[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitty Straight and Thin hair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1409093591016.jpg (107KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
1409093591016.jpg
107KB, 497x750px
I have super straight and thin hair and I can't seem to get it to do anything but sit limp on my head. Every morning I put hair wax in, and I can feel it sort of thickening the hair and shit.But whenever I try to style my hair in any way (aiming for something sort of like pic related, though obviously its not gonna look as good) it just falls down in front of my forehead like a limp dick and I look like a retard.

Whats even weirder is that occasionally I'll go to bed with some wax in my hair and wake up with it staying in place and looking cool. How am I supposed to replicate this? Blowdrying doesn't even seem to work. pls help
>>
no poo
>>
>>9804766
I have the same issue. I was using this matrix molding cream that was thick & yellow. It made my hair stand up & didn't make it fall, but now I can't find the shit any where. crew products just make my hair heavy & greasy
>>
>an de grĂ¢ce 2015
>not doing nopoo
>>
>>9804766
Throw away your shampoo and conditioner, which are probably shit. Get some sulfate and paraben free shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo like once every 10 days, condition every 2-3 days. Some leave-in conditioner with oils and shit too.
Take a trip over to Sally's beauty supply, and talk to the ladies over there about the problems you're having, and pick up some stuff.
>>
>>9804888
Not OP but thanks a lot. Also what about styling?
>>
>>9804951
I'm not sure about the styling for short and straight hair.
I haven't had straight hair since puberty, and I didn't pay any attention to my hair before it suddenly became curly.
The ladies at Sally's should be able to give you a few tips, if not, one of those hipster/alternative-ish salons could give you some advice as well.
>>
if you live in an area w/ hard water i've heard washing your hair with bottled water or installing a hard water -> soft water converter will help
>>
OP here. No Poo seems to be the general consensus. I've tried it before and didn't have a great experience but will try again.
>>
>>9804818
>>9804864
what does nopoo mean? obviously no shampoo but is that it only conditioner?
>>
>>9805409
just wash your hair thoroughly with water in the shower to remove the dirt and stuff.

don't put anything else in your hair.

I even don't shampoo my hair after putting gel/wax in it - it then gives it a nice fluffy look.

so yeah, I have just been sing hot water to wash my hair for like 1/2years.

Also, if you have long hair, I think you should wash it with shampoo like once a week or so
>>
Ive been struggling with my hair for a bit, its wavy, strong as fuck and dry as hell. I cant pull of anything with this crap.
>>
>>9805512
nopoo gives u rly bad dandruff tho
>>
try different products, mouse gel etc. and don't clean your hair so thoroughly. conditiioner covers it in a thin layer of oil that makes it hard for hair product to stick to, so avoid that
>>
>>9806268

yeah how 2 fix that
>>
>>9807801
shampoo once every 3 days

this is advanced nopoo technique called sumpoo
>>
>>9807801
start using dandruff shampoo daily
>>
>>9806112
same, ugh.
i use american crew defining paste and blow-dry after that. it's far from perfect but it's the best working thing i've come across.
any more suggestions for thick/dry hair?
how do u prevent being greasy when u no poo but also do sports/party a bunch?
>>
>>9807823
Kek
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.