[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do drugs kill gains /fit/? I smoke up about 5 times a week,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 6

File: stoner.jpg (130KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
stoner.jpg
130KB, 500x375px
Do drugs kill gains /fit/?

I smoke up about 5 times a week, take coke every weekend and snort meth around once a month. I occasionally dabble in shrooms too but I haven't had any since summer.

So will this affect my lifting progression and routine or not? I mean I'm getting stronger, but could my lifting progress be even faster without the drugs?
>>
the only thing that kills gains is not eating and not going dumbass
>>
As long as you're eating right and lifting hard you'll be fine. Alcohol is easily the biggest gains goblin out there though.
>>
kill yourself
>>
If it's fucking with your sleep, probably
>>
>>35147591
>Alcohol

I forgot about that. I drink pretty hard on Fri/Sat night. I don't eat too much though which is good.

>>35147617
I sleep around 6 hours a night but I'm usually pretty wired on the weekend so it drops to around 3 hours a night then if any.
>>
>>35147496
anymore pics of this qt3.14
>>
DUDE
>>
It will effect your mind, One thing you don't want to mess with.

I bet you can't trust any of your drug/party friends, waste lots of money on drugs and i bet your just a cunt in general to tell the truth.

Enjoy being a brain dead drugged up moron by the time you hit 30.
>>
>>35147690
>I bet you can't trust any of your drug/party friends

They're actually my best friends. We've been a gang since we were 9 or so, with some new additions here and there as people have moved abroad/fallen out.

Money isn't an issue too because we're all pretty rich and when you do your research and do it in moderation it's not bad for you man. Coke can help you work for 20 hours at a time for example and shrooms really expand your consciousness.
>>
>>35147727
scientists here in silicon valley are microdosing lsd for creative productivity
>>
>>35149017
> scientists here in silicon valley are microdosing lsd for creative productivity
in4 brain gains
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 720x684px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 720x684px
>>35147496
>doing drugs

Never going to make it
>>
>>35149017
>>35149017
> scientists here in silicon valley are microdosing lsd for creative productivity

in4 brain gains
>>
>>35147727
no one cares about your drug use, go to /r/drugs and talk about it there.
>>
>>35147496

get off my board you degenerate fuck
>>
>>35147674
WEED
>>
>>35149069
LMAO
>>
>>35149044
>>35149017
>wanting to follow in the footsteps of empty headed yuppie losers relying on drugs to give false meaning to their empty lives

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/12/the-silicon-valley-suicides/413140/
>>
>>35149075
>he hasn't opened his 3rd eye
embarrassing tbqh
>>
>>35147496
Will affect your eating habits. Thats it, and maybe your lifting schedule.
>>
>>35149101
I've dropped acid and done shrooms

If you think there is any permanent "truth" in these experiences you are a weak minded fool
>>
can't speak for the other drugs but weed has done little to mess with my lifting. I smoke somewhere between 0 and 4 times a week depending on how much work I have to do, and it doesn't seem to make a damn of a difference. Just don't smoke right before a workout.
>>
>>35149101
I opened my third eye with weed alone
>>
File: Tip_fedora.gif (19KB, 120x184px) Image search: [Google]
Tip_fedora.gif
19KB, 120x184px
>>35149127
>I've dropped acid and done shrooms
>>
>>35149062

Maybe you don't but I find it interesting.
>>
>>35149127

if you think they're useless than you are just a stubborn...

