[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how fucked is my chin and jawline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 28

File: 14908308325500.jpg (184KB, 684x1024px) Image search: [Google]
14908308325500.jpg
184KB, 684x1024px
how fucked is my chin and jawline? Is anything I could do to fix it?
>>
>>11987
is there anything*
>>
How old are you, OP? Are you in need of orthodontics?
>>
>>11989
>>
>>11990
You didn't answer the second question. Do you need standard braces, surgery etc. or was that already fixed?
>>
>>11987

you look like you have some face fat. maybe lose some weight?
>>
>>11989
I used braces, but didn't continue the treatment with dental retainers
>>
>>11992
Im skinny af. I have this big cheeks since I was little. Puberty hit everywhere except my face.
>>
>>11993
Completing your treatment will help. Good posture and strength training will help.
Mewing might help. Look that up on youtube. I'm not all that learned about it but I think it's proper tongue placement and face exercises, or something. To stress your face and promote proper growth.

Go to /fit/. Read Deskbound by Kelly Starrett.
>>
>Lose Weight
>Get plastic surgery
>>
dear god.

im so fucking lucky i dont look like this.
>>
if you have a correct bite (or good enough) then Sliding Genioplasty is what you need

They cut your chin bone off (through an incision made behind your lower lip) and advance it forward horizontally up to 10 millimeters. They then hold it in place there with small titanium screws, and over several months bone will develop in the "gaps" between your newly advanced chin and the rest of your lower jaw.

Recovery is a bit of a bitch but it means no shitty implants required which get infected over time, or get dislodged and will have to be replaced. One time surgery lasts you a lifetime and creates a much more natural and realistic look than an implant
>>
>>11997
not everyone is lucky enough to have a well structured face my friend, but yeah it sucks. having a jawline really helps. hope you appreciate yourself even more!
>>
>>11998
I thought about, but it seems pretty invasive. Thanks though!
Do you think doing more exercise would help?
>>
File: genioplasty.jpg (203KB, 718x1076px) Image search: [Google]
genioplasty.jpg
203KB, 718x1076px
>>11998
here you go my dude, just look at the difference. your situation honestly is not even that bad. you do not have a recessed jaw, just a recessed chin which contributes to your chipmunk face.

But whatever you do, do not get a chin implant. the bottom picture, with the 3 profile shots: the 1st one is before cosmetic surgery, 2nd one is after a chin implant, and 3rd is after a sliding genioplasty. Sliding genio wins every time.
>>
File: jaw.png (105KB, 415x303px) Image search: [Google]
jaw.png
105KB, 415x303px
mine is fucked by being so asymmetrical, dont think there's anything that can be done to fix it
>>11987
mew and chew mastic gum
>>
>>12002
Your fluctuating asymmetry is within the norm, most people won't notice. Almost everyone has a jawline with one side being better and the other one being less impressive. Same applies to cheekbones. Asymmetries like that are rarely a cause for someone to be considered unattractive; it's usually the way their face comes together as whole and rest of their flaws, i.e., being average being the verdict for most of the people.
>>
File: DSC00103[1].jpg (191KB, 1392x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00103[1].jpg
191KB, 1392x1600px
>>12000
losing bodyfat will always help, but if you don't have sufficient bone mass and support for your skin then your facial aesthetics will suffer greatly. keep in mind though, you will likely lose your chubby cheeks/baby face as you mature. 18 is still young for a lot of guys (definitely was for me, i was babyfaced as shit)

it is honestly not that invasive, but in terms of cosmetic surgery for your situation it's definitely the best you can get. As it happens I'm planning on getting it done in the near future once everything is sorted out

You're lucky because for the most part you have a forward grown face. It's just your chin that's set back

Pic related is a guy who would need pretty much his entire face broken and rearranged because his face grew downwards.

also, look up the proper swallowing method. I've been practicing it for nearly a year now and I think it's helped
>>
>>11987
>>11993
Did you have an overbite correction? If so, thats a good thing you didn't wear your retainers and it came back, because those rubber bands pull back your maxilla and make your entire upper face fucked up, and you still have a shitty jawline on top of it
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 722x1280px
i think my shit is a little fucked up

