[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top five gym grinds thread >calluses >sweat monsters not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 13

File: 1352854286739.jpg (14KB, 320x248px) Image search: [Google]
1352854286739.jpg
14KB, 320x248px
Top five gym grinds thread

>calluses
>sweat monsters not wiping down
>kids with spine crunching form
>terrible maintenance of equipment
>over eager spotters

Whats yours?
>>
>People wearing gloves
>People hating calluses
>Not putting weights on the racks in the right order
>Using the power rack to do pullups
>Groups of teens each taking a bench and taking 2 minutes between sets
>>
People at the gym the same time I am
>>
>>29207385
this
>>
>asians
>blacks
>hispanics
>white people
>indians
>>
>>29207382
how do you deal with calluses then?
I pare them down but shit, i always cut one too thin.
If i dont pare them, they rip off
>>
File: 1394990528821.jpg (92KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
1394990528821.jpg
92KB, 491x491px
>>29207423
>>
>>29207449
I just leave them.
>>
>>29207332
>that dude who uses 3 fucking stations at once
>two turkish guys who bring thier own boombox to the gym with them and play shit rap at a loud ass level
>Timmy testosterone and his gang of roiders who use up an entire section of the gym and grunt and yell and talk loudly
>>
>>29207449
>pare them down
what the fuck is this?
>i always cut one too thin.
what the fuck is this?

hand maintenance becomes important for olympic lifters because there's higher chance of shit getting torn during heavy cleans or snatches compared to a deadlift.
you get a callous file and grind it off completely. then you lotion up your hands.

the worst thing you can do for your callous is to cut it with a nail clipper.
>>
>dude straddling the bench press station and curling so he could put the EZcurl bar on the safety catches

>grills in yoga pants doing anything near me while i'm trying to RDL without snapping my dick off

>people that squat lower than me, i'm inflexible bros, don't think less of me ;_;
>>
>that guy that gets on the bench next to you, loads up the exact weight and does a half rep
>people wearing those Bane masks
>people using a belt on 1 plate squats
>those group of faggots that take 2 benches and 5 dumbell sets
>old people's existence
>>
>>29207385
I concur.
>>
>Chalk everywhere
>Retarded machines
>Retarded equipment
>Nipple showing wife beaters
>Sweat on errthang
>>
>>29207385
Yep, me too. I swear to god I'm going to buy a house just so I can put a gym in it.
>>
>Wearing hats at the gym
>Wearing gloves, wraps, and using a neck pad while squatting 95lbs
>Switching bars around without replacing them
>Taking the bar out of the cage for rows but not putting it back
>grills wearing a shit load of make up at the gym
>>
>>29207332
>that guy watching everyone intently so they can post about it later on /fit/

I literally don't pay attention to people in the gym.
>>
>>29207533
>inflexible

Do some yoga son
>>
>>29207550
>hating on gym equipment
>hating on girls looking proper for the gym but hating on guys who just want to workout in hats without looking pretty
wanna know how i know you're dyel
>>
>>29207535
>bane masks?
wut? naw?
>>
File: 28[1].jpg (459KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
28[1].jpg
459KB, 1200x800px
>>29207582
you haven't seen these oxygen masks? I have to control myself from laughing every time I see one
>>
>>29207553

Yeah, I just put my headphones in and mind my own fucking business.
>>
>>29207601
wow, no.. thank fuck its not a thing in my local
>>
>>29207332
>calluses
Why do you need silky smooth palms faggot?
>>
>>29207601

my gym is 99.9% old people and DYELs, is this actually a real thing?
>>
>>29207601
oh don't get me started on that stuff...
>>
>>29207612
because callouses mean they get ripped during heavy lifts which will get you some kind of infection from the disgusting gym equipment and prevent you from lifting your normal sets not because of the pain but because it'll only rip again if you lift before it heals. Do you even lift?
>>
>>29207621
>>29207606
it's supposed to be used for high altitude training, like for mountain climbing

except no one who uses these actually climbs mountains tall enough to require specific lung training
>>
>>29207601
If you pulled that off,would he die?
>>
>>29207575
I should specify it's wearing brand new New Era swag fag hats that I hate, not just any hats. I just hate when people focus on looking good at the gym instead of trying to look good after
>>
>Walking through the gym, seeing what's available.

>Bench is being used, legpress being used, somebody's on that bench using free weights, ah sweet the squat rack is open.

>Bad etiquette though, somebody left their weights on the bar. Start removing weights when suddenly halfway across the room...

>Guy on the leg-press: "Hey dude, I'm using that rack, leave the weights there."

Scum of the earth.
>>
>>29207612
>get on my level son
after 180kg deadlift my calluses will tear without tons of chalk
>>
>>29207449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s
>>
>>29207682
For you.