wait a minute. YOURE A TRIPFAG LOL
>>
>>35149168
Go to reddit.com/r/drugs then.
>>
>>35147496
If the drug is natural it's safe.. no pills.. no meth.. no ecstasy...
And like all drugs, use in moderation
And I'm pretty much the most fit person at my gym, go five times a week for about 2 hours/session.
I smoke weed whenever I can
my dealer is inconsistent
>>
>tfw been on an involuntary tolerance break
>gym less frequently, lose weight, mood drop
>start smoking again
>gains coming back, gaining muscle and motivation, eating like fuck
Weed might as well be a PED.
Also mdma and coke don't make too much difference, you burn a lot of calories when you're on them and they dehydrate you but if you don't do them much then it's alright. Pyschedelics are fine, just anything with a hangover/comedown that could fuck up your gym schedule is bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 750x1000px
>>35149193
>Don't worry fαm, it's natural :)
>>
>>35149226
I mean that's poppy plant right?
It isn't heroin now, is it?
>>
TIL LSD isn't a drug
>>
>>35149193
>If the drug is natural it's safe
No. Just because something is natural does not make it "safe"
Bears are natural, but can prove hazardous to your health.
>>
>>35149330
>I now do meth everyday and im still alive and not addicted, suck it D.A.R.E.
>>
they dont kill gains they actually boost them in my experience
even stopped lifting but still made significant strength and size boosts
>>
>>35149330
God loves me though
So a bear would never attack me
>>
>>35149127
There is though. If used correctly it's an effective tool in making you a better person
>>
>>35147496
Alchohol and cigarettes are way worse gain goblins that the things you listed, provided you remember to eat right and sleep well despite the coke and meth.
Fuck alchohol
>>
>>35147496
Smoking that much weed is lowering your appetite. You are probably not eating enough. Source: was smoking weed every day and still DYEL after 3 years. But I trained like 4-5 days a week. It affected my appetite a lot. Stopped smoking last year and now I can finally eat as I was supposed to.
>>
>>35149193
ecstasy and lsd is very safe if you've done some research, and they're not natural
>>
Had free drinks all night yesterday plus a joint that turned out to have some coke sprinkled in it (didn't even know you could smoke coke to be honest), did interval running for 30 minutes + regular lifting today (and had a big cup of coffee before for dat dere fat burn)

Did get pretty winded during the lifting, though I'd attribute that mostly to shitty sleep due to alcohol
So yeah, as long as there's moderation and you still eat and sleep well, it should be alright...
But smoking weed five times a week is seriously overkill man, you should probably work out whatever personal issues you have that require you to smoke that much.
>>
>>35149127
Lol silly tripfag
>>
>>35147496
Stop doing meth and coke you retard
Not gonna make it desu
>>
>>35149952
> didn't even know you could smoke coke
inb4 crackheads
>>
>>35147496
Heart attacks tend to slow down gains, anon.
>>
>>35150419
Didn't do much, felt more like a small amount of codeine to be honest
>>
>>35149850
ecstasy releases all of your serotonin
LSD was made by the US govt
pick your literal poison
>>
File: lsd actual pic.png (698KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
lsd actual pic.png
698KB, 680x381px
>>35147496
Relax on the smoking up and coke just for your mental health since you may not feel anything now but give it a few years. I use to take ecstasy pills like 4-5 times a month and ketamine/coke too for a year but I stopped once I started lifting and I've honestly never felt better in my life(6 months later). Most people who continued are junkies now lmao. But yeah chill on the coke and weed since 5 times a week/every weekend is not moderation imo.

Psychedelics are fine but again just every so often.
>>
>>35149193
You know with marijuana you are combusting, causing a CHEMICAL reaction to it forming the actual form of THC that makes you high.
In affect your SYNTHESIZING a chemical from a natural origin, just like LSD or any other synthetic drug.
Natural doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>35151920
look at this fucking genius lol
>>
>>35150469
>LSD was made by the US government
>muh Albert Hoffman
>muh bicycle day
You're not very smart are you?
>>
>>35147496
The only drugs I do are PEDs and they greatly enhance drugs.

Party drugs kill gains
>>
>>35152207
they used it to poison people and experiment on people, basically an extension of the Nazi psychological experiments
the us govt also made mdma
you can do your own research if you are so inclined
my main point is that these drugs are not natural, and your body can't handle it
if you know control theory, a good analogy would be that it is too great of a disturbance for your body to handle, and reach stability on its own
>>
>smoking pot
>smoking

Sucking in big lungfuls of burning hot smoke and holding it is not safe despite what High times or a pothead of YouTube said
>>
Just stop the pot smoking dude.