I'm an admitted mouth-breather with a horse face
>>
File: ryan gosling.png (1MB, 1111x471px) Image search: [Google]
ryan gosling.png
1MB, 1111x471px
>>12006
you have definite downward growth. so does ryan gosling though, and he just got a chin implant to make his face look better (nobody believes me but i'm positive that he did)
>>
>>12005
there's literally no evidence that fixing your overbite will fuck up your maxilla. Especially as a late teen, you fucking idiot lol
>>
File: ryan_gosling_1168189657.jpg (70KB, 1014x576px) Image search: [Google]
ryan_gosling_1168189657.jpg
70KB, 1014x576px
>>12007
>>
>>12001
She got a nose job too.
>>
File: IMG_1476.jpg (64KB, 640x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1476.jpg
64KB, 640x653px
Fuggg and I thought I was fucked, I feel better now.
>>
>>12011
Fuck me, I have a similar profile. Only difference is I have a small bump on my nose bridge.
>>
>>11994
exercise more
>>
>>12012
But my profile is fucked tho? D:, also I'd prefer to have a bump on my nose, makes it look more masculine I think.
>>
I literally am not willing to believe you're anything but fat. You have a fat neck and face so just exercise and diet
>>
>>12015
Who?
>>
>>12016
OP
>>
>>11987
I wanna hug you, sniff your hair, and tell you to not be scared :3
>>
File: IMG_0100.jpg (52KB, 561x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0100.jpg
52KB, 561x637px
>>12018
:/
>>
>>12001
>tfw she looked cuter with before pic...almost like anime character
>>
>>12019
you look cute and idk why
>>
>>12011
damn you look like four feet tall
>>
>>11993
If u never mouthbreathed you're maxilla would be projected like mine and you'd actually have farther jaw,

Also, braces make your palate decrease in width so your face probably tapers to your chin now/narrow jaw, but now your an incel for lifeeeee m8

Only good features u have are compact midface/short philtrum but that can only take u so far

Hang up the coat about slaying women bud, cause everything else is cope
>>
>>12022
Nah I'm 5'10
>>
>>12023
Kek'd that isn't even like the best jaw, you probably weren't a mouth breather but you didn't held your tongue posture thats why your jaw is dowwards
>>
File: chinchan.jpg (56KB, 736x676px) Image search: [Google]
chinchan.jpg
56KB, 736x676px
>>11987
ITT: shit no one cares about except yourself unless you look like pic related
>>
>>12017
I'm not lying man. I'm a skinny person. There is almost no body fat in my body, except for my cheeks. Also I don't have a lot of muscle.
>>
>>12011
you are cute anon
>>
File: Elvis_Presley_1970[1].jpg (256KB, 987x1521px) Image search: [Google]
Elvis_Presley_1970[1].jpg
256KB, 987x1521px
Take everything you read in these facial aesthetic threads with a tablespoon of salt. A distressingly large amount of /fa/ believes that anyone without defined cheekbones or a defined jaw is ugly or out of shape, ignoring that some people just have more flesh and skin on their face than others. But then again this place seems to be about 17 on average, long before they have actually developed into what they'll look like for much of their life.

That being said there's little exercise and proper diet can't fix. Failing that, an ugly guy with personality will nail more girls than an attractive guy with nothing.
>>
>>12026
could you please explain a bit more?
>>
File: 1490815862480.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1490815862480.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>12023
>types like he's 14
>douche beard
>retarded broscience

Checks out.
>>
>>12029
I really want to exercise, but is really difficult for me to take the initiative (I'll try again though) . I'm not fat at all. The problem is my underdeveloped jaw. Thanks anon!
>>
>>12023
I prefer having a fucked up chin than this guy evident retardedness
>>
>>12032

