[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginner routine but not really a beginner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: tray man.gif (2MB, 265x303px) Image search: [Google]
tray man.gif
2MB, 265x303px
I've been lifting for around a year, but when I started I didn't know that apparently it's a good idea to do SS, Reg Park, SL or whatever. I've just been doing PPL or Upper/Lower this whole time. Does this mean that if I did one of those beginner routines now it could benefit me like it does a beginner?
>>
>>35004298
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>35004298
Do you squat 140kg? Bench a 100 or DL 180?

If you don't ----> beginner's strength routine
>>
>>35004298
What are your height/weight stats and have you been applying the progressive overload principles during the last year?

The only thing that makes the novice routines optimal is that they're more time efficient for the gains that are possible to new lifters.
>>
>>35004333
5'11, 150 lbs. Yeah I always try to go up in weight (or reps)

As for stats idk, I've never gone below like 3x8
>>
>>35004358
>5'11, 150 lbs

you should try actually lifting, hungry skeleton
>>
>>35004557
I don't look skelly though

Am I really that much of a lightweight baby?
>>
>>35004298

SL 5x5 plus accessory lifts , I recommend Jason Blahas beginner program
>>
>>35004298
you can be beginner for 5 years or 5 months

its based on jow strong you are and a safe measure its 1/2/3/4
>>
>>35004661
>its based on jow strong you are

I thought it was when you stopped being able to make lol easy noob gains?
>>
>>35004635
this, blahahaha's program actually worked really well for me.
>>
>>35004945
And you're right.

And for OP SL is the most straightforward and the extra volume is fine to begin with. SS will give you great linear gains plus power cleans are great. The program ends up looking a lot like Reg Parks by the end. Reg Parks has a very slow linear progression so is nice to extend that out, and if you're not sure what to do leaves a lot of options open. You get to focus on your lower legs and arms a bit more, get a few curls in and front squat (it's good to clean into the front squat too, this keeps it even more similar to SS)
You get to keep the options open a little longer with Reg and it works well whether in the end you decide to go down a powerlifting, oly lifting or bodybuilding route
>>
>>35005770
>and it works well whether in the end you decide to go down a powerlifting, oly lifting or bodybuilding route

Well I've basically already been doing the "bodybuilding" route (high volume, accessories) for about a year, I'm just wondering if doing something like Reg Park will do me much good at this later stage
>>
>>35005828
If you haven't already done a strength routine, the high volume accessories you may well find are going to have not done you very much good.
>>
>>35005929
Why is that?
I made it from skinnyfat to almostotter
>>
>>35004307
thread could have ended there
>>
File: 1396805223740.jpg (85KB, 562x467px) Image search: [Google]
1396805223740.jpg
85KB, 562x467px
>>35005828
Rippetoe has said it's not too late for anyone to do a strength program and get those benefits. Go for it
>>
>>35006071
Well maybe. What are your lifts
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.