[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ what do??? I have terrible posture as a result of neglect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: puno-dsc_6713-4.jpg (299KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
puno-dsc_6713-4.jpg
299KB, 1536x1024px
/fit/ what do??? I have terrible posture as a result of neglect over the years and now I'm sick of the way I look. I really want a clean posture, any exercises that can fix this or am I fucked?
>>
>>34551645
Corrective stretches > exercises.
>>
>>34551663
but bad posture and muscles imbalances are generally a combination of a weak muscle and a short muscle
so it does make sense to exercise and stretch

op, you better do your own research
>>
>>34551645
Maybe take 2 minutes of your day laying on a flat floor. Make sure to do that either a good 10-15 minutes before working out, or after stretching after working out. This will avoid post-workout soreness.
Don't over do it or you might hurt yourself in the long run.
Couple it with corrective exercising and stretches.

Do back exercises.
Hang on to a monkey bar. Both upside down and upside right to stretch your spine.

Know which posture related deformation you have and find appropriate methods to correct them.

Generally:
Avoid sitting for prolonged hours.
Correct your posture whenever you can. Look in a mirror to help, or ask one of your friends. If they find it weird then their clueless to the benefits of proper posture.
Take a few minutes to be upright if you work on a computer most of the time. Do so every 45-60 minutes. The more you're upright the better.

There are other tips but I'm not that knowledgeable. Visit a chiropractor for more complete information and possible treatment and advice from certified professionals.

I have pretty bad posture, but I've been working on it for a few months. Find the habits that enable shity posture and weed them out or modify them.
Bad posture can hamper other things in your body down the line from hip rotation to everything else that's related to your back.(pretty much everything)
It's worth it. :)
>>
>>34551795
Also. Trial and error.
>>
>>34551795
Thank you, what have you been doing for your posture.
>>34551779
thanks will do
>>34551663
okay thanks
>>
>>34551926
Mainly I'm doing anything. Everything I listed I've been doing, except for the monkey bar hanging.
Any back workout will aid in building the muscles on your back to keep posture corrected, but alone they can damage or do nothing for your posture. I visited a chiropractor a while ago and they suggested I use a foam roller to make my middle-back more flexible.
It depends on the severity of your postures condition.
Mostly, I attempt to correct it when I notice I'm slouching, neck forward, etc.
Also helps to adjust your bed posture. Having piles of pillows under your head does something to your neck over the years. Aswell as sitting for long hours. These things I try to limit.
Same with being on my phone. A notorious habit. Affects the neck and posture.
Good luck! I highly suggest visiting a chiropractor if your posture is accompanied by pain, and even more so if your posture isn't as bad yet, so corrective measures can be applied.l early on.
Gotta figure out what kind of posture imbalance you have, or some methods can do more harm than good.
>>
>>34553223
In addition, if you're going to lay down on the floor fold a blanket/bedsheet for a head rest, or spread a bed cover on the floor to avoid unwanted damage to the spinal column. Use a carpeted floor if possible. The goal is to have a flat surface to stretch the spine NATURALLY on without it being like bedrock hard.
Maybe a yoga mat would be better.

Do some research on your condition and possible alternatives to chiropractic services. But it shouldn't replace their professional opinions/advice in cases of severe posture related misalignment.
>>
File: tumblr_nv05xx3zdy1teueaxo1_500.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv05xx3zdy1teueaxo1_500.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>34551795
>avoid sitting for long hours

And this is the reason I will quit my job as a videogame tester, or any real office job.

Now if only I knew what the fuck to do....
>>
>>34553301
Well you don't have to quit either occupation. Just take some time to stand up and walk around and stretch a bit.
>>
yoga + deadlifts
>>
>>34553301
Here's a pic. I can't give you real answers because I'm not certified or trained for it, and would leave a nasty taste on my conscious mind.
Identify your problem and do appropriate therapy for it.

If you want a quick answer with effective treatment and advice all together visit a chiropractor. You'll be happy you did. And plus they may give you a free massage if you're really stiff.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 640x360px
>>34551645
Stretching and/or yoga is a great idea, just be regular with it.

Exercise wise, focus on the posterior chain as well as your core (abs, obliques, lower back). These are a few good options:

Deadlifts
Straight Leg Deadlifts
Good Mornings
Back Raises/Back Extensions
Pull-ups

Planks (front, sides, and back)
Decline Sit-ups
Leg Raises
Dumbbell Side Tilts
Russian Twists
Back Raises/Back Extensions
>>
>>34553494
>dat ass tho
>no homo
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 236x354px
>>34553506
No homo inferred. Sumo wrestlers have surprisingly impressive booty gains.
>>
Squeeze your butt, blow the air out with your abs, externally rotate your shoulders(meaning back and out), relax everything but your abs. Its going to seem weird at first but keep those abs contracted.
Also, learn how to breathe.
Also check mwod(i know crossfit gay shit, but trust me kelly starret has great stuff about movement, posture and mobility)
>>
File: Posture_14f34f_5596807.jpg (31KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
Posture_14f34f_5596807.jpg
31KB, 500x343px
>>34553403
>>
File: Back.png (192KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Back.png
192KB, 500x280px
Just get you one of these brah
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.