If you don't regularly go to the gym or participate in physical activity you are out of shape. About 90% of the country is technically out of shape. Humans weren't made to sit at a desk all day.
>>
>>12008
>maxillet detected

enjoy your shitty facial structure
>>
I've been told i have a pretty good jawline and not to horrible of a chin. Yes i know i have a jew nose i got smashed in the face with bat when i was younger and it fucked it.
>>
>>12036
with your hair like that and the nose, it looks like you would be a Speed based character from a comic book or cartoon
>>
>>12037
Im gonna take that as a compliment
>>
>>12038
No, you're forehead is kinda weird, like a sloppy
>>
Maybe its the angle ?
>>
>>12040
that eyebrow gap
>>
>>12041
i trim them cause if i don't anything that grows past there stick straight up and are thin and don't blend in also uni brow is a issue
>>
>>12011
are you peruvian
>>
>>12026
obviously no one will laught at you behind your back over an underdeveloped jawline, just like no one is gonna roast you for being a 6/10 instead of a 7/10, people jsut wanna improve their looks, which shouldn't be surprising to you on a fashion board
>>
>>12035
>implying that even if it stunts your mixilla it isn't worth the trade off
>>
>>11987
Your chin is fine, losing weight will give you more of a jawline

/thread
>>
>>12023
you have a fucking 135 degree gonial angle you can't talk shit on other peoples jaws desu
>>
File: average anon.jpg (111KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
average anon.jpg
111KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>12036
your jaw is pretty good yeh. I would prefer a slightly larger philtrium/smaller chin and you have thin lips unfortunately. Eye area looks pretty decent with nice brow although i'd prefer slightly stronger orbital rims. The big problems (along with the lips) are your nose and forehead. Your forehead is just too recessed and that's unfortunately not something surgery can do anything about (and it's kinda compounded ironically by the fact you have a good brow)/ Your nose can be fixed though and suits your face decently well. I do have a slight concern about the lack of definition in your cheeks, it looks like you might have low cheekbones (and probably causing the orbtical rim problem) - it is also possible that your face is just hodling a lot of fat for some reason. Your hairline looks pretty good. Need to drop the facial hair though.
>>
>>12001
Well, she got hers done by Gunson who's like the best jaw surgeon in the world. Who are the people in the second row?
>>
i am author of this >>12049

and just saw you posted >>12040

I think the portrait view further shows the thin lips and imbalance between the philtrium and chin area. Wow your forehead is really rounded, let me show you another problem you have here (although you have good width on your face and the widest point is where it should be) your Sphenoid Bone (I think it's that bone, the one that is just outside your temple and runs vertically) is very weak and not defined at all and so your forehead just seems to bend off the side of your face. Compare with http://www.promod.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Franciscopola002.jpg and how his forehead is bordered by these bones
>>
>>12050
>Well, she got hers done by Gunson

I don't know who that is, but no she didn't. It was a guy called Majid Jamali.

>Who are the people in the second row?

What? It's all the same person, except for that one dark skinned girl with the black hair (obviously). Middle row is her after sliding genioplasty
>>
>>12004
his face didn't 'grow downwards' he is a mouth breather. that is what happens when you breath through your mouth when you are developing.
>>
>>12029
>>
>>12053
i know, but as a result of mouthbreathing his face "grew downwards"

"grew downwards" was just an oversimplified way of saying, dropped maxilla, recessed jaw/chin, etc etc
>>
>>12052
>It was a guy called Majid Jamali.
No, it wasn't tho. She got her SG done by Dr. Gunson in Santa Barbara.
>>
>>12056
https://www.realself.com/review/new-york-new-york-chin-surgery-chin-implant-removal-and-sliding-genioplasty#

>Instead of using computer imaging, Dr. Jamali traced over my X-ray and drew the before and anticipated after by hand. He said "I'm the one doing the surgery, not the computer right?" I loved this!
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 960x960px
>>11987
Got the same problem dude
>>
>>11987
You literally have no jawline. Just blubber.
>>
>>12035
woah man. that's some great sources you have :-)
>>
>>12023
Your jawline itself is shit. You just have a large chin so it seems like you have a good jaw.
>>
>>11987
don't worry about it
>>
File: CRUISE.jpg (24KB, 630x602px) Image search: [Google]
CRUISE.jpg
24KB, 630x602px
>>11987
Work out. Hold your head up.
>>
File: IMG_0133.png (3MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.png
3MB, 750x1334px
r8 me lads. be honest, i need to hear the truth
>>
>>12064
youre alri famm
just toss that faggyass bling
>>
>>12065
yea I've been thinking that lately too, obviously i thought it was cool when i got it done but that was a few years ago
>>
>>12065
>>12066
thanks though m8
>>
>>12064
atrocious facial hair and skin quality could use some work. I wouldn't say we see any other particularly big flaws in this picture, i'd prefer a slightly smaller chin/larger philtrum and a stronger gonial angle and a straighter nose but your parts are ok.
>>
>>12068
good shit, thanks for the feedback. what should i do about the facial hair? and skin quality I've been working on for years, it was really bad in high school, any tips for clearing up the skin?
>>
>>12069
honestly mate I struggle the same with skincare as well I've not really found a product where i've been really happy with results. I can't really recomend anything other than the usual try to change your pillow sheets as often as possible, wash your face and try and eat well.

