[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gym anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (84KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 426x500px
I've always read that nobody gives a shit about you at the gym but at my gym it's literally everyone like this (pic related). It's in southern Kentucky and people here aren't the nicest.

What hours of the gym have least amount of people? It's open 6am-12am but I wouldn't go at early morning or late at night. I'm thinking 9:30-10:30
>>
OP here, I'm talking 9:30-10:30 AM
>>
Early morning is off hours for any gym.
>>
>>27485692

The obvious answer is to start taking roids so you can fit in.
>>
>>27485801
What do you mean? Rephrase pls
>>
File: back2back.jpg (7KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
back2back.jpg
7KB, 253x199px
>>27485692
OP if you are scared to go to the gym then you are scare of life in general. More likely than not nothing will happen to you. If people talk shit or are mean to you.. who cares that is the nature of the beast. Brush it off and carry. If you don't give a shit you can always get drunk and go back there and shoot all of them since it's the US.
>>
>>27485894

It could be Kentucky, Russia. You don't know.
>>
>>27485894
I try to. I have social anxiety, I'm getting better though. Last year it was so bad that I didnt want to order from Starbucks. I'm getting through it.
>>
>>27485692
what's your problem with dude in that pic OP? are you trying to say you're intimidated by bigger guys? the dude has earbuds in. he obviously doesn't give a fuck about what other people are doing in the gym. it's not a fucking bar or social gathering, he like anyone else at the fucking gym is there to fucking work out.
>>
>>27485941
Just keep putting yourself in situations that "test you" I guess. Going to the gym is perfect because you're not really expected to socialize.. and no one gives a shit about you unless you're a regular. By then you'll be comfortable anyways.
>>
You could change gyms. I've been to a few gyms, and there are just certain gyms that will always have shitty people. I've stuck with one gym and everyone is nice and want to talk to you. Not even at an annoying level.
>>
>>27486001
I live in a small town, not possible.

>>27485985
Yeah that's what I've been doing. It works.

>>27485967
I don't know if you were trying to be mean but that post helped me. T-thanks
>>
>>27485692
I got 7pm-pm some night i'll literally be the only one.
>>
>>27486062
And then other nights there is an annoying bitch that just does cardio for an hour. I would tell her off but then she might make me sleep on the couch ;_;

>home gym master race
>>
>>27486062
I went at 7-8pm tonight and there were literally 10 people in the free weight room which is very small
>>
>>27485692
I will literally never go into a gym. Its home gym or nothing.
There was an article I read a while back about some male fitness model type guy throwing in the towel on any gym but home gym.
He sort of implied he was sick and tired of the homo shit.
>>
they may look intimidating but some of the nicest people i've met are the guys people would consider roiders or "meat heads"

its the dyels you think might be chill but turn out to be assholes
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 524x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 524x700px
Dude seriously who gives a fuck. I lift at a powerlifting gym (I'm not a power lifter).
All the guys around me are way bigger than me.
>squatting yesterday
>255lb for 5x5
>fail last rep of last set
>no safety bars/pins
>fuckiamkill.gif
>monster power lifters help me then go back to their workouts

They probably had a good chuckle to themselves then forgot about it.
Who cares OP? They sure as fuck don't.
Just put in your work and go home.
>>
>>27486167

This guy has a boner for the juiceheads.
>>
>>27486167
Thats because huge guys turn into bovines grazing on whey all day.
Cows are not very aggressive.
>>
File: 1386175914106.jpg (55KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1386175914106.jpg
55KB, 346x346px
>>27485692
1. Always be polite and kind. Rerack and clean your shit.

2. Be firm, don't be afraid to ask how many sets they have or if you can work in, if not, sit patiently and wait for them to be done. If they are demanding your hurry up, offer to allow them to work in but do not, DO NOT give up your spot. Remember rule 1.

3. Prioritize your gains, remember you are a paying patron. You have just as much as a right to be there and use the equipment as even the biggest jailhouse nig.

On a side note, you should be using the squat rack extensively, and very few people use that shit in commercial gyms. On top of that, once you realize that most people don't know what the fuck they're doing, you won't see them as some untouchable gods.

TLDR: Do your routine and get the fuck out, you go to train your body no to massage or worry about your faggy ego.
>>
>>27486062
>>27486088
kek
>>
>>27486191
And yet you would never say that anywhere but online, pussy.
>>
>>27486167
Wouldn't doubt it. When you've been working out that long you get shit tons of knowledge and have seen tons of shit. Most people gravitate towards being a douchebag or modest at that point.
>>
>>27486198
agreed. the gym is a place for gains, not socializing or giving a fuck what people are thinking about. i do get the same feels sometimes, then i remember that no one in my gym means shit to me so i don't care. when you leave, you leave them behind.
> inb4 melodramatic
just don't be an asshole and snake anyone, be aware of what the fuck is going on around you and it will be fine.
that being said, 130-3 was the sweet spot for having the place all to myself which was fucking great
closest i'll ever be to home gym mustard race
>>
>>27485692