Wait, fuck
>>
File: 1413484279165.jpg (80KB, 591x729px) Image search: [Google]
1413484279165.jpg
80KB, 591x729px
>>29207601
You can't even make this shit up.
>>
there's nothing wrong with elevation masks you fucking retards, it forces you to breathe harder which strengthens your diaphragm.
>>
>>29207897
;)
>>
People that ask to work in when you're doing something with a bar on the floor like rows or deadlifts. For one, the gym has plenty of bars that you can use yourself. It's not like the bench or squat rack where there's only one and people have to take turns. Secondly, it's a goddamn pain in the ass to swap out plates when the bar is on the floor. Fuck off and get your own bar.
>>
File: for you.jpg (35KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
35KB, 560x300px
>>29207897
I WAS WONDERING WHAT WOULD BREAK FIRST
>>
>>29208050
looks like he's wearing an oversized beanie hat
>>
File: 1412196348606.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
1412196348606.gif
1MB, 167x170px
>>29207897
>>
>>29207546
how are they supposed to not show your nipples, anon?
i-i guess you could wear a bra..
>>
>>29207332
>hey brah, need a spot
It's like I'm the only one that knows what safety pins are for.
>>
>>29208224
why wear the most bent top ever created in the first place?
>>
>that guy who thinks people want his advice on form
If I wanted a personal trainer I'd fucking pay for one.
>>
>groups of fuckers hogging space in a tiny gym to take pictures by the mirrors
>people with no clue trying to correct form which isnt broken or giving exercise suggestions
>ego lifting with more plates than you can count with miniscule ROM (quarter squatters and leg pressers)
>spotters that want to row when you bench and you have to correct them between sets
>using the cage/ squat rack for something that shouldnt be there (curls, DL, rows)
>>
>that son of a whore who wheels a bench into the power cage
>who then stands on the bench
>who then climbs up onto the safety bars
>who then grabs the handles on the top of the cage to do chin-ups

You ever wish so hard for someone to die your nose started to bleed?
>>
>>29208278
>hey i think you need to stand wider when you squat
>he got skelly legs

erry tiem i cri
>>
>people that want me to spot them doing negative benching with way more weight than they should be doing
>people doing leg presses and pushing down on their knees with their arms
>curlbros in a gym meant for serious lifters
>people circuit training taking up multiple pieces of equipment and get annoyed when I don't give a fuck and use that piece of equipment
>>
>>29207601

hes a big guy
>>
File: spongebob come on.jpg (47KB, 424x319px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob come on.jpg
47KB, 424x319px
>that guy that brags about squatting lmao4plate but does quarter ROM
>>
>>29207332
>those 16-20 year old douchebags with stringers and moderate lifts who go complete apeshit (grunting, shouting, smashing shit around) after every set with their buddies.. and who constantly scream "do you even lift brah" "liht weight" "fucking shredded bro".. its even more cringy since we are a german speaking country

>this one 16 year old 160cm wannab zyzz with the same chest tattoo and some huge as fuark "angel" on the back who thinks being unfriendly is being manly

>almost all the "PTs" in my gym.. some time ago when i was a beginner doing 60kg squats one of them came up to me telling me to rerack it and to watch him how to do it.. well k i didnt know shit and let him show me.. but then.. he failed to squat it.. that was impressive
>>
>>29207332
honestly the ONLY thing that bugs me at the gym are people who use squat racks for other things than squats

90 % of the time there are regular bars available to use for bench, curls or OHP so there is no reason what so ever to occupy the only squat rack
>>
>>29208448
>and who constantly scream "do you even lift brah" "liht weight" "fucking shredded bro".. its even more cringy since we are a german speaking country

I know that feel.
>>
People who click the weights at the top of lifts like DB bench and DB shoulder press
>>
>>29208428
>do DLs in the small crossfit room at my gym
>guy loads up 1pl8
>barely even squats quarter rom as fast as possible
>struggles on the last rep
>another guy in there literally jumps when he does "OHPs"
why.jpg
>>
(I go to a large, ghetto, gym in a iffy part of town)

>The gorilla groups. Basically 10 huge black guys who only bench and curl every single day, have a mob mentality and take up two benches for an hour
>The stink bomb, black guy who literally just smells rancid, every time, every day
>Every bar is left with weight on it, every dumbbell is left where it was used. The rule in my gym is that if you put your weight back you are a faggot
>The gym has 3 belts to be used by all, some idiots walk around with the belts on just doing curls and shit and I have to wait for an hour
>The attitude that some of them get when i ask them if they are using, or if i can work in or etc etc

Story time.

Walk into gym, it is fucking leg day here we go mates i am gonna crush some squats today alright i am pumped. Warm up quads lightly on leg extension, walk over to rack.
>3 black guys doing seated bicep curls in the only squat rack using the safety bars to put weight down on bottom of curl.
I just think to myself ok if i stand here maybe they will get the picture and realize that is not really what that is for. They do not move. I grab a spare bar and just set it on outside of the rack and start squatting. They are mean mugging and laughing at each other and just in general being chodes. I disregard and continue my workout.