With regards to facial hair I think yours just isn't thick enough (except just under your chin which isn't really where you want facial hair to begin with imo). I'm pretty anti facial hair to begin with but really I think for it to work it's gota be dark hair and it's gota be really thick more or less everywhere which yours unfortunately isn't (I also can't wear facial hair).

You're probably gona meet people who have a preference for facial hair so i'm not necessarily saying you should just be clean shaven all the time but I think in terms of "objective" aesthetics, as close as we can get to such a thing, you should be clean shaven. (although going by what little of your hair we can see in your picture maybe you have a kinda surfer look which supports your facial hair more)

p.s. good for you for having the balls to post a picture I could never do it
>>
>>12025
>>12047

lol at you faggots saying I don't have a jaw

Whats even funnier is none of you have posted pics

>>12031
>douche beard
Stubble = douche?

lol sounds like some butthurt faggot in his mid-20s that can't grow facial hair. Stay mad incel

>>12047
You took the time with a protractor to measure people's jaw angles, You need to re-evaluate your life you pedantic fuck

>>12061
Damn, my jawline is so recessed man showing 0 forward growth. Post pics of your robust maxilla and jawline, Gandy 3.0
>>inb4 reddit neckbeard beta
>>
>>12071
wow why post a pic if you're gona cry when people point out your obvious problems it doesn't mean you're subhuman dude we all have problems.

Also just because you failed geometry doesn't mean other people can't identify angles by sight.
>>
>>12070
well i appreciate the tips. the facial hair/skin care is kind of a cycle for me because i keep the hair to hide the blemishes/scars. should i clean shave and embrace the bad skin? i look like a baby without the little facial hair i can grow. I'm 20 so I'm hoping over the next few years it will come in thicker
>>
>>12072
The best part your asshat self fails to realize how to measure from the correct angle/line of sight and that some pics are taken spur of the moment.

Why don't you post a pic of your jaw? Exactly, you get real quiet cause you know in the end you're genetic waste
>>
>>12073
looking younger than you are is another problem I have but I figure i'd rather be a shit but not super shit looking "boy" than a super shit looking "man". I mean your skin isn't that bad in the picture but it's noticeable that it needs some work, maybe consider going to a dermatologist? And yes it's highly likely your facial hair will come in thicker in time.
>>
>>12074
I genuinely don't know what your first sentence means. Look at that picture, your gonial angle is really poor.

I'm ugly as fuck but even I have a better gonial angle than you do and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the posters in this thread do as well.

You don't get browny points for posting pictures especially when you then become a whiny faggot when you get called out.
>>
>>12074
Your jaw is shit
>>
File: 20170326_232117.jpg (408KB, 728x995px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_232117.jpg
408KB, 728x995px
I asked the other day but I never got a rating on my maxilla. How bad is it anons. I know I have a really weird mouth and chin area
>>
>>12078
it's bad i'm afraid. (can go into more details but it's gona be unpleasent)
>>
>>12079
Tell me anon

What can I do? I can't afford surgery.
>>
>>12080
there is nothing you can do without surgery :( You could perhaps look slightly better with proper tongue posture/swallowing and shit but really the damage is done.
>>
>>12075
thanks for the tips and honesty anon. my skin has never really felt super healthy and I've changed up my diet a lot which has helped over time. a dermatologist is a good idea though
>>
>>12081
I already mew. My profile looks worse if I let my tongue down. But what would you rate me
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 210x240px
>>12076
Kek,

So the only thing that indicates facial/jaw aesthetic is GONIAL ANGLE.

