[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Differences/benefits with using a power rack/freeweights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

ITT: Differences/benefits with using a power rack/freeweights instead of smith machine/machines
>>
You wont build any more muscle with freeweights. Use the safest option. Mahchines are not necessarily safer but some are.
>>
>>35139293
Not sure if srs
>>
>>35139303

Srs, a smith bench press will build as much muscle as a freeweight bench. Why would you believe otherwise?
>>
File: Mucus.jpg (592KB, 750x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Mucus.jpg
592KB, 750x3500px
Free weights work stabilizers too so it is more effective
>>
>>35139347

Why, your prime movers (which are bigger) gets held back by stabilizer strength. If anything machines build more.
>>
>>35139361
K
>>
>>35139293
This is bait.
>>
Why the fuck would we ever need this thread? Stop replying to this bullshit

>>35139265
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>35139265
You probably want to train your stabilizers too. It's essential (that is my opinion) for any workout that you train your muscles with exercises that are as natural as possible. That's why I would avoid machines as much as possible. It's probably more of a workout philosophy thing, but it seems pretty plausible to me that using machines will probably cause a lack of functional strength® and therefore bottlenecks in the future.
>>
Why is it always the big guys that you see using the smith? At least that's what I've noticed.
>>
>>35139265
Machines are safer, more effective and isolate specific muscles better. Freeweights are a meme that keeps getting pushed here by hipsters who think they're special for doing lifts that no-one else with a brain does. There is no reason to ever use free weights if your gym has a full selection of machines that target each body part. 'Muh stabilizers' is a meme and has no grounding in reality, your stabilizers will be fine and just as good if not better with machine workouts
>>
>>35139435

Beause they work
>>
>>35139470

What the fuck do people even mean by stabilizers. Is it muscles that are secondary in movements like the side delts on bench press? Or it it something else?

If its that, why the fuck even bother with freeweights when you can just do another exercise for the stabilizers afterwards...
>>
>>35139470
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>35139568
Go do it with the smith machine then if you're so fucking stubborn
>>
please dont fall for this trap. i've wasted more than 1 year on the leg press...
then after i finally wasn't scared of squats and deadlifts anymore i got stretchmarks after 3 months of doing them. also my legs felt stronger than ever and indeed more functional.
>>
>>35139614

Perhaps because you did 1/4 ROM leg presses smartass?
>>
>>35139617
no i did full range of motion ofcourse.
why the fuck bother calling me a smart ass when i have experience with this.
i'm just trying to warn others not to make the same mistake i did.

if you don't want to believe me go ahead be stubborn, make the same mistake just know this: a fool learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from other people's mistakes.
>>
>>35139647
this.there are so many idiots doing heavy lat pulldowns and then they discover they can't do 5 pullups because their stabilizing muscles are weak or their shoulder mobility is fucked because they cheated on their ROM
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.