[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a Rebel T5 Canon camera and in before someone gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: canon-rebel-t501.jpg (37KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
canon-rebel-t501.jpg
37KB, 770x433px
So I have a Rebel T5 Canon camera and in before someone gets on my ass for it but I am not in the position for an entirely new camera. I am yearning to go outside and take pictures. I am thinking of getting a new lens soon, but what are the quality lens that isn't too expensive, like over $300 or $400. That is a little outside of my budget range. I mostly want to shoot landscape and objects outside but wish to be prepared for human portraits. I really wish I had access to an entire photo studio like at my school. I just haven't had the time or right equipment to take lovely clear photographs. I wish I could just rent out a building and purchase the equipment needed for all professional looking photographs, but I can't. Advice for a novice photographer with, according to this board, a shitty digital camera that isn't get a new camera? Also, I'd post my photos here, but I am too worried about dox.
>>
>>6840
Unless your camera is broken don't get a new one, learn with what you have until you actually figure out what it is the new camera will do that yours currently can't.

You don't need to rent out studio space or expensive gear, just don't end up wasting your money. "Professional" photographs don't necessarily come from owning the most expensive gear. Your a novice just like you said so get good with what you have until it's really time for an upgrade.
>>
>>6840
If you only have the kit lens go get the canon 50mm 1.8. it'll run you about 120-150 bucks and it will be the best lens you'll ever buy (in terms of cost to performance ratio) it'll work for some landscapes and some portraits for the most part.

Don't worry too much about your camera right now. You honestly won't outgrow that camera for a long time. Just make sure you're shooting RAW and learn some of the essential tools of Lightroom for editing the photo.
>>
>>6842
I noticed some of my photographs look too bright as if they were taken with a phone. Is something wrong with my camera or is this mostly just due to the fact that I reside in a desert?

Also, how much does Lightroom cost again monthly?

I was also told to look into a macro lens because they go both ways, telephoto and wide angle, is this really a good route to go?
>>
>>6843
>I noticed some of my photographs look too bright as if they were taken with a phone

Probably just the situation that you're taking the photos. If you're trying to take photos of a subject in the shadow, but its really bright out, you're not going to be able to see everything. Post a picture of what you're talking about so we can get an idea.

>Also, how much does Lightroom cost again monthly?
It's 9.99 per month for the photoshop and lightroom bundle. it's worth it, but you can get a 1 month free trial to see if it's worth it for you.

>I was also told to look into a macro lens because they go both ways, telephoto and wide angle

That's not true. A macro lens has the capability to focus on things really close to the lens, acting sort of like a microscope, in the sense you can get really close to take a photo. But it doesn't mean they act as both a wide angle and telephoto.
>>
>>6844
I think I used up my free trial when I took that Intro to Photography class at my community college.

Also, is this the lens you recommended?

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-50mm-f-18-stm

And is there a way to strip my name from the photograph before I post it? I wrote my name in the copyright options of my camera for some reason so it's attached to the picture.
>>
>>6845
Yeah, that's the lens. It's a fucking amazing lens, and every photographer should have some version of this lens in their kit, no joke

>is there a way to strip my name from the photograph before I post it?

You might be able to open a new document in photoshop, and paste your image into the new document, that way it will have the metadata of the document instead of the data of the image.
>>
>>6845
>>6846
Also, if you're ever wanting to do a little bit of research on a lens to see if you think you'd like it, you can always check out a flickr group. You can usually get a good idea of what people are doing with the lenses.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/canonef50mm/pool/
>>
>>6846
Wait, I think the metadata is the data that has my name in it, right? I just want to strip the name, I don't care if the other information is there. I guess I could always upload it to imgur first since I heard it strips all of it.
>>
>>6848
I don't think there's any way to strip just a name from the metadata. I don't need to see the other info of the photo, just the image and I can tell you what's wrong with it
>>
>>6849
I think the reason I was paranoid is due to 4chan posting the metadata for each image on this board.
>>
shit, my photos are too large
>>
>>6850
Yeah, I understand.

>>6851
Just scale it down if you can.
>>
>>6852
I just uploaded it to imgur.

http://i.imgur.com/id9tTdl.jpg
>>
Do you recommend getting a lens hood or is it not needed for now?
>>
>>6853
I don't see what's wrong with the image in terms of image quality. Just go out and take some landscapes. But definitely get that lens when you get a chance

>>6854
Ehh, it's up to you, if you find that you're getting too much flare from the sun in situations that a lens hood would help, then get it. I hardly ever use one
>>
>>6855
Do you recommend getting flash? Is it good for night shootings?
>>
>>6842
Are you actually suggesting OP to buy a 50 mm for his crop camera to take landscape photos?
>>
If you wanna do portraits, pick up the 50/1.8. It's worth every penny.
The kit lens will cover you for landscapes for a while and a half.
There's nothing wrong with the t5. You should be able to capture great landscapes with it, after some practice.
>>
>>6856
Yeah grab a flash. Don't bother with a canon one, grab a manual flash off amazon for about 30 bucks, you can learn a lot with it. Will do you good for portraits if you want to get into that kind of thing.
>>
>>6859
I thought accessories have to be from a certain brand to work with that brand's camera, is this true?
>>
>>6860
Nope. There are some exceptions, but flashes are pretty universal. however they'll often only work manually, without TTL metering.
Alternately you can buy a 60 USD YongNuo that has TTL or something.
Learning manual flash is the way to go though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.