after pure short term fat loss, diet only is the best option
>>
File: penn.png (920KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
penn.png
920KB, 680x383px
>>35151047
>menshealth.com
>>
To clarify a bit more, I'm cutting on 1700 calories per day right now and have been for a week. That's a 750 deficit, perhaps more.
My strength has currently increased slightly and hasn't faltered yet.

I cut last year but never approached a 700 deficit because it was too difficult to do for me then, because I was trying to get in way too much protein, which caused my test to drop and caused me to be hungry at night and lose sleep.

I'm literally only eating 100-120 grams of protein per day right now and I feel great.
>>
>>35151075
Nice meme, if you actually read it you'd have discovered that it's the translation in normie words of the cited academic paper.
>>
>>35151027
>assuming caloric deficit is more or less the same
No shit. However, if you use exercise to create a larger deficit, you'll lose weight faster.
>>
File: 1442799925752.jpg (31KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
1442799925752.jpg
31KB, 352x450px
>>35151075
>4chan.org
>>
>>35151047
>between 2.3-3.1 g/kg under 10%

That might be true, but I'm only at 13% now. And to be honest, I don't necessarily believe those numbers because vegan bodybuilders get nowhere near that much protein.

10% isn't crazy low, you see 9 year old kids in kiddie league soccer with that low, and I guarantee you they aren't eating 120 grams of protein per day.
>>
>>35151092
>implying results can't be skewed to perpetuate mens health memes
>implying mens health editors are impartial

you're so naive it's almost cute
>>
>>35151038

I was calling you a lying fat piece of shit because you deny the calories in, calories out, which only lazy fat morons do.
>>
>>35151121
yes, a 9 year old kids body is exactly the same as an adult's

round of applause everyone, this is the epitome of broscience
>>
>>35151039

I lost 7 kilos doing nothing more than just counting my calories and eating with a slight deficit.
>>
>>35151047
>Dropping below 15% bf = counting Calories is not enough.

Tell that to starving Ethiopians. If you eat at a deficit, you're bound to reach whatever level of low fat you want. You can even starve to death eventually.
>>
>>35151133
I didn't deny calories in calories out, stupid fuck

I wont assume whether you're lazy or fat, but you've decided to show that you're a moron
>>
>>35151121
because nine year old kids do not weight 60kg if they are not morbidly obese.
>>
>>35147732
In theory it's possible, but you will need a shit ton of cardio
>>
>>35151080
>I'm literally only eating 100-120 grams of protein per day right now and I feel great.

That's way too fucking much. 50 grams tops, champ.
>>
>>35151161
Yeah the ethiopian cut method is one of my favorites. Eating flies really boost your metabolism.
>>
>>35151161
Starving Ethiopians don't have lean body mass, you fucking idiot.
>You can even starve to death
>>>/b/
>>>/trash/

>>35151125
You didn't read any of the proposed articles, yet you keep shitposting.
>>
>>35151164

Then what is "false" about the image?
>>
>>35151189

>reading CNN article

>"Controlling your diet is good, but not enough to lose weight, you need to exercise."

>Ethopian kids disagree
>>
>>35151206
I've already explained so why would I do it again
>>
>>35151176
I was assuming 40kg*3 =120g as a maximum for a 9 year old lol
>>
>>35151200
>Starving Ethiopians don't have lean body mass, you fucking idiot.

And?
>>
>>35151222

You're fucking grumpy, Rita.
>>
>>35151239
What kind of autism is it when you Improperly and in an inapproptiately intimate manner address y-chromosome having Faggots with the female name 'Rita' for random people on a fitness board for y-chromosome bearing fags?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.