[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some jobs that require you to be /fit/? I'm at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 1441732586057.gif (2MB, 442x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441732586057.gif
2MB, 442x640px
What are some jobs that require you to be /fit/?

I'm at a point in my life where I need to soon decide what career I will be settling into. At uni I'm going into STEM, but if I exercise, why not settle for minimalism and get an active job?

So far, I can think of:

>policeman
>fireman
>>
>>35142404
>policeman
Sure thing, bud
>>
>>35142404
PT, military, construction maybe

fireman is dope as fuck. air force reserves right now doing their fire training and going to get a firefighter job ASAP. you get paid massive amounts of money. the downside is you have to work holidays but who gives a fuck you spend most of your time at work fucking around or sleeping
>>
>>35142404
If you're a charismatic and athletic guy you can be a wrestler, though if you want to get anywhere in that world you need to be a minimum of 6 feet tall.
>>
>>35142404
I work on a horse farm. Some parts (general painting, anything
involving the tractors and mowers, etc) don't require any level
of fitness, but for the most part, it does. Especially during the
summers when we are the busiest. Best form of cardio that I have
ever found was slinging 800 50lb bales of hay for 10 hours in 90+ heat.
>>
>>35142404
Police are only active for the first 6 or so months of their career. When they are going through the academy. After that it's literally sitting in a car and writing reports for most of your day and 1% of absolute terror.
>>
File: TmGPIdy.png (466KB, 644x518px) Image search: [Google]
TmGPIdy.png
466KB, 644x518px
>>35142404
>policeman
>>
Infantryman, Artilleryman, Tanker, Combat Medic.

Enjoy being crippled in your mid 40s though m8
>>
File: DSCN0529.jpg (1MB, 1712x2288px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0529.jpg
1MB, 1712x2288px
Tower climber is a pretty /fit/ job
It requires a lot of experience climbing though so if you don't know how to do that, you're out of luck. It also requires basic technical knowledge.
>>
>>35142506
Their police dept had racial quotas and that was the only black dude in the city with a high school diploma and no felonies
>>
>>35142404
There is a lot of things that will get you fit that you wouldn't think of. Machinist/welding, construction (like carpentry,) I used to work on a ranch and a feed lot...the former could be physically demanding.

Of course you're shooting for a college job. Probably couldn't enjoy anything in the blue collar fashion. Police/fireman really don't call for you to be fit. Military is different on the other hand.
>>
Are there any technical jobs that require you to be physically fit? Electricians are kinda like that, but I'm thinking something more demanding.

High pay, brainwork, and I can use my muscles? That would be ideal.
>>
>>35142547
See
>>35142527
>>
>>35142547
Welder. Lots of brains, extremely physically demanding depending on conditions... (more than you would think.) High pay. My instructors got around 60-80 dollars an hour for different jobs.
>>
>>35142547
F I R E F I G H T I N G
I
R
E
F
I
G
H
T
I
N
G
>>
>>35142583
Isn't breathing in welding fumes really bad for your lungs?
>>
>>35142602
Physically demanding jobs are physically dangerous too.

Do you want to get paid to work out or something? That's retarded anon.
>>
>>35142404
cops and firefighters don't do shit 90% of the time. there is literally no active component to the job except once in a while.

be a mover. $18/hr plus tips and i was fucking ripped as shit when I moved houses. 6-12 straight hours a day of hustle with heavy weights shit was cash

>office work now
>$98,000/yr+ benefits and 4 weeks vacation
>it's better
>>
>>35142625

> implying all physically demanding jobs have the same risks

At least some physically demanding jobs have risks that are avoidable.
>>
>>35142632
on the contrary, i've met my fair share of fatass police officers, never met a firefighter who wasn't swole
>>
>>35142404

You can work in a wildland hotshot or attempt to be a smoke jumper. But you can't be a smoke jumper without having been a shot, and you can't be a shot if you've never seen fire.
>>
>>35142404
Farmer.How to be farmer /fit/?
>>
>>35144531 here
Can anyone be a farmer?Do you enjoy it?Is the pay alright.Are the chicks hot?Can you wear a cool hat?
sorry for playing 20 questions
>>
You don't need to be that fit to be a firefighter. In most places, the physical requirements for certification are not that difficult. Additionally, it doesn't pay as well as some people seem to think. People see stats for FDNY and think that everyone makes a killing. It's not bad by any means, but it's not incredible.