>The greatest ever story in my opinion

Sitting there doing something with 40lb dumbbells, i don't remember what the weight was except it was the top tier of dumbbell weight rack at the highest weight the top tier held. An older black guy goes and picks up like a 50 or something, whatever the first weight is on the lower tier of dumbbell rack.
>He only got one
He proceeds to walk back over to where the incline seat is, and do concentrated one armed preacher curls. I am not paying any attention to him whatsoever. Just doing my reps. He finishes his set

>cont
>>
>>29208454
yeah no thanks i dont feel like cleaning 175lb for each set of ohp you dyel fag
>>
>Niggers
>Muslims
>Polish
>>
>>29208616
After he finishes his set he doesn't go walk and put the weight back where he got it, like 20 feet away. Instead he decides to just set his SINGLE random missmatched weight in the only two available spots. The two spots that were left open when i picked up my dumbbells.
>The entire process of him placing the weight down etc i just stared at him in disbelief, he placed weight and i continued staring, after he put his weight down i walked over, dropped my dumbbells and just threw his 50lb dumbbell to the ground, all the while shaking my head and staring at him
To this day i still see him, and he is still an ignorant nigger
>>
>>29207527

>boombox

This kebab should be removed
>>
>>29207423
Sorry you're a curry infested Indian dyel cunt that smells like shit and hinders the other lifters? I mean you listed everyone else that is statistically more guaranteed to make it
>>
>>29207535
>masks

As in plural? Who's genius idea was this shit?
>>
>>29208757
he listed indians
blind?
>>
File: gn5I2vZ.gif (426KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
gn5I2vZ.gif
426KB, 380x254px
>people who smell like shit
>gloves
>fags
>not returning weights
>people who smell like they havnt showered in a week
>>
>>29208757
You said indians, but you gotta be Malaysian mongol which is practically the same
>>
People who use the squat rack for anything but squats.

Yes i know there are exceptions, but when you're in a budget gym and two meatheads are using the only squat rack for ohp and shrugs for 20mins really grinds my gears.
>>
>>29208627
all the bars come with holders that can be adjustable for height
>>
>>29208770
Sorry brah, got ahead of myself. I corrected.
>>
>>29207601

Oh lawd.. It's the whole power band thing again
>>
At my gym once a month the owner releases the chickens from the chicken cage in the back and so there's chickens running around for like an hour while you're lifting
>>
>>29207332
indians, they use the vagina machine, dont seem to have any thought or process to what theyre doing, they just move from machine to machine. for about 10 seconds a piece on lowest weight.

kids, fucking hipster cunts.
>>
>>29208254
Now I'm going to put my hands over your body so I have a better feel of your movements
>>
>>29207332
literally fucking reddit. Family guy? fit is officially kill RIP
>>
>>29208810
Seriously? I litterally would show up and not lift.... just to attempt to know Tfw having a boyhood chicken bff
>>
File: 1410197693802.jpg (73KB, 374x838px) Image search: [Google]
1410197693802.jpg
73KB, 374x838px
People using wraps or belts unless they are massive.

People who are obsessed with wiping down equipment. It's a gym, people sweat, just get on with your life. Wiping it with a towel makes no difference.

People who wear gloves.

People who wear muscle shirts who aren't massive.
>>
>>29207695
Grow a spine and tell him, to give up his leg press or the squat rack, if he makes a scene go straight to customer service and get him banned, i already did it to. 5-6 people the last 6 months.
>>
>>29207382
>Not putting weights on the racks in the right order

Holy shit that is the worst.

>>29207332
Otherwise, I'm fairly happy. My gym has 8 power racks with benches, and then various machine weights. There's never a wait time for a rack, which is amazing. I can do pretty much an entire workout without changing racks.
>>
>>29207897
*tips fedora*
>>
>>29208254
No joke some swole ass black dude asked me for a spot like 3 times this morning. Goddamn 3 pl8 bench. Best I've seen minus the fatasfatass lifters in my gym. Actually complimented me on my spotting cause I actually spotted him n didn't try to upright row 3 plates on his last rep
>>
>>29208854
you're a faggot
>>
>>29208917

Own up to which one offends you.

Are you DYEL with lifting gear and a muscle shirt?

or are you autismo about other peoples sweat?
>>
>>29208278

I corrected a guy doing 105lb squats on the balls of his feet the other day. Every rep looked like he was going to lose his balance and put his head through the fucking wall.