I go to a gym in a small town in southern KY as well. no one really talks much at my gym, everyone just does their routine and leaves. The most conversation I usually have is when someone asks for a spot or if I'm using a bench or rack. Don't sweat the other people, just lift your shit and make progress.
>>
>>27486198
rerack but dont clean your shit, no one else does.
dont ask to work in just wait, if your gym is so small theres only one rack or bench change gyms
idk how to prioritize gains lel. if there was something I couldnt do in the gym that day Ill just to it at home
I agree with the last bit, i should be in the rack everyday for golf but Im a lazy aesthetics cunt
>>
>>27486046
>>27485985
Try and make friends at the gym. Most people want somebody to talk to cause working out every day by yourself can get boring
>>
File: 1379992585547.jpg (278KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1379992585547.jpg
278KB, 800x600px
>>27486247
I go at the busiest times because of my schedule, and its orange county so you get some aggressive mexicans in there.

When you take some time to look around you start to realize just how not threatening the gym is.

>1/3 cute grills who go to the gym for a social function rather than to train. Wearing tight, revealing clothes taking selfies half the time, but when they go to squat because 'muh butt' they don't even go dwon a quarter
>1/3 guys in lanks or tanktops doing endless curl variations and grunting, but deadlift one pl8 in some sort of strange, reverse goodmorning that never touches the ground
>1/3 loud as chinks and other brownie with 20 of their friends going on about their routine and if they're going to go for 'boba' afterwards.

>tfw miss the midwest where gruff white men teach you how to properly deadlift and let you borrow their camera to check your form

Seriously, how can the west coast be so cool and so shit at the same time.
>>
>>27486307
I'll clarify, prioritizing gains means that you should be going to the gym to focus on one thing and one thing only; lifting that heavy ass weight.

People who start going (including me) will always get discouraged or self - conscious about what others think of them or how much they can curl. Instead, worry about executing your lifts correctly and working hard instead of the previously mentioned.
>>
File: tfwmspaint.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
tfwmspaint.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>>27486198
>If they are demanding your hurry up

If anyone demands anything of you.. literally tell them to fuck off and suck a fat one.. Watched the jimjams rustle and flow as a result.
>>
Thanks, I'll go in the morning and if there isn't 10 people (packed, small gym) like today I'll stay.

I'm a manlet with small wrists and calves, I hope nobody makes fun of me. That's my biggest fear
>>
>>27485692
My gym is full of curlbroing faggots. If one of them is bothering me too much I switch to deadlifts and start dropping 400 pound bars on the ground to anger and confuse them.
>>
>>27485941
just deal with it. as someone who had the same problem a few years ago(social anxiety in general, not just the gym. very severe, at that) i seriously just look back at that shit and laugh. just go and get it done.
>>
>>27486362
>i hope nobody makes fun of me. That's my biggest fear

I'm telling you man you need to get over that shit. Don't get me wrong, I prefer going to the gym when it's empty or lightly populated because I just like having the place to myself. But its just a shitty metal block that holds you back if you let the fear of what others may think of you from stopping you doing what you need to do.

More importantly, WHY do you fear it so much?
>>
>>27486414
I don't know. Once I was out in public wearing shorts and a group of people laughed at my legs and took pictures. I don't think it was my face
>>
I had this at first too anon. Just work your way into it. My first couple times I only used the machines even though I wanted to do SS. Then I used dumbells, then I started squatting, and by that point I was comfortable sitting at a bench, etc.

Most people really do not give a shit. Don't be a dickhead, but make it a point that you have just as much of a right to use the equipment as anybody else.
>>
>>27486362
That used to be my biggest fear when I was in high school. After I started going to the gym I discovered that the gym isn't high school and most of the people there are adults.
>>
>>27485692
Put your ego behind you. You'll be able to get shit done and be much better off.
>>
>>27486362
you should stay even if it is. no one gives a shit - the sooner you stop being a pussy about it, the faster you'll start making progress.
>>
>>27486451
1. Are you sure it was you they were laughing and taking pictures of?

2. Even if they were who cares? They're doing it because they're insecure about themselves so they need someone to laugh at. Unless you were wearing a fedora and carrying a pony around, wtf is the big deal you were wearing shorts.

If you're so nervous about it wear sweat pants and a sweatshirt.

I'm fat and thats what I did to get over it. Now I just find it comfy.
>>
>>27485692
I'd feel sorry if people like tried contact sports
>>
Its simple if you don't like gym you home gym. If you can't home gym. You go to a gym.
>>
File: feel_guy_smiling.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
feel_guy_smiling.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>tfw finally overcame my gym anxiety today and worked out in the gym.

