[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extreme Willpower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Does anyone have any resources or advice on how to build extreme willpower? I've tried searching for it sporadically over the last few days but all I've found are moderate willpower goals like "lose ten pounds" or "stop being lazy". I'm looking for something more extreme, something along the lines of building the willpower to go three or four days without food, go a night or two without sleep, withstand pain, exercise incredible discipline in the pursuit of goals, etc.

I know this sounds edgy as fuck but I'm mainly interested because I think developing willpower to this level will enable me to achieve my life goals, like receiving a great education, getting really /fit/, becoming a better person, and ultimately my number one goal: being a truly amazing dad.

Was hoping someone here might have something, this seems like the only board to really ask. If you guys have nothing I'll keep searching but if you do, thank you in advance.
>>
File: 1424100853030.png (329KB, 496x654px) Image search: [Google]
1424100853030.png
329KB, 496x654px
>>32049353

>to go three or four days without food, go a night or two without sleep,

This is one the most moronic goals I've ever seen on this board.
>>
Usually to get things done you don't need extreme will power just the ability to build good habits and getting used to reflecting on how you do things and figuring out how you can do them better.
>my number one goal: being a truly amazing dad
respect
>>
>>32049403

To clarify, those things aren't goals of mine are things that I want to do. I'm talking about having the willpower to do those things if need be, if that makes sense. Or more accurately, willpower that's strong enough to carry those things out.
>>
Buy a fedora and start browsing Art of manliness

But in seriousness you need just too develop a mindset of: "well this sucks, meh lets roll with it and try to make the best of it"
>>
I know you guys are discouraging me from this and maybe with good reason but I'm still intent on pursuing this. Any resources/advice? I guess this will be my last bump and I'll let it die. Thanks to everyone for the responses so far.
>>
>>32049458
No, that's beta.

Take a look at all the alpha men from history and ones you currently know. They didn't 'roll with it' if they didn't agree, they actively sought a change.
>>
>>32049426
Willpower isnt something you just get by doing one increadible feat of displine, its a daily thing,keeping strict habits everyday, working hard everyday, if you really want more willpower join the millitary, or if thats to extreme join a boxing gym or other martial art And practice,practice,prpractice.
>>
>>32049480
He's saying there's sometimes things that you can't change or have control over so you try to work through it rather than giving up. Nothing "beta" about it.
>>
>>32049490

That makes sense. I would join the military for willpower but I'm already so wrapped up in uni that it just can't work, plus wouldn't want to leave friends and family. I've actually wanted to join a boxing gym for a while but money is an issue right now. Any other ideas?
>>
>>32049508
For fucks sake man it's that mentality that's stopping you from accomplishing things
>>
>>32049426
If you ask me, willpower comes with age and experience. Getting a job and developing work ethic, dealing with problems, understanding other people, setting goals, experiencing hardships, realizing stuff about me, life and what is going on around me turned me from a boy into a more functional and aware person.
>>
>>32049508
You could become a natty guard or reservist And not have to leave home, and since your in a uni you could go in as a officer.
>>
>>32049520

Honestly I just need a better solution...I'm already in a five year minimum degree plan, military would turn that into six. My family is also very important to me. I'm willing to go to extreme lengths to develop willpower but there are other variables to consider.
>>
>>32049490
Partly this.

Meditate, OP. None of that chakra third eye shit (unless you want to), but a mindful calm meditation. It makes you aware of things, like when and why your willpower wains. Additionally it just puts you in an better mindset overall. Look up yuttadhamo bhikku's tutorial on meditation
>>
>>32049534

Not a bad idea actually. My only reservation is that it seems lame to me to enlist without the intent of serving, but I suppose I might be able to work around that.
>>
>>32049479
The military, they will pay you train willpower.

>>32049480
I say improvise adapt overcome, if you can master these three things and your set to go.

Also if you look at history most of those "alpha men" had some dumb share luck on their side. You don't remember the one who tried and failed?
>>
>>32049541

Thanks bro, I will. Putting that into my research list right now.
>>
Read Batman comics
>be batman
>>
>>32049353
Try living in constant pain. That tends to build mental strength out of necessity.
>>
>>32050210
>CRAAAAAAAWWWWWLLLLLLIIIIINNNGGGG IIIIINNNNN MY SKIIIIINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32049353
prayer, meditation, nipple clamps, wrestling. A willingness and capability to destroy your own body will ultimately make it stronger. Stop listening to people, stop reading voices of reason
>>
I went through the SERE C course.
After that I'm pretty sure everything else that I might go through is a cakewalk.
>>
>>32049353
Hey OP, check out Victor Pride's 30 days of discipline.
Godspeed
>>
>>32049353
Hit rock bottom. Gotta go through hell before you get to heaven
>>
OP?
If you dont want to be dyel for the rest of your miserable shitty life start going to the gym.

You will start with six days of lifting a week, sunday will be your only god damned rest day. God wants you to rest on sunday, so sleep up and smoke all the mary janes on sunday.

Good luck
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.