I also love my monthly party night with a gram of coke. But every damn weekend? That's not moderation no more.
>>
>>35152287
Yes, because evolution has made sure for humanity to process "natural" drugs.
All our caveman fathers were smoking marijuana and shrooms so often that it created enough evolutionary pressure for the ones who could handle these drugs to be more likely to survive.
Or you're being dumb
>>
>>35152347
how many athletes do you think smoke weed..?
a lot
>>
>>35147648
>don't eat to much
>which is good
You wont make it
>>
>>35152393
I'm an alien though
My people were "discovered" in the New World.
>>
>>35152396
>appeal to authority

Tons of athletes smoke tobacco, binge drink, use illegal drugs, eat fast food, and choke themselves while masturbating. An athlete doing something doesn't make it healthy.
>>
>>35152426
what you just said is complete horseshit though
>>
>>35147591
>>35147648
I had a semester where'd I'd go hard Saturday night then Sunday was leg day... had to change that schedule halfway through the semester, squatting while hungover doesn't work out so well
>>
>>35152396
This what I hate about pot heads, they will never fucking ever admit cannabis is unhealthy in any way.

Pot heads act like total fucking addicts
>it's healthy look at all these healthy people do it!
>it just makes me feel good bro what's wrong with that?
>it helps with my pain and gives me energy

Same shit every other addict says but you guys are "special" right?
>>
>>35152458
How so?
If you to smoke then smoke up dude, but don't play some bullshit where you pretend smoking stuff that gets you high doesn't have any negative health effects.
>>
>>35152512
everything in moderation but weed is the least harmful drug out there
>>
I would argue that unless you are in a sport or extremely active most of the time, the drugs and alcohol will eventually kill your gains. Honestly the most detrimental will be the weed if you keep smoking like you do, but I would just stay the fuck away from meth, that shit eats away at muscle mass like nobody's business.
>>
>>35152567
>can trigger psychosispsychosis
>can cause intense paranoia
>can cause intense panic attacks
>usually ingested by smoking
>safest

Typical delusional pot head, I'm sure for the mental effects you'll just say " yeeeah but its cause they don no how 2 handle it maaan dere jus pusspuss"
>>
>>35152567
>everything in moderation
idiots need to stop saying this
>>
>>35152598
hehe
weed isn't what causes that
I used to get paranoid when I smoked, but I eventually became strong enough to fight off the demons
>>
File: 1449275978454.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1449275978454.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>35149850
>ecstacy
>not bad
>>
is vaping pot bad for your lungs?

edibles for your health?
>>
>>35152733
vape high is weak, best way to describe it is an accident
edibles are too potent - can have you out of it for a while, make you take a nap
smoking on the other hand, you can manage how high you get, then stop
I mean the same is true with vaping, but it isn't my style
do the cbds vape along with the thc?
>>
>>35152733
and for lungs.. I'd say no
but only you yourself can determine this
when I smoke weed I don't cough at all
>>
>>35152733
>edibles
putting the drugs themselves aside, brownies etc. aren't good for your health to begin with.
>>
>>35149825
Yeah man, like I said here >>35147648
. My appetite is definitely a lot lower due to the weed, coke and meth. But because i'm on a cut it's a godsend.
>>
>>35147496
Shrooms only
>>
>>35152498
Dude pot is safe bro. If you smoke it using a vaporizer it's one of the nicest and safest highs you can have. Way better than alcohol that's for sure.

And don't even get me started on the medical properties of marijuana. Cannabis is an amazing plant man, open your damn eyes and do some research.
>>
>>35152578
>but I would just stay the fuck away from meth, that shit eats away at muscle mass like nobody's business.

