[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brehs I've been in a very dark place. Lift me up, please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 123.jpg (31KB, 228x169px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
31KB, 228x169px
Brehs I've been in a very dark place. Lift me up, please. As a former 400pounds fat fuck I've turned my life around in a year. I'm almost at my goal weight and I'm making great muscle gains, I'm also going out with girls but... From time to time I go so fucking down and I don't want that. I'm tired of falling down the abyss. Is life working towards happiness without ever reaching it? Sometimes this thoughts calms me and sometimes it gives me so much fucking anxiety. Help.
>>
I was a summer camp counselor for a summer in the 6-9 age group, so kids who were maybe coming for the first time and staying away from their parents for 2-4 weeks at a time. Something they trained us to do was, no matter how bad of a time you're having or how sad you feel, smile and laugh about stuff, manufacture your own happiness and before you know it it's not an act anymore. Get absorbed in whatever it is you're doing and SMILE! It makes a world of difference in your outlook on life when you realize things aren't so bad; you aren't as tired as you think you are, you're not focusing on how you feel, you're just enjoying life

Tl;Dr smile regardless of how you feel and really get into whatever task you're doing and before you know it, life doesn't seem so bad man
>>
>>35146857
T-thank you. That helps a lot.
>>
>>35146799
There's always going to be sad moments in your life and when you are sad everything you've do has a sad filter. I find building a community of friends helps, level 2 to shitpost back and forth with when you need a quick cheer (fit doesn't count), or level 1 like your brother or dad or some shit when you are really bad. You don't necessarily need to talk about your problems, but just being near this positivity helps to shift your emotions to get rid of that filter. That's why you also shouldn't chase friends that are negative or make you feel like shit. Only hang out with people that boost you up, and try to boost them in return.
>>
>>35146995
Not hanging with negative friends and not being afraid of needing support form time to time, that has been on my list for a long time. Thank you for the input breh
>>
>>35146857
>>35146995
These people are correct OP. And from someone who has experienced things like this before you know what else helps me out ontop of their advice? Lifting and exercise in general. The feeling you get after exercise. Of completing something strenuous and demanding, feeling accomplished with yourself, there are few things that can even touch that.

You've gone from 400lbs and have turned your life around completely. You're almost at your goal weight. Think about that OP. You started at that weight, probably the lowest point in your life and the highest weight in your life, and you turned it around. Now look at yourself. You want to keep going, you want to reach your goal and when you do you're just gonna keep going to maintain that goal or even obtain other goals down the road. Maybe you wanna be even leaner, maybe you wanna be stronger or put on more muscle. Either way, that takes incredible will power OP. Don't give in to this feeling that washes over you.

Live in the moment and realize what you've accomplished is something only a very small percentile of fatties could even dream of accomplishing. Feel happy you've gone so far, and don't even stop as satisfaction. Worm to stay satisfied and live a happy, /fit/ life OP.
>>
>>35147528
It has been a hell of a fucking ride. Thank you, I teared up a bit. I think I'm at that point where I'm realizing that this is a life long commitment to myself. I enjoy the idea but it's fucking scary.
>>
>>35146799
Randomly having sudden drops in mood despite having nothing in life to complain about? It sounds like you might have mild depression. Go see a psych if it's really getting to you.
>>
>>35148069
I've been battling depression all my life. I've been in therapy and I'm trying to deal with my issues daily. I need to go see the shrink again, it did help in the past.
>>
I'm in the same boat OP. 342 -> 235. Would like to get down to 200 for when I compete in powerlifting at some point.

I've discovered that depression is greatly reduced, and made manageable, by exercise and eating healthy, but it won't go away without you taking some steps on your own to address your negative patterns of thinking. I still have these slumps that can last a few days as well where I get depressed and lonely- the important thing is to somehow put a positive spin on whatever emotion you are feeling.

In the past I would take little things that depressed me, and obsess over them until they have completely ruined my mood. At that point I am a lot less likely to be able to utilize tactics for pulling myself out of the depression; in fact it's almost like my body just WANTS to wallow in the misery. The best thing you can do at that point is get your mind off it with some physically/mentally demanding activity. When I get really sad now, I'll go do cardio or do some accessory lifts or something. 90% of the time I feel better after.
>>
>>35147995
You can do it brah. It may be scary, but that's because of the change that's involved in it. It's fucking scary, scares the shit out of me honestly. But the best thing about it being scary? Is overcoming that fear of change, and actually changing. It takes courage to face fears head on like that. You're gonna make it OP. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35146799
>Is life working towards happiness without ever reaching it?

Yes. This is what it is to be human. We will never be satisfied and will always strive towards new goals. The only way to escape this vicious cycle is to leave humanity behind.
>>
>>35148593
Thank you for sharing your experiences! I can see a lot of my own self in you. You made great progress. Even though I'm focusing more on bodybuilding right now powerlifting is my first love and I also plan to compete at some point.
>>
>>35148794
So true. Thank you. I find that when I'm scared the most about the environment or situations I'm finally able to act and then I see change. My brain is rewiring itself into seeking fear because it's bringing me great things going through it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.