[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /fit/ I'm finally getting serious about my body since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: i_always_win.jpg (26KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
i_always_win.jpg
26KB, 460x460px
Yo /fit/ I'm finally getting serious about my body since I look like a fucking piece of shit and I'm tired of it. I've already cut soda and junk out of my diet and I'm gonna be going shopping tomorrow for not shit food. I'm already feeling better having that shit out of my diet. I got a long ways to go but I got this shit. I did want to ask though, what is a good body weight workout. I don't have a gym remotely close to me and I don't really have the cash to drop on weights but I'm going for weight loss though so I don't really know on this. Tips?
>Pic not related
>>
>>34531702

1) Read the sticky.
2) Stop being a pussy and go to the fucking gym. It's 2015. Your closest gym really truly isn't *that* far.
>>
>>34531702
If you have a car you'll make it to a gym. Some of my friends go towns over to hit the gym.
>>
>>34531714
Dude stfu this guy needs positive reinforcement not you being a hardass
>>
>>34531714
I live in a tiny fucking town man. I'm not about to fucking walk 45 miles to the next town over.
>>
>>34531721
I don't have a car man. I'm a poor college student in a tiny ass town. I don't mind saving up for a set of weights if I really need to but if there is a body weight work out it would save me a hell of a lot of money.
>>
>>34531740
Thanks man
>>
>>34531743

This is depressing. Is there really no high school or even middle school around you that might have a gym? Worst case scenario, the dumb convict conditioning is probably as good as it gets, but it's no substitute for a good weight room.

I guess if I were you I would just run like hell.
>>
>>34531752

Your college has nothing? Excuse me for being a "hard ass," but 90% of the people that make these claims are actually just being vaginas about physically walking into a gym. I really don't understand it. Like, how fucking self absorbed are you? People aren't watching you. Nobody fucking cares. If anything, you'll have more respect than any fat ass out there on the streets not doing anything about it.
>>
>>34531770
Theres a high school a mile down the road but I dont think it has a weight room. I'm new to this area (long fucking story on how i ended up here) but I doubt they'd just let some random guy go in the school. I've just started running a few nights ago and it might end up being what I have to do.
>>
>>34531792
I'm going to college online m8
Couldn't afford to move across the country to go there
>>
>>34531792
And I have been that pussy who says that their gonna get into shape and just stops. I've fucking had it with looking like a piece of shit. I don't really care what needs to be done at this point but I hate my body and I gotta man up and fix this shit.
>>
>>34531796
>>34531807
>>34531836

First off, seriously, go ask the high school. If a town as small as you're making it sound like, I don't think it would be that weird to explain your situation (you just moved to town and are looking to get back into shape) to somebody in the front office, or perhaps a PE teacher or some shit. I think you'd have better luck in person than over the phone, but maybe if you can get a hold of a PE teacher's email you could directly email them and ask? Idk.

Like I said, you can also do convict conditioning, but it's really meh. If you really can't find a gym, keep running, but make sure you're using a track where you can record your distance progress, or an app like runkeeper or whatever. IMO its easy to get burnt out running only if you aren't doing something to constantly monitor your progress.

But, it sounds like you're not making excuses, so good for you. Just keep it up and make sure to eat right.
>>
>>34531752
save up like 100 bucks and get a set of adjustable dumbbells. Those dumbbells alone with take your miles further then a solely body weight exercise. Definitely go for the heavier weights you can afford so you don't have to end up buying extra weights when you out grow tiny ones. Watch scooby, he likes using dumbbells and body weight exercises, plus his advice is on point. But if you want to get serious about lifting, a gym really is your best bet. But this is a start, and thats already better than most of the population.

http://dumbbell-exercises.com/
http://www.amazon.com/105-Adjustable-Cast-Iron-Dumbbells/dp/B009GC76NW/ref=sr_1_2?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1444797612&sr=1-2&keywords=adjustable+dumbbells

I used these and they're cheap and good. Not the best, but if you want cheap you can't really get the best. They hold together and wont break on your feet. Get the 105lb kit, it will have all the weight you need to get started plus growing room. Good luck bro, I started this way, and I was a skinny autist who watched minecraft streams. If I can make it, you can make it.
>>
>>34531893
I'll go down tomorrow then and see whats up. If anything I'll try the training and see how it works out. Thanks man I'm hoping to loose this weight and finally get in shape.
>>34531896
I'll will try to do that for sure. Thanks man.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.