Otherwise I don't give two shits about other people's form.
>>
>>29207737

Because you don't maintain them right.
>>
>When people put random weights stacked together
>When one of the 55lb dumbbells is missing
>When the old people turn the tv on super loud
>When someone leaves their 15 pounds of weight on the leg press
>When someone always puts the lower spotting bars up higher on the squat rack in order to do OHP or some shit
I love my small gym, almost always empty when I go. But, some of the random ass shit that is left around is just ridiculous.
>>
>>29207382
>implying 2 minutes is a alot

low weight bench bro detected
>>
>>29208950
is there a tool you use to maintain them?
>>
>people that don't put their weights away.

I want to break a mirror everytime I grab one dumb bell but the matching dumb bell is located somewhere on the other side of the gym with nobody using it.
>>
>that newbie PT who took the 35lb weight off my rack and put it on his client's bar without asking me
>not saying a word to him, I walk across the weight room to an empty rack, take a different 35lb weight over to the PT's rack. Take my weight off his client's rack, put the other one on, and take my weight back (which I was going to use for my next set)

Faggot tried to get me banned, but I'm friendly with the owner, who told him to fuck off and learn gym etiquette.
>>
>>29207382
>2 minutes
le bait
mfw i take 10 minutes between sets for bench
>>
>>29207669
Altitude training doesn't even work live that. You are still getting the same amount of O2, it's just mildly more difficult to breathe. Utterly worthless
>>
>>29209080
tad excessive
do you take a nap between deadlifts?
>>
>>29208373

Fuck I can only imagine what people are thinking

>gee, why is Jeff wheeling the bench over to the power rack
>"woah" says the highschooler, "he's gonna bench moon"
>Jeff proceeds to stand on the bench
>the whole gym takes in a deep breath
>the attendant turns off the music
>like he just came down from Mt fucking Sinai he proclaims
>CROSSFIT WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY
>jumps off the bench holding the top of the power rack, instantly dislocating both shoulders
>begins to flop up and down much like a piston
>speed increasing to obscene levels, he is now all.but a blur
>lets go of rack on the down motion and rockets throughout the bench
>through the floor
>through the earths mantle
>throughout the fucking core of the earth and keeps on going
>pops out on other side of world
>becomes the New messiah sent from crossfit
>the New holy war starts across the earth
>only civilisation left is the towering "SNAP CITY"
>society now is driven by instability driven motions
>crossfit, not even once
>>
1. People
2. Too cold
3. Not enough 45s
4. Not enough bumpers
5. Powercage is a mess

>fucking homegyms
>>
>>29208810
do you live in Estonia or something?
>>
>>29209091
bruh, i need my strength gainz, bruh
>>
>that fag with 12 inch arms that leans on one side of his legs while resting during squat and then leans to the other leg like that for 5 minutes before squatting 5 reps again
fucking gay as hell
get the fuck out of the squat rack if you're not gonna use it. it's not the leaning rack.
>>
>people wearing hats indoors
>people who dont put their weights away
>>
File: 5gum.jpg (42KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
5gum.jpg
42KB, 500x388px
>>29207382
>implying it doesn't take a minimum of 90 seconds for rephosphorylation of CP
>being this new
>actually caring about how other people lift
>>
File: 1409542883465.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1409542883465.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>29209184
>that jealous fag who can't pull off the beanie look
kek enjoy your slomp jaw
>>
>>29209204
>implying it doesn't take a minimum of 90 seconds for rephosphorylation of CP

I seem to recall heavy sets can require six or more minutes for regeneration of ATP?
>>
>>29209204
no it actually takes 5 minutes
>>
>>29207527
>>two turkish guys who bring thier own boombox to the gym with them and play shit rap at a loud ass level
wat
>>
>People using dry chalk and spilling it fucking everywhere!
>People bumming my liquid chalk and pouring out half the damn bottle
>People who hate wraps
>Grunters
>Protruding grip on dumbells that tears your hands to bits
>>
File: IMAG0457.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0457.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>29209235
a minimum of 90 seconds.
>>29209244
cool broscience
But don't take my word for it.
>>
>>29209469
>>29209244

That moment when my own source says you're right and I was mistaken
Fuck
>>
>>29209235
I don't think you understand what the word 'minimum' means.
>>
>>29209545
It depends on whether you're talking the beginning or completion, but yea, let's argue about it on a Madagascar Rhodesia comic image board.
>>
>>29207745
3minutes to explain something that could've been explained in 20seconds.

I'd be mad as fuck if I paid for a lecture like that
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 250x198px
>>29207332
perfect OP.
Also, only one deadlift platform,but that's just my bad gym choice I guess.
>>
>>29207332
>Smith machines
>Hex plates
>Having to wait on a rack
That's pretty much all I got
>>
Why so much glove hate?
>>
>>29207531

Callousthenicist here

This guy is right. File it and lotion up.
>>
>>29208858
good for you man. i fucking hate when people honestly believe they should be able to use more than one piece of equipment at the same time. fuck those cunts
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.