[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So I've got this pain in pic related, mostly when I'm barbell bench pressing. I press on a tendon in that area and it hurts. It doesn't hurt that bad when I'm benching, but the next day it hurts pretty badly if I don't take ibuprofen. What is this tendon and how can I make it stop hurting? I've also got some pretty bad pain on the outside of my elbow, especially when I straighten out my elbow.
>>
ROTATOR CUFF

ACTIVATE SERRATUS ANTERIOR, LOWER TRAPS, TRANSVERSE ABDOMINIS, DEEP CERVICAL FLEXORS.

STABILIZE YOUR SCAPULA PLEASE BEFORE YOU FUCK YOUR SHOULDER UP GOOD.
>>
>>34554129
Fuck. Guess I'll go easy on the bench press for a while.
>>
>>34554129
You can try explaining what you're talking about instead of typing weird shit in caps. OP YouTube tucking your shoulders for bench. I think scooby does the best job for explaining bench
>>
>>34554214
The thing is, I feel like I have pretty good form on the bench press. I really press my scapula on the bench, have a slight arch in my lower back, tuck my elbows a bit on the way down. I'm thinking maybe it's the weighted pullups that have caused this pain. Do pullups even affect your rotator cuff?
>>
>>34554094
Take a few weeks off of your bench and other press movements to see if it heals. Dont keep working it out if it hurts ffs.

Spend that time focusing on squats and dl.
>>
>>34554169
you probably have shit form brah. go watch some form videos and fix yourself before you wreck yourself.
>>
>>34554758
>squats and deadlifts

go away rippletits
>>
>>34554094
Not sure if same injury as I had, mine was like right by the bone. But I had to stop lifting entirely for Ike 2-3 weeks. Fully recovered, but I do not suggest training until it's healed
>>
>>34554094
Really want to help since this happened to me long ago and I didn't get help, so now I have scar tissue that inflames every few months when working out.
IT's probably not form, you probably just pushed yourself to hard. Do you really struggle on every last rep for each set? That could be it.
Don't give max effort on any lift, no matter how good form you have if youre really struggling you'll recrute random muscles and that'll snap your shit up.
Nwo for recovery.
Ice all head of deltoid, rotator cuff is a collection of tin little muscle that need all heads tended to whenever injured. Also ice bicep and tricep.
Buy a lacross ball and press it between the wall and your arm. If your elbow hurts you could also have tendonitis. Rub the ball on your tricep and bicep insertion points. Really dig in around the tendon itself. Sports therapy is not supposed to be pleasant...
Do very light weight isolation lifts for bis tris and front delt (if thats only head that hurts...)
Your body wont heal if it isnt asked to adapt to the demands you place on it. Most fundamental rue of muscle growth, you tear it apart and it grows back stronger Remaining dormant will allow scar tissue to form over inflammation.
Good luck anon
oh and look up glaston technique on top of lacrosse ball
>>
>>34555007
>Do you really struggle on every last rep for each set? That could be it.
I've been doing this for 4 years, but I've never had a problem until now. You're right though, I do go very heavy on biceps, triceps, and shoulders.

Thanks for all the tips man, I'll ice up and start looking into smr. I'll go easy for 2 weeks and see if the pain goes away.
>>
Your shoulder pain is inflammation of the tendon of the large head of the biceps. Elbow thing is probably tennis elbow.

Did you just recently start lifting? In that case it's pretty normal, and you can keep working out. Obviously stop if you notice it's getting worse and worse.
Are you roided out and exercising more than you should? Then you need to stop lifting until it stops hurting.
>>
>>34554094
Check out mark rips bench press video on the art of manliness page. That video actually helped my bench increase a good 10 pounds off the bat first time I tried and I feel like I'm working the chest a lot more now. Thank you based rip
>>
>>34555499
YouTube channel I meant. The art of manliness YouTube channel or whatever the fuck it is
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.