[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ Lately I've been having some strange pain on my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: yeaea.png (226KB, 317x304px) Image search: [Google]
yeaea.png
226KB, 317x304px
Hey /fit/
Lately I've been having some strange pain on my hip. It's accentuated by my squats.
Is there something wrong with my form?

here is sort of where it is. It's only on one side
>>
File: yeaea.png (225KB, 296x304px) Image search: [Google]
yeaea.png
225KB, 296x304px
>>35014749
my bad its actually a bit higher, on the side
>>
File: death stretch.jpg (683KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
death stretch.jpg
683KB, 2448x3264px
Hip flexor pain. Same here actually. Try to do some deep lunge stretches occasionally throughout the day, and stretch your hip flexors while warming up with some walking lunges.

This stretch also helps, especially if you lean forward more
>>
its most likely a thing called anterior femoral glide. eric cressey has a nice article on it, google it up.

basically, stop overextending your back, extend your hips fully at the top and push your knees out more during the whole movement. you might want to try the hip abduction machine for a warmup.

people will tell you to stretch a broken muscle. thats retarded, and will just aggravate things in this case. you can gently massage the are though.

and i just want to say this shit should be in the sticky, i see a thread about this at least once a week, way more often than any other thing like this comes up.
>>
>>35014793
ill try this tonight, thanks!
>>
>>35014793
called it

and the cues i gave apply to squats and somewhat to deadlifts.
regards, >>35014799

>>35014810
dont
>>
>>35014749
Do stares
>>
>>35014815
>anterior femoral glide
excellent im looking at some videos.
>>
>>35014815
>>35014799

I'll have to look into this, though FAGS and tight hip flexors are often concurrent

I'll read the article later today and post if the thread is still up
>>
>>35014879
>>35014815
>>35014799
first thing I saw, accurately describes the pain im feeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl6hHNgFWI
now this is a stretch but you guys recommend not stretching? What would you recommend
>>
>>35014879
they are concurrent, but stretching it isnt a good solution and i just get buttmad when people advice stretching anything that is in pain or somehow broken. it makes no sense, if you get a wound in your arm are you gonna go and stretch it?

stupid metaphor but the point is there
>>
>>35014902
that video is legit to my understanding, just dont do regular hip flexor stretches.
>>
>>35014906

Nah I see your point. In my case I already squat narrow so I need to investigate more. Pain came after snatches though so we'll see.
>>
i had the same thing. I kept squatting but I also started stretching my hip flexors but the pain only got worse and worse. If I wasn't squatting I wouldn't feel anything at all but as I warmed up and started my working sets the pain got worse and worse. Eventually I couldn't squat at all with heavy weights because the pain got extreme. I had to take 2.5 weeks of complete rest except for some upper body bodyweight exercises. I hope you are able to recover quicker than I did.

I suggest taking a week off of lifting, don't even stretch those muscles. When you go back, if you start to feel any discomfort in that area stop immediately and rest at least for another week.

Once the pain is completely gone while lifting start stretching those muscles.
>>
>>35015028

Lol, just took a form check and I was in lumbar extension.
>>
>>35014906

dunno if you're still here but let me know if this is on the right track:

>snatching and cleaning require lumbar extension
>do high volume of both lifts during most workouts
>aggravate anterior capsule because of FAGS
>move on to squats, pain in hip flexor region causes too much forward lean
>try to stretch hip flexor, just make it worse

the only difficulty now is that there needs to be a way to reconcile anterior capsule aggravation during the classics with the squat afterwards. You can't exactly 'spread the floor' on a snatch so improving hip flexor mobility after anterior discomfort has healed could mitigate the requirement for lumbar extension and correct the movement pattern
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.