If you're really interested in it, learn more about what the job requires (24+ hour shifts) and look into getting your fire 1 and EMT B certifications. It's a competitive field, and having EMS knowledge is a significant edge.
>>
>>35144540
>>35142469
fucked up on qouting
>>
Special operation forces, just look it up, whatever seals, pj's, rangers... Thosd guys are FIT. They must go through the most grueling physical training and demanding not only in body but in mind too, and after that training it does not get better. Like they say, selection never ends
>>
>>35142508
>Artilleryman
you can be dumb but not an artilleryman
>>
>>35142441
>military
>/fit/

/fit/ hates cardio and military is 90% cardio 9% carrying gear and 1% carrying other shit.
If you can't run a cooper test you should stay away from the military if you don't want to become a POG or a boot camp dropout.
>>
>>35144569
Yeah, but special forces isn't just a job you can apply for, you need to be in the military already. Would be a good job, but I doubt anyone who's posting on /fit/ has the mental fortitude to make it through the training, just statistically speaking, let alone based on character.
>>
File: 1399917714427.jpg (41KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1399917714427.jpg
41KB, 360x480px
Barman at a gay bar

It's a legitimate profession which provides plenty of income to support one's family
>>
>>35144600
Barman at any bar actually, being attractive is pretty important in getting hired, and being fit helps with that.
>>
File: 1444233481821.jpg (181KB, 1186x1782px) Image search: [Google]
1444233481821.jpg
181KB, 1186x1782px
>>35144612
Yeah but normies don't tip and women expect free drinks instead of giving money, so it's not a profession that provides plenty of income.

I'm just saying. no homo or anything
>>
>>35142602
that's why you wear filtered helmets, worth the investment in the long run
>>
>>35144593
I completely understand that, and no,there are some forces that do take ppl as civilians for example navy seals, they draw from civilians, rangers too ans special forces(green berets). Yes statistically i understand what you say, i'm training fuckin hard for it already for some time now, from what ppl say its mostly about being mentally resillient
>>
>>35144724
I had heard that, but I just assumed I misheard, but still, I can't imagine it's very doable without some sort of military style experience.

And yep, from everything I've seen it's mostly willpower based whether you pass or not, obviously you need to be in good shape, but it's much more about how can you hold out in terrible situations, or being interrogated. Even that is a part of it, how's your ability to lie under pressure, do you miss details, all of that sort of stuff is a big part. I'd honestly say that a big part of your training should be putting yourself in harsh scenarios, camping in the wild with minimal materials (no prefabricated tents, for one) or whatever you can think of really, alongside physical training. Get mentally prepared for it.
>>
Commercial archaeologist.

Mostly shovelling and carrying awkward heavy shit around all day, interspersed with hiking for walkover surveys. That's what I do, and whilst it's no necessary (I work with some real slobs) my fit status has made m a much more productive worker than them.
>>
File: Kiss_of_life.jpg (323KB, 945x1319px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss_of_life.jpg
323KB, 945x1319px
>>35142527
>>
File: 1446925854803.jpg (105KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1446925854803.jpg
105KB, 540x810px
>>35141945
This is just me but I've thought about if my future law profession didn't work out what I would do and I figure I'd be a fire fighter. Actually is active, pretty good pay, unlike police officer no one actively tries to kill you, people think of you as a hero, bitches love them, most the time you're at the station sitting around playing xbox, can have a dog on the job

I mean I think they even have weights at the station
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.