Feels good /fit/. Feels good.
>>
>>27486553
Good on you brah, now go forth and collect your gains.
>>
>>27486553
see OP? be like this guy. it's not hard at all - just gotta suck up your anxiety and do it.
>>
>>27485692
I lift as soon as my gym opens, at 6am.
There are few people there and even the guys that are fucking huge are super respectful and shit since only "serious" ppl lift so early.
>>
>>27486175
This
>benching and went till failure
>thought I could get that last rep out, didnt and my arms buckled and it came down on my chest
>some pretty huge mofo that was between sets on deads comes over and lifts it off me, I laugh, he laughs and said "we've all been there man".
Whats with the anxiety?
>>
>>27486568
Thank you, I'm going tomorrow and I don't give a shit about who's going to be in there.

Wow /fit/ is a better community than I thought.
>>
>>27485692
my gym is a ghost town around 1-3pm
perfect time between the morning goers and the after-work lifters
>>
>>27486362
Nobody will make fun of you unless you do autistic exercises or have been lifting for a long time and have twig legs and a huge upper body.
>>
File: 1403702007075.png (166KB, 400x377px) Image search: [Google]
1403702007075.png
166KB, 400x377px
>Go to old people gym.
>The free weights are all mine
>Mine.
>>
>>27485692

that has to be shopped. he is so awkward looking. literally no shoulders at all. upper arms so much bigger than forearms. da fuq
>>
>>27485692
I go at 9:30-10pm and there is 1 or 2 people there but my gym is a family owned gym and there is only like 6 people at max there, which is nice for someone who is new to the gym, like me.
>>
File: welpimgoingtojailsomeday.jpg (98KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
welpimgoingtojailsomeday.jpg
98KB, 800x472px
>>27486088
>>27486062
underrated post
>>
>>27486362
bro look it at like this, you payed to be there just like everyone else and these fuckers are in your fucking gym packing it they need to fuck off
start looking at things like your possesion and other people are at fault, instead of you being the beta bitch being subservient to others
take this from me I used to not be able to leave the house then I couldn't even go to the supermarket to the self serve without half a liter of whiskey in me then I had a massive valium addiction and ended in a psych ward but none of that shit works, what you need to get is a script for propanalol it literally blocks your beta and start getting ready to just smoke the next fucker who talks shit to you basicaly just be fucking cray like I'm little skinny cumskin like you but if you're actually crasy and willing to back it up (noguns in my country but I always carried a sharpened screwdriver) people don't fuck with you
most people irl are faggot bitches btw who will try to avoid confrontation it's pretty unlikely someone makes fun of you
also if someone makes fun of you look down on them for being such a loser
>>
The only reason you wouldn't go to the gym from fear of people is because it's so packed out.

3-8 PM my gym is packed as fuck so I plan my trips around never going at that time.
>>
>>27485692
Okay, that guy has outright tits. Tell me why you're intimidated of someone dumb enough to overdevelop pecs again?
>>
>>27485692
at my gym the lowest times are around noon then from like 10-4 it's pretty low too
>>
>>27486916
But thats the whole point of bodybuilding you faggot.
>>
File: 1403687558604.png (47KB, 204x199px) Image search: [Google]
1403687558604.png
47KB, 204x199px
>>27486930
>the point of bodybuilding is to overtrain pecs until you look like a dork instead of getting them to match the rest of your body
>>
>>27486946
overdeveloping muscles is the point of bodybuilding.
>>
>nobody gives a shit
>daily gym stories threads
>>
File: You Lying Fuck.gif (499KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
You Lying Fuck.gif
499KB, 500x265px
>>27486952
>overdeveloping muscles is the point of bodybuilding.
Read that sentence again, or maybe have someone else who's more qualified to even be on a computer come and read it to you.

The point of bodybuilding is to develop muscles, not overdevelop specific muscles in isolation, that's what idiots do. Only an idiot or a weirdo wants mantits, that picture is Exhibit A of what happens when you only work on one part of your body and possibly take steroids; I don't know if that man's just prone to tits, but I don't think they're supposed to look like that. That man has bigger tits than some women I know; that is not attractive. He could have pulled it off if the rest of his body matched; it doesn't. It doesn't even look natural.
>>
How do I get rid of my tennis elbow faster? I haven't been able to lift in months between knee injury and sharp elbow pain on any pushing.
>>
File: ck3f01441300568012.jpg (64KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
ck3f01441300568012.jpg
64KB, 533x800px
>>27486952

Flex Lewis' chest is pretty well in proportion, and not tit like as is fashionable nowadays. However he is an exception not the rule.
>>
>>27486990

Son, that's what pectoral muscles look like. They aren't even over-developed for his physique.
>>
>>27486886
yes, op, this is good advice. blaming others for problems that aren't theirs is always an a++ idea.
>>
>>27487070
Not at that curvature they aren't. He either needs to chill out on his pecs or fix his shit posture.
>>
>>27486990
>literally the whole point of bodybuilding is to overdevelop your muscles
>YOU LYING FUCK

Seriously?
>>
>>27485692
>nobody gives me a hard time at gym because I'm a grill and I squat ATG all day err day
>loves my fucking gym
>new bf is skinnyfat and he hates the gym
>I think he got gym bullied

This shit just turns me the fuck off.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.