[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does IF work? Or is it just a fad like keto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IF.jpg (172KB, 800x1757px) Image search: [Google]
IF.jpg
172KB, 800x1757px
Does IF work? Or is it just a fad like keto?
>>
>>35147586
Is it even a fad? I only hear IF shit from internet lfter autists.

It doesn't even work: There's a group of people that do IF for religious purposes once a year (Muslims) and they get fatter from it.
>>
>>35147586
Yes, there are many studies, take your pick.
>>
I dunno man. When I go on a cut, I do 2400kcal, IF, and a thermogenic. Fat fucking melts off me. I don't know about the science behind IF, but if nothing else the small eating window helps me restricted calorie intake.
>>
>>35147586

It, like all diets is just a way to trick you into eating less.

It worked for me, I lost 40lbs net and got stronger as well. That's just an anecdote though, try it for a couple of weeks and see if it works for you.
>>
Fad. It's all about calorie deficit, doesn't matter in what form you do it. Because 20% of the weight lost will be muscle.
>>
>>35147586
fad diet. Many of these are centered around carb vs fat balance, others are about a specific piece of food. As you should know, there is no evidence that any of these are better than others. If you believe in these diets, go do them, just remember that in the end, it’s about persistence, patience, protein and calories. If your diet of choice gets these 4 right, it will work. If not, it wont.
>>
>>35147654

I think it's worth a try if you've tried to lose weight other ways and haven't been able.

I think it works for a lot of people because it's convenient and a lot easier than strict calorie counting and trying to have 4 meals a day that are exactly 700 calories and never 900 calories.

And, I've noticed that people who claim they can't gain weight almost invariably skip meals. Basically, normal people IF naturally. Fat people freak out if they miss a meal and think they're going to die or some shit. I speak as a former fatty.
>>
File: 1449161578019.jpg (94KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1449161578019.jpg
94KB, 519x533px
>>35147586
>potatoes
>bad

DUDE, GET ALL YOUR CARBS FROM BROCCOLI.
20 lb of BROCCOLI A DAY, LMAO!
>>
>>35147604
Except they're not doing intermittent fasting.
>>
>>35147586
LMAO is IF low carb now?
>>
>>35147735
They are.
>>
seems like you'll have sick strength at the gym for fasting over 14 hours before lifting
>>
>>35147737
>>35147722
It was the first pic that showed up when I Googled intermittent fasting
>>
>>35147750
Some people actually perform better in the gym while being fasted. I personally could never do something like that.
>>
IF isn't horrible, but this picture was made my Dr. Marcela. This guy is fucked up in the head and you should stay away from his website when researching IF.
>>
>>35147775
Dr. Mercola*
>>
>>35147586
It works,because it reduced overall amount of calories,and by eating fewer bigger meals over time you feel fuller for longer,which also reduced chances of snacking.

Caloric restriction,just thrown together with a fancy time system.
Afaik the supposed hormone manipulation is a sham in order to stand out.
>>
I didn't know food first passed through the heart, like that. Now that I think about it, it makes sense, though.
>>
>>35147786
"Doctor". That guy is as qualified to be be giving advice on nutrition and health as a paedofile is qualified to babysit.
>>
>Keto is a fad despite it being heavily supported by randomized controlled trials because I like potatoes
Ok chief
>>
>>35147810
It doesnt. Food gets to the stomach by way of the aesophagus, a tube thats runs alongside the thrakea(sp?) and lies between the heart and the spinal colomn.

The illustration is bad,just like the place it gets its information from.
>>
>>35147750
>>35147759
I once broke through a plateau after I didn't eat at all the previous day and lifted at 5 in the morning. I can't explain.
>>
>>35147737
In that iteration, it is.

A lot of people mix IF and Ketosis/low-carb diets together. But there's no documented trials of IF + "normalish" range of macros like 40/35/25 vs IF + lowcarb or whatever. There's likely no synergy there.

You can just take whatever macro scheme you want and eat whenever the fuck you want. Doing IF is fine and it may have some very minimal health/physique benefits overall. But the supposed primary benefits of it is it's convenient to just know your "window" of when you eat and time it around your schedule, and it's more difficult to overeat in that limited time.
>>
>>35147795
This.

It's just calorie restriction where you feel a little more hungry for a few hours, rather than being kinda hungry for most of the day like in a conventional restriction. Honestly the idea that keeping your insulin low for as long a period as possible will create "extra" weight loss without muscle loss is the result of a gross lack of knowledge about metabolism.
>>
>>35147839
>not eating carbs

Enjoy your premature hospice.
>>
>>35147586
what do you mean with "work"? What should IF do? It's just a way to save as much calories as possible for the dinner. Some people get hungry even if they eat a large breakfast, therefore they tend to cheat and overeat during lunch/dinner. IF is a practical solution for this kind of people, if you can perfectly follow your diet and eat your deficit keep doing what you're doing
>>
>keto
>fad

Well fuck you, I'm the leanest I've ever been thanks to it.
>>
>>35147586
It works but you have to A. be extremely careful with your macros and B. remember to take BCAA. In the end it no different than any other caloric deficit, but the benefit is you feel full for most of the day and your hunger time is when you're asleep, so it reduces cravings.
>>
>>35147841

>responding seriously

>>>/autism/
>>
>>35147586
Intermittent Fasting has been prescribed to Mankind for thousands of years.
It works.
Ex - Ramadan
>>
>>35147968
and proof...
"O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may learn self-restraint." - Surat 2:183
Most Americans on the other hand, cannot stop stuffing their faces with food
What makes you think they can stop themselves from sinning when tempted?
>>
>>35147845

How do you break through plateaus? I am doing this as well, but, I seem to be steady on my weight loss.

*recently moved up cardio from 30mins to 45-60 mins at best
>>
IF has been working for me, the ONLY negative that I have is the hunger that I have once the window of eating is complete.

Everyone is different, its all how your body works and adjusts with it.
>>
>>35147586
>potatoes
>bad
>>
>>35147586
Donig IF without being a calorie deficit DOES NOT WORK

Doing anything while being at a calorie deficit WILL WORK 100%
>>
File: 1448252339709.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448252339709.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
>>35147604

>I only hear IF shit from internet lifter autists
Surely that'd mean it's good for /fit/

>It doesn't even work
I see you're a female with that logic- that makes sense now.

IF is great for cutting, I'd recommend lifting after your first meal though to have sufficient energy. In my experience lifting on an empty stomach just leads to a shitty workout.

http://www.leangains.com/ the guy who runs this sight is borderline bi-polar from looking at some of his old posts, but the info is pretty legit.
>>
>>35147654

IF doesnt claim to magically shed fat

Its a timing protocol that helps certain people with the most important aspect of nutrition/dieting; adherence

>>35147604
>>35147659

see above
>>
>>35149003
I mean my lifts.
>>
File: 14405185543333.jpg (2KB, 83x125px) Image search: [Google]
14405185543333.jpg
2KB, 83x125px
>>35147654

>20% of the weight lost will be muscle

Is that anecdotal or do you have some citations for that claim?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.