The only thing that women get wet by is the angle of your jaw GUYS; even if you have a wide mandible or long ramus, if you aren't a 90° robust, brickskulled, you're done for

I like how you come forth and admit your genetic trash and use your 'gonial angle' to compensate for something. You want a star stick for looking like a literal blockhead, you deserve it champ

>>12077
Talk shit, post pics and if your too pussy to, it's obvious your equally as insecure as boyo above

lol just literally end yourself
>>
>>12082
no worries I hope it's helpful.

>>12083
good job mewing. We should bare in mind that most people look better in portrait than profile especially someone like you, so we are seeing your "worst side" so to speak. I really don't want to give you a number because it's not a high one and you seem a decent guy. I think you are just going to have to try to come to terms with being a below average looking guy (just like I am trying to).
>>
>>12084
>So the only thing that indicates facial/jaw aesthetic is GONIAL ANGLE.
citation needed, looks like you're as bad at reading comphrension as you are geometry.

You post picture of your jaw and then you wonder why I comment on your jaw.

Don't you ever wonder why male models look nothing like you?

p.s. I know you're a troll but i'm a loser with nothing else to do so you can keep having the yous until I get bored
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-22-51-24.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-22-51-24.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Rate mine
>>
>>12084

Sorry dude, I'm not even gonna meme here but if you actually think you look good you are delusional
>>
>>12085
Are there any positive traits anon
>>
>>12087
pretty damn good i'm not going to lie. I'd like a little bit more definition of the ramus but could just be the shit quality picture. I mean from an objective perspective there's really nothing jumping out that isn't good with your jaw. There might be one of two things, if I were to play god I would change - but this is mostly personal preference and no one is perfect anyway.
>>
>>12089
your nose is ok eyebrows look pretty decent and you have a decent brow ridge although i'm a little bit concerned with how it then goes in and comes out again as you follow the outline up your forehead (did you get hit in the head at some point?) Your ear also seems ok and the neck is fine.
>>
>>12087
OP here
it looks good anon. I would do anything to have a jaw like yours
>>
>>12087
Damn dude you're a doppelganger to me just more handsome
>>
>>11987
Wait a few years. You still have baby fat on your face.
>>
>>12091
Oh hey one more thing. I have never had braces but I had my wisdom teeth extracted a couple years ago. Is that bad?
>>
>>12090
>>12092
>>12093

I recently started chewing Mastic gum which gave my jaw a bit more definition I think. Once I'm done eating it will look great I hope
>>
>>12040
what kinda argument did ur eyebrows get into to avoid one another like that
>>
>>12040
not to be a dick, but you should watch a tutorial for eyebrow plucking. There are lots in YouTube made specifically for men
>>
>>12095
i mean it's pretty obvious you haven't had much orthodonic work.

I'm actually alittle bit concerned about this myself as my wisdom teeth are starting to teeth and i'm really worried about them impacting and having to have them removed. As far as I understand it you want to keep as many teeth as possible.

>>12096
Honestly you already look pretty great in that picture
>>
File: 1475789004196.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1475789004196.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
>>12099
I guess there is no hope for me then.
>>
>>12100
:( some of us are born to suffer. Thankfully i'm told there's more to life than looks but it doesn't always feel like it (for reference I am also unattractive and have spent way too many thoughts fixated on why i'm so broken).
>>
>>12100
You need to save up for jaw surgery. It's not that expensive especially in Europe where there are some great surgeons. You need double jaw surgery with counterclockwise rotation. There's hope for you, /fa/m.
>>
File: tumblr_nshv2vqMHy1ubm73lo1_500.png (49KB, 451x485px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nshv2vqMHy1ubm73lo1_500.png
49KB, 451x485px
>it's an "anon daydreams about an idealized version of himself with proper maxilla and jaw development and perfect skin" episode
>>
File: IMG_9444.jpg (112KB, 590x1654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9444.jpg
112KB, 590x1654px
Can braces fix it a bit?
If not, any recommendations?
>>
>>12071
Holy shit dude you sound like Elliot Rodger 2.0

I think that your jaw is not the thing why girls reject you.
>>
>>12104
go to an orthodontist, learn how to breathe through your nose while keeping your mouth closed, learn proper tongue posture.
>>
>>12104
No, braces alone will only make it worse. You have a recessed jaw and need jaw surgery. Don't let them extract teeth.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.