Source? The biggest effect it has on me is that I end up spouting philosophical bullshit I have a vague grasp on for 3 hours or so. I become like a second-rate Plato or Neitzsche lol.
>>
>>35153217
Actually the properties aren't that great compared to other drugs.
Many things do the same things without risk of psychosis.
Not hating on people who take it for funsies, and it is a good choice for SOME chemo patients.
I do have a friend who doesn't have access to healthcare really but weed is enough to take away his sleep paralysis, so that's good for him.
>>
>>35149138
Why were you shelving weed?
>>
test
>>
>>35153234
He said do research. What you're saying right now is literally baseless claims that were made in a time of yellow journalism. The psychosis thing was a myth that was busted years ago. If you're going to have psychological problems, you'll have them regardless of you smoking weed or not.
Also psychosis is literally a state of mind you fucking retard, you don't "risk" psychosis, you're talking about losing your marbles while under a state of psychosis, which won't happen unless you're super prone to anxiety attacks but you'd figure that out after one bowl.
Go research CBD's.
>>
>>35147496
is thiss an everyday thread? wtf?
>>
>>35147496
Dunno but your concern should be being a degenerate waste of meat
>>
>>35153681
I literally was just at a talk about marijuana usage for medical conditions since Ohio just had that vote.
One of the major points was that the ONLY thing marijuana does better than other drugs is nausea with cancer patients, and that isn't worth it usually since risks of psychosis are higher when taking marijuana.
>>
Weed never caused me problems. However tripping too frequently sure fucking did
>>
>>35153953
like what?
>>
>>35153953
iktfb
>>
man marijuana haha
>>
>>35153493
I'm basically a weed monster
>>
>>35152396
Lots of athletes vape. Very few high-level athletes inhale smoke of any kind with regularity, and I say this from the experience of playing varsity ball in college. Cannabis in moderation doesn't even put a dent in the performance of someone who trains the way top performers do, and if that's how they choose to unwind in their very limited free time, then I'm not the one to say it's hurting them. That's cannabis though, vaped. Smoke from anything will bind serious amounts of CO to your hemoglobin, damage tissue in your respiratory tract, and screw up your performance for a few days afterwards. Pretty much only fat lards like baseball players and sailors can perform their best and still smoke.
>>
>>35154236
I'm seriously only going to stop smoking weed once God tells me to stop.
Everyone else can fuck off desu.
>>
>>35154248
That's fine. You've run the cost-benefit analysis and decided to smoke, which is your adult decision to make. Just don't claim there's nothing in the "cost" column.
>>
>>35154305
Weed literally makes me stronger
physically, and mentally
>>
>>35154319
you're retarded and i was high all day erryday for 13 years
>>
>>35154359
I'm oppressed so I really couldn't smoke it like that dude
But it kept me going through the hard times
Kept me from killing ppl when I was stressed out
Kept my bones from failing on me
Yeah, it heals my bones
Kept the devil off my nuts too

Now I just smoke it for sick chi gains
You would know nothing about this
>>
I feel like my experience may help you make an educated decision about drugs. So here it is.

>exceedingly bright student, a veritable Srinivasa ramanujan. Graduated from high school 2 years early and decided to pursue a career in creative mathematics
>I was a pretty good looking kid and most my friends were rift raft
>parents leave during spring of graduating year. Host claptonian cocaine sessions in my house. Smoke enough skunk to kill a small horse
>wake up one day and feel very off. As if I'm disconnected from my own body and thoughts. Somatic and emotional numbing, couldn't feel my hands
> spend seven months in dissociative neurosis, practical vegetable. Couldn't tie shoes, couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, couldn't even assemble a sentence without stuttering
> constant anxiety so terrible that I couldn't move. Threw up several years times a day, and felt like screaming most the time
> couldn't understand anything, hours felt like days, spatially retarded, severe motor control issues, executive control problems, and Serious memory issues
> dreamt of the sweet relief of death
> withdrew from all university courses, nearly killed three pedestrians in two consecutive car accidents, licence suspended for 4 months, lost major entrance scholarship.
>worst of all, lost 20 pounds of lean mass because I couldn't eat
>>
>>35149247
family, if you've ever had to kick a poppy seed tea or pod habit you know its fucking serious shit
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.