[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does lifting correct postural issues? May have anterior pelvic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (45KB, 472x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 472x471px
Does lifting correct postural issues?

May have anterior pelvic tilt, weak glutes, and just some general posture problems.

Will lifting solve these? I don't want to get into stretching or any shit like that, just wondering if straight up lifting will have the side effect of fixing the postural problems?
>>
>>31974629
No. It'll make them worse if you don't know what you're doing.

Google around a bit, they're easy to fix though. Anterior pelvic tilt for an example is caused by strong tight quads and the glutes, maybe hamstrings and abs being loose.

The obvious solution here is to stretch quads, build muscle in the abs, glutes and maybe hamstrings. Aswell as consciously making a posture change: Tense your abs, tense your glutes and maybe hamstrings. You'll feel your hips rotate forward. It'll feel weird at first, but keep doing it whenever you can, and it'll eventually feel natural (and it is)

Other posture problems follow the same principle. Don't stretch muscles that are already loose.
>>
>>31974749
Well I don't really know if I have it for sure. But I guess doing the steps to correct it won't hurt.

But you're saying if I just started squatting or deadlifting now a lot then it wouldn't help and actually hurt me?
>>
>>31974774
>Well I don't really know if I have it for sure.
Do you sit a lot? 90% chance you have it.
If you wear a belt, does the belt buckle point downwards? If so, then you have it for sure (unless you're fat or something)

>But you're saying if I just started squatting or deadlifting now a lot then it wouldn't help and actually hurt me?
Aslong as you start fixing the issues as you lift, there'll be no problems with lifting as you fix them.
The problem is if you never fix them, and eventually get to lifting very heavy, they'll be your weak point and injure you eventually.

Here's a really good read for it. It's pretty spot-on about everything, surprisingly. The same methods can be applied to all posture problems (e.g. if you're a hunchback, stretch pecs and work out your back more)
http://www.swolept.com/posts/fixing-anterior-pelvic-tilt-posture-tricks-to-make-your-butt-and-gut-smaller
>>
>>31974863
Okay yeah I'm pretty sure my belt is lower than the back of my pants if I have one, but I'd have to check.

I do sit a lot. Obviously. The main reason I thought about fixing it is (correct me if I'm wrong) but having apt makes your pelvis appear wider as your glutes are weak.
>>
>>31975075
>http://www.swolept.com/posts/fixing-anterior-pelvic-tilt-posture-tricks-to-make-your-butt-and-gut-smaller
>>
>>31974629

Anterior pelvic tilt is neccesary in the squat you moron. You need for when you lift.

There is a battle between your hamstring and lower back for the pelvis. The lower back must win, and do so must be in line with the pelvis, which is obtained through anterior pelvic tilt.
>>
>>31977705
What does any of that have to do with having poor posture and APT while not lifting you god damn fool?
>>
>>31977948
Doing a heavy exercise repetitively will eventually affect your posture.
>>
>>31974629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEn61BL4Nwk
yo bak is whak
>>
http://bretcontreras.com/current-position-statement-on-anterior-pelvic-tilt/
>>
>>31974629
I didn't take my bad postural issues whilst lifting/rowing and it made it tens times more painful. I am now lifting again but with the guidance of a physiotherapist, still getting gains and my back feels way better.

I'd recommend you should do something like this.
>>
>>31974629
"Your back is whack" part 1+2 on YouTube by based Alan Thrall.
>>
>>31974629
Yes.
>I don't want to get into stretching or any shit like that, just wondering if straight up lifting will have the side effect of fixing
You've already got the right mindset. Free weights, no smith machine. Good luck.
>>
>>31974629
Who is this scrotum golem?
>>
This may be a stupid question but are you supposed to walk around with your core and abs flexed?
>>
>>31979395
>not knowing based mia kalifa
>ishygddt
>>
>>31979395
bruh...
>>
>>31979480
You should think about slightly sucking in your navel towards your spine.
>>
>>31